What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting off the "Bottle".... how I DIY ALL my nutes.

gmanwho

Veteran
jacks did come up with a "cannabis " chart. an they did increase the gram per gal ratios.

Jacks part a 5-12-26 at 3.79 Gram Per Gal
part B 15-0-0 at 2.52 gpg

Just talking here..... towards the direction of nutrients an their values to the plant.

I think the most part any of recommendations to run at a final "EC reading" is completely an absolutely based on environment and genetics and stage of growth. What works for Neg37dba might not work for "joe"

throw in lighting differences, wow !! An not just PPFD but DLI as well. Always so many factors.

or PPFD from one lighting diode arrangement to another diode arangement. then PPFD is not a reliable baseline anymore. " but im at 400 PPFD" is now actually kinda vague. this alone can show problems in one garden an not the next.

An like neg37dba said, the choice of medium. the cec of the medium, or WC of medium, all plays a big part on how they feed. among other things.

I miss the RDWC days. But i dont miss moving one pathogen to the next plant. Its bad enough dealing with fungus knats being a vector or possibilty of clone to clone spreading.

Circulatiing unwanted and unknown pathogens is one of the reasons i stopped RDWC. Not root rot either, that was elementary compared to later on. And also reading a reservior EC, but not knowing truely what the individual element depletion is of the nutrient solution. Or worse off, the ACCUMILATION of leftovers throwing antagonisms an chasing phantom defeciencies. Then throw in rasied Na or chloride levels rising. the uncertiany of how valuable the nutrient in solution now becomes less and less reliable. I hit a certain point where the unknowns started to outweigh the benefits.

but If it works for you, full steam forward!!

But RDWC was such an efficient way of hydro growing. i think eventually i will try again one day an incorporate UV lights on my feed part of the circulation.

Then to add, understanding that "EC" is only reading conductivity and that's all.

1ec in a gal of jacks a, is completely different then 1 ec of jacks B. Feed them in a ratio and they work. Seperate them, and feed 1 ec of jacks B(cal nit) over an over an it does not work without the A

I tell you thou, ever since newer leds have came along feedings have gone up an up. but on the plus side yields have often gone up as well. But its like putting ferarri motor in a smart car, if you cant keep it on the track, your not making it to the finish line.

Change any parameter, known or UNKNOWN, an things can sometimes get squirrelly.

Seize the day!!

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
I wanna get back to the mixing of nutrients. ratios, additions to jacks 3/2/1. changing of nutrient sources. aminos & fulvics , calcium sources, benefical microbes, enzymes, natural pgrs an other additives.

has anyone done any controlled experiments with their nutrients, and or tested for terpenes?

Increeasing terpene's is what has driven me the last few years.

LostTribe

Premium user
Jacks told me to up it to 2.0ec and see if theres improvement. They said it shouldnt burn as its only got 150ppm N. He said they shoot for 2.2-2.3 in veg. I flushed and refilled sitting at 1.9 for now.

I also noticed some strange stuff going on in my solution concentrate of Part A and Espom. Wondering if it fell out of suspension? I mixed a new batch and the Part A still had a bit in the bottom after an hour so instead of combining the A and Epsom into one I made a 3rd gallon just for the epsom.

378.54 grams/gallon Part A
98.94 grams/gallon Epsom Salt (Mag Sulf)
252.36 grams/gallon CalNit

So I just add equal parts of all 3 of these to my rez. This is supposed to be enough for 100 gallons of water I believe, looks close as I just made 20 gallons for my rez.

jackspratt61

I wanna get back to the mixing of nutrients. ratios, additions to jacks 3/2/1. changing of nutrient sources. aminos & fulvics , calcium sources, benefical microbes, enzymes, natural pgrs an other additives.

has anyone done any controlled experiments with their nutrients, and or tested for terpenes?

Increeasing terpene's is what has driven me the last few years.
Lookup mg/mn ratio for mono/ sesquiterpene production.

ZK7

jacks did come up with a "cannabis " chart. an they did increase the gram per gal ratios.

Jacks part a 5-12-26 at 3.79 Gram Per Gal
part B 15-0-0 at 2.52 gpg

Just talking here..... towards the direction of nutrients an their values to the plant.

I think the most part any of recommendations to run at a final "EC reading" is completely an absolutely based on environment and genetics and stage of growth. What works for Neg37dba might not work for "joe"

throw in lighting differences, wow !! An not just PPFD but DLI as well. Always so many factors.

or PPFD from one lighting diode arrangement to another diode arangement. then PPFD is not a reliable baseline anymore. " but im at 400 PPFD" is now actually kinda vague. this alone can show problems in one garden an not the next.

An like neg37dba said, the choice of medium. the cec of the medium, or WC of medium, all plays a big part on how they feed. among other things.

I miss the RDWC days. But i dont miss moving one pathogen to the next plant. Its bad enough dealing with fungus knats being a vector or possibilty of clone to clone spreading.

