What's new

Getting Older... Doctor Calls Me Out on Medicating w/MJ.

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Great post Joe Fresh! The cure is worse than the illness!:yoinks:

"gee doc, I got headaches, blurred vision, rash and dizziness....oh, I've also got a tremendous boner, thanks man!":dance013:

If I go to the clinic they would only find something wrong with me. Why the hell would I want that? Toke care~ mT

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Find a different doc. At one of my appointments quite a while ago, my GP told me that he was being forced into drug testing his patients that were prescribed opiates. The DEA was concerned about opiates being re-routed to the street, and wanted to make sure that they were being used by the person they were prescribed for.

Funny, I always refused to even consider any job that required drug testing because I always figured that it was nobody's fucking business, and now they test me to make sure that I am taking drugs! Anyhow, he told me that if I was a cannabis user, I needed to get a recommendation in advance of the testing, and it would be fine. If I didn't have the recommendation, then I could be dropped by the insurance company for using illicit drugs. Bizarre.

I once told a registered nurse at a doctors office I used mj when asked about my drug use. She asked if I used it intravenously. And she was completely serious.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
My rule of thumb...is to never answer truthfully any "marijuana" question; I prefer to suggest that I "misunderstood the question"--than be disqualified.

If you think about it, what good could EVER come your way...if you admit "abusing drugs"?
Cheers!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Remind her who she works for and then find a new doctor.

There are many out there that want to help. She is not a thinker and is most likely a horrible doctor.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

btw, you should inform this bitch that cannabis (please never refer to it as marijuana) is also the only medicine to relieve you of the kind of grief she caused you to feel in having her vilify the meds that actually do give you comfort.

she probably called a local emergency meeting of her local TeaBaggers Party for that very night.......

sso

Veteran
but most doctors are morons (or protecting their job..)

id keep my mouth shut unless its one of them rare, real doctors.

sso

Veteran
but most doctors are morons (or protecting their job..)

id keep my mouth shut unless its one of them rare, real doctors.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
doctors dont like to give you any medication unless it also has the following side effects:

amnesia
enlarged breasts(men)
death
decrease in balls size
cancer
stroke
dementia
suicide
loss of taste
hallucinations
cough up blood

and much much more....

and then they would like to prescribe something to fix what side effects the previous meds caused...

hell...ever hear of chantix? 32 side effects
32. Hostility
31. Aggression
30. Mania
29. Suicidal thoughts
28. Abnormal sensations
27. Hallucinations
26. Anxiety
25. Panic
24. Agitation
23. Anger
22. Depression
21. Changes in behavior
20. Changes in thinking
19. Paranoia
18. Confusion
17. Worsening mental health problems
16. Rash
15. Redness
14. Peeling of skin
13. Life-threatening allergic reactions
12. Swelling of the face
11. Swelling of the mouth
10. Swelling of the throat
9. Trouble breathing
8. Rash
7. Blisters in your mouth
6. Nausea
5. Sleep problems
4. Constipation
3. Vomiting
2. Suicidal actions
1. Gas

and chantix was developped to help ppl quit smoking.....

idk bout you guys but to me smoking sounds safer...

Had a doc prescribe me something once(well a few things here and there) ...i told him i wont accept the prescription unless i go home and research it 1st...the list was 3 times of the above list(and just as bad/backwards to the initial problem)...went back and said NO WAY!!...he had the nerve to say "all drugs have side effects?"...but when i previously told him i smoked Cannabis i was told "ohhh noooo...the side effects!"

I live in OZ :gday: no medical MJ here...but have no problem telling the docs i use it for pain etc...and get the same BS every time..."the side effects...the side effects"...so then i say"well what will you give me for pain relief???....the reply is a big blank stare...and a change of subject

docs here will offer nothing to help(except to say i appreciate you problem with pain ) but tell me what does work for me is bad

I don't start a debate with the...i know who will win...and its not them!!!.HH. =]-~

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I have a common complaint. One of the nerves in my leg is being pinched by something. This results in numbness in the leg, tingling, burning and deep muscle pain. It's been going on for years, but has been getting progressively worse over the past six months. The other night the leg wouldn't let me sleep so I heeded my wife's advice and made an appointment to see an orthopedist.

So I go in and they ask what drugs I take and I go through the list (I suffer from a rather horrible mental disease as well as suffer high blood pressure, high cholesterol and migraine headaches, so I have quite a few meds) and of course I had to list marijuana as one of the medications I regularly take.

The doctor acted like I shot her. She could not believe a guy my age (I just turned 50 two weeks ago and you people forgot the surprise party) was using "illicit drugs". I almost laughed. I told her that sometimes it was all I had between me and screaming agony from the headaches, but that wasn't important. What was important was that I am an older man and I need to be responsible.

She even wrote across my treatment printout "NO ILLICIT DRUGS!" "NO MARIJUANA!"

Gimme' a break lady. Have I not earned the right to just a wee bit of comfort as time winds down in my life?

