What's new

getting rid of coco?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
now im not trying to start a fuss but im new to burning its what everyone does out here... im not burning plastic or anything like that but i was wondering on how bad it was to burn coco? shouldnt be too bad right? what about perlite?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

or re-use it by adding some cannazym to it... Breaks down old/dead root material and allows you successfully reuse it without risking disease in the future

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
bury it anywhere, or re-use it in your new grow. You can burn it but it'll attract more attention than any other method of trying to hide it.

Immigrant

I'm not a big fan of re-using coco but that's just my personal choice ;) so what I usually do is mix it in with the ash from the garden fire or dig a spot in the flower bed and bury it.

pedrodepaco

I know your pain poopy. I have 12 trashbags of the stuff. The whole garden yard thing might work for one grow. When you have a shitload every 2.5 months and it is snowy for atleast 4 months a year. Perlite should be harmless when burnt. Coco should b mostly cellulose so it to is fairly safe.

huntingbb

bury it anywhere, or re-use it in your new grow. You can burn it but it'll attract more attention than any other method of trying to hide it.

lol. not to revive a dead thread, but to revive a dead thread... You do realize there's always the green trash can?

I like to make my deposit in there an hour or less before the trash guy comes, I'm up at that time and doing shit anyway so its not out of character - fwiw.

R

rick shaw

In the Bay Area there is the recycling/composting program. Green bins are food scraps,plant material.:blowbubbles:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
drive it to the country side/ woods and dump it, but you really should use it more then once, second and third rounds can be even better then first runs. but the compost will be very happy with coco added. in the larger ops we used to just bag it up and drive it to the local trash burning and collection point, the car drives on a scale on the way in and again on the way out so you pay per weight dumped. the worker might stroll over while you are unloading and have a peek in a few bags just to check you aint dumping body parts, or the wrong stuff for the incinerator. but they don't give a shit about bags of coco slabs. in the old days we just had a truck bring us a building site trash container and we'd fill it up and have it collected openly, lol. in those days no one knew what coco slabs were, not even most growers, let alone the general public. but those days are gone.

LIFEISGOOD

I love the fact that you needed a construction dumpster to get rid of your coco. Makes me smile just thinking about it.:)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I'm starting to have a similar problem with soil, I have about 30 bags a month I need to dump out, and it only took a couple months to fill several large planter beds to the brim. Actually makes me want to try aero or NFT just to be rid of the big growing medium mess!

mg75

if you grow legally in a med state, i don't see a problem having sanitation pick up your dry lightweight coco. a few bags at a time...

Latest posts

Latest posts