Circulatiing unwanted and unknown pathogens is one of the reasons i stopped RDWC. Not root rot either, that was elementary compared to later on. And also reading a reservior EC, but not knowing truely what the individual element depletion is of the nutrient solution. Or worse off, the ACCUMILATION of leftovers throwing antagonisms an chasing phantom defeciencies. Then throw in rasied Na or chloride levels rising. the uncertiany of how valuable the nutrient in solution now becomes less and less reliable. I hit a certain point where the unknowns started to outweigh the benefits.

but If it works for you, full steam forward!!

But RDWC was such an efficient way of hydro growing. i think eventually i will try again one day an incorporate UV lights on my feed part of the circulation.

Then to add, understanding that "EC" is only reading conductivity and that's all.

1ec in a gal of jacks a, is completely different then 1 ec of jacks B. Feed them in a ratio and they work. Seperate them, and feed 1 ec of jacks B(cal nit) over an over an it does not work without the A

I tell you thou, ever since newer leds have came along feedings have gone up an up. but on the plus side yields have often gone up as well. But its like putting ferarri motor in a smart car, if you cant keep it on the track, your not making it to the finish line.

Change any parameter, known or UNKNOWN, an things can sometimes get squirrelly.

Seize the day!!
The key to RDWC is regular full changeouts of the solution to keep things in balance, if you don't it goes to shit quickly.

negative37dBA

Veteran
GG4 clone only killing it as per usual. I can never say enough good things about this baby!
Day 50. Just never fails to frost out and reek the entire place up.
IMG_7951 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7955 - Copy.JPG

Jacks 321, Cal Mag and MPK. At VERY low levels for most of the run. Around .7 to .5 EC. Probably fading just a bit early but it is all good.
Have a sweet day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
GG4 clone only. Day 54. Water only, fading nicely. The white factor is off the charts. As usual with the Glue. Look at all those gooey xmas presents for me.... Jacks 321, Cal mag and MPK ftw! They been taking in almost 3 gallons of water each 24 hour period. Harvest in a week or so.
IMG_7992 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7997 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7999 - Copy.JPG

You will see some of my leds are out/off. I have the voltage turned so low in this shot they do not have enough power to light them up. This PLC light made by me has been going strong for almost 4 years now. ZERO problems or issues. SOOOO happy I built this light.
Have a sweet day all!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

I Care

That’s definitely Gorilla Glue, nice. I finally broke down and bought some puffage. This isn't the first time seeing your thread but it’s the first time this thread makes sense. That GG4 looks genuine!

aliceklar

Any opinions as to whether this would work with coco? K seems very high.

"HYDROFEED COMPLETE General Hydroponics Nutrients, 2 Part Powder

Part A contains an NPK ratio of 3:4.8:31.5, with Magnesium (2.4), Sulphur (10.9) and micronutrients (Boron, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum and Zinc).

Part B contains Calcium Nitrate, that’s 15.2 Nitrogen and 18.9 Calcium

Using both together provides all the macro and micro nutrients your plants require. The balance of nutrients can be easily shifted for different phases of growth

Vegetative growth - use equal parts of A and B to get NPK 9.1:2.4:15.8 and 9.4 (Ca) 1.2 (Mg) 5.4 (S)

Fruiting – Use 3 parts of A and 1 part of B to get NPK 6:3.6:24 and 4.7 (Ca) 1.8 (Mg) 8.2 (S)"

[edit - I was talking nonsense. Its similar to Jacks. Itll obviously work. What I really need to do is work out the differences in nute requirements in coco vs hydro.]

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
That’s definitely Gorilla Glue, nice. I finally broke down and bought some puffage. This isn't the first time seeing your thread but it’s the first time this thread makes sense. That GG4 looks genuine!
So until now for you this thread made no sense. Thanks for that buddy...really feeling the love here....
I dont need you to confirm its the glue. I already know.

I Care

I’m trying to replicate what someone thought me, which they used 15 years ago. I’m starting to see the light.. Took a bowl pack to finally open up to the methods you guys are using now. I’m just happy to see you doing what you do. I will be sure not to give out any more compliments, just be a quiet admirer.

Old Uncle Ben

GG4 clone only. Day 54. Water only, fading nicely. The white factor is off the charts. As usual with the Glue. Look at all those gooey xmas presents for me.... Jacks 321, Cal mag and MPK ftw! They been taking in almost 3 gallons of water each 24 hour period. Harvest in a week or so.
View attachment 18928322
View attachment 18928323
View attachment 18928324
You will see some of my leds are out/off. I have the voltage turned so low in this shot they do not have enough power to light them up. This PLC light made by me has been going strong for almost 4 years now. ZERO problems or issues. SOOOO happy I built this light.
Have a sweet day all!
Peace, negative.

I see some major chlorosis going on.

negative37dBA

Veteran
If you actually read a bit of it you would have seen that I used very low nutrient levels this run...lower than ever..but of course you wouldnt know that because you did not read shit.

Latest posts

Latest posts