What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting ready for 1st Vertical grow

O

OG Tree Grower

Nothing wrong with that for a 400watt light, shit happens.
Do you think you learned enough or your training skills are that much better you can fill the screens better next time?

As for the mishap I'm pretty positive that if you don't let your pots dry out so much and check your runoff more often, you won't have those problems again. I'm almost positive that nitrogen toxicity was from high ppm in the soil due to the blu Mat not watering enough and causing build up. Put straight RO water through it once a week to check runoff and in turn flush out and buildup.or hand water and do 20% runoff each time

gr866

Veteran
Nothing wrong with that for a 400watt light, shit happens.
Do you think you learned enough or your training skills are that much better you can fill the screens better next time?

As for the mishap I'm pretty positive that if you don't let your pots dry out so much and check your runoff more often, you won't have those problems again. I'm almost positive that nitrogen toxicity was from high ppm in the soil due to the blu Mat not watering enough and causing build up. Put straight RO water through it once a week to check runoff and in turn flush out and buildup.or hand water and do 20% runoff each time

Thanks OG,

I plan on visiting some Blumat sites and question about that very topic. Thinking that the buildup occured as you say they may not be watering enough, and using what turned out to be too high ppm in the rez.
I have made the switch to Canna nutes, not sure about the additives yet. Also removing the air stones or run them less hrs, as I think the pH fluctuation is cause by the added air. Was never a major issue but it had to be checked regularly and the pH adjusted with each rez fill.
Be starting the winter grow here within the next few weeks, unsure of strain yet.
GR

gr866

Veteran
Just a quick pic of the finished work. Ready to start again. I put BC1 in the compost pile so final weight of the other four ladies is 8.15 zips.

See ya next grow,

GR

oh still working the the smoke report!

gr866

Veteran
Well the sun has set on this grow, time for the smoke report and close this journal.

The better of the two strains was the Critical Kush, two plants, final weight 3.85 zips. High is a good but short lived, maybe a good hour till you notice your not high anymore. I give it a 7.5 to 8.

The three Blue Cheese, one made the compost pile, the other two weight total is 4.25 zips. High is mild and also short lived. I give it a 7!

Not sure what I will grow my next grow, I hopefully learned from my mistakes and this grow will be better. Going to need 6 total plants this grow.

Current seed selection. All fems unless noted.
5 Critical Kush, Barneys Farm, First run, did not go that well.
1 LSD Barneys Farm
1 Neville's Haze, Mr. Nice Seeds
5 Black Widow reg, Mr. Nice Seeds, was not happy with the growth pattern of these seeds.
4 NHS (Northern Lights 5/Haze x Skunk #1), Mr Nice Seeds
4 White Widow, Pyramid seeds
1 Northern Lights, Pyramid Seeds
1 Citrus Super Haze, Seedsman Seeds
1 Dr Seedsman, Seedsman Seeds
2 White Widow, Seedsman Seeds
24 +/- (female) Stick 6 OG Kush x (male) Lavender/AK, friend grower from NorCal, no info on this strain, regular seeds.

GR

Well that's it for this grow, thanks for all the comments and critics, you guys are a big resource!

Peace out!

Globule

Nice work gr866!

You've done a great job mate!

Enjoy your bountiful harvest and the warm inner glow that comes from smoking your own crop :biggrin:

If i had those seeds i would definitely plant that Nevilles Haze and some of the NHS. Anything from MNS would be a great option. Barney's i've not read good things about but no experience of my own with them.

See you next grow!

Latest posts

Latest posts