Frickin' square baffoon.

Is anyone else getting this kind of gas from the health community?

same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.

the best part of all though, is that during the check-up with the doctor, the asshole answers the phone and tells the person who is calling that he should up from 10mg to 20mg the ritalin dose for a 12 year old kid.

I could not believe it... he's passing out ritalin like candy and talking shit about Cannabis at the same time.

that goes to show, you find total ignorant people in all areas of life.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a common complaint. One of the nerves in my leg is being pinched by something. This results in numbness in the leg, tingling, burning and deep muscle pain. It's been going on for years, but has been getting progressively worse over the past six months. The other night the leg wouldn't let me sleep so I heeded my wife's advice and made an appointment to see an orthopedist.

So I go in and they ask what drugs I take and I go through the list (I suffer from a rather horrible mental disease as well as suffer high blood pressure, high cholesterol and migraine headaches, so I have quite a few meds) and of course I had to list marijuana as one of the medications I regularly take.

The doctor acted like I shot her. She could not believe a guy my age (I just turned 50 two weeks ago and you people forgot the surprise party) was using "illicit drugs". I almost laughed. I told her that sometimes it was all I had between me and screaming agony from the headaches, but that wasn't important. What was important was that I am an older man and I need to be responsible.

She even wrote across my treatment printout "NO ILLICIT DRUGS!" "NO MARIJUANA!"

Gimme' a break lady. Have I not earned the right to just a wee bit of comfort as time winds down in my life?

Frickin' square baffoon.

Is anyone else getting this kind of gas from the health community?

Fuck that idiot. she went to school for 12 years to be your mom and feed you b.s. ? Get a different doctor.

same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.

the best part of all though, is that during the check-up with the doctor, the asshole answers the phone and tells the person who is calling that he should up from 10mg to 20mg the ritalin dose for a 12 year old kid.

I could not believe it... he's passing out ritalin like candy and talking shit about Cannabis at the same time.

that goes to show, you find total ignorant people in all areas of life.

Why i pretty much stopped going to the doctor ever.

I went to a dentist like 8 years ago and he said I would need all these crazy mouth surgeries or in 6 months I would be in severe pain. He was full of shit. 8 years doing just fine still. I brush my teeth, floss and use mouth wash two times a day and i have no problems. I wonder how many people don't have cancer until they go to the doctor? How many people would be just fine with no radiation or Chemo therapy if they never even knew they had cancer. If their immune system was not all fucked from treatment how many of their own bodies would just correct the problem?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know the answer, new doctor. Either that or bitch slap her till she loves the weed.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Why i pretty much stopped going to the doctor ever.

I went to a dentist like 8 years ago and he said I would need all these crazy mouth surgeries or in 6 months I would be in severe pain. He was full of shit. 8 years doing just fine still. I brush my teeth, floss and use mouth wash two times a day and i have no problems. I wonder how many people don't have cancer until they go to the doctor? How many people would be just fine with no radiation or Chemo therapy if they never even knew they had cancer. If their immune system was not all fucked from treatment how many of their own bodies would just correct the problem?

i tried this.

I though i tore a chest muscle wrestling with my puppy.

waited.. waited..

I could flex the bulged out...

finally went to doc, and he said there was no tear..

lets just say my system wasnt taking care of the big C by itself...

GO TO THE DOC, at least hear them out.

C

CLOWD11

Sorry to hear your ailments mpd.
As i was reading through it came to mind that it sounds like your poisoning yourself with your diet.
Ive heard of people getting out of wheelchairs simply by doing a detox and diet change, obviously a fairly strict diet to see those results.
Im approaching that age so can sympathise with you and wish you good luck. Our health is all we have, once its gone, it gets very expensive to try to retrieve in the US.

I found the below quote is pretty good advise.

The main poison is animal fat. That is where the animals toxins are stored.

Add to Sam's post maybe cutting down on animal fats & meat and high fructose corn syrup(in its many forms) Adding more veggies like salads and kale raw if you can take it, I am only part granola hippy but it gives your body much needed enzymes and minerals. GMO is seriously gnarly and it is in everything! almost all corn and soy in this country(and the world) is gmo and once you start reading labels, its all over! haha Jeffrey Smith "Seeds of Deception" is a quick read and will give you some beta on what has been known by the scientific community for a long time. Why cant we have gmo labeling? Think about it.NS

shmalphy

Veteran
Actual conversation :

doc: how often do you smoke cannabis?
me: occasionally
doc: how often is that?
me 3 or 4 times a day
doc: then why did you say occasionally?
me: because occasionally I spark up a bowl...

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Dear sir, I would like for you to let us know what scripts this DR. has prescribed for you in the past. Then we can do a side effect comparison. You know what the deal is ole timer. LOL Can I call ya that when i'm 41 yrs of age???But really.....I wanna know.:tiphat:

I'm an addict so I don't take any narcotics under any circumstances so my scripts are heavy on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants.

This was the first time seeing this doctor. That's HMO medicine for ya'!