What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

getting "higher" through different methods

THC123

Veteran
the best way to get the highest possible is quitting few weeks the just taking a few hits:yoinks::joint:

Although i am sure not many would like to try this:laughing::laughing:

If you don't get high anymore your just smoking too much or only have schwag shit

Good method, because then you get your CBD's from the bong and your pure THC from the Vape. That should give you a nice combo of stoned and HIGH AS FUCK.

Neat!! I also like to smoke wet(fresh) buds in my pipe with a torch lighter. It gives a different kind of high. :woohoo: Would not recommend it with a small pipe tho, because it heats up the glass bowl fast and you can hurt yourself. :joint:

1451267516_d0aee0cf71.jpg

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Neat!! I also like to smoke wet(fresh) buds in my pipe with a torch lighter. It gives a different kind of high. :woohoo: Would not recommend it with a small pipe tho, because it heats up the glass bowl fast and you can hurt yourself. :joint:

I'd only smoke wet bud in a vape, otherwise your smoking a lot of chlorophyll.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Edibles are the ticket, way high on the green milk right now, still climbing. Learn to make it right and bhang lassa / green milk will kick your ass. Chamba is right, sativas are better, I like a multi strain salad mix.
H

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
I agree, edibles are the most effective way of getting cannabinoids into your system, even more so than a vape because you are getting more than just THC. (and its at just the right temp in your body)

zomg1

edibles are an easy way to get overwhelmingly sky high... switching up the setting im baked in always seems to intensify my high, if im out of my element i find it much easier to notice all the little nuances of a nice stone

T

theratings

Pound for pound I'd say I've never been as high as I have as from eating what we'd call weed edibles.

Oh man... urge to make brownies... rising.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I have to agree with you guys on the edibles. Only way I know of that you can actualy overdose on THC. And trust me, you dont want to do that. I love baking and cooking with hash. I just need more recipies that are on my diet!

Thank You Fear.loathingSF

Thank You Fear.loathingSF

Dont be so quick to make judgements. Myrcene is a terpene in cannabis and has some sort of effect on the high. It just so happens that mangoes are also high in Myrcene.

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31074
I heard about it in an Ask Ed column, and if Ed Rosenthal says it works I'll give it a try. I like to get Mango Nectar from Jumex its a sweet mango drink with myrcene in it to help a joint out.:muahaha:

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
I have to agree with you guys on the edibles. Only way I know of that you can actualy overdose on THC. And trust me, you dont want to do that. I love baking and cooking with hash. I just need more recipies that are on my diet!

Technically you can't OD (at least not on THC or any other cannabinoids that I know of) but you can sure as hell get Scary high.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

How high do you really want to get?
think you can't get too high, ask this guy.......

kodman111

IMO The size of any piece does not matter. its more along the lines of amount breathed in/Time length held in. (different for edibles)

There will always be a limit to how HIGH one can get.

one problem with smoking though is your body can only convert/intake so much at a time. Where as edibles it's absorbed into your body and dispersed over a course of time. causing a longer/different high. Smoke is just a simple/fast way to get THC and... well. Co2 straight to the brain.

Medical

Have a couple of thoughts on this. Smoking a pipe/bong and the "High" is there almost instantly, smoke a joint and it takes a little time. I think the difference in the speed makes people feel higher using one method over another. Myself a slower/"creeper" buzz is more intense because it gives me time to analyze it and think damn I am getting high.

As for edibles this is now my main mode of ingesting my meds! I consume 3 to 4 grams per day and function normally dont get high at all really, but if I take more than 2 puffs off a joint I am high. I have given 1 of my capsules to a heavy smoking friend and he was wasted for a long time!

I think it is all down to what you are used to.

G

Forget edibles and all the other smoking ideas.......................................If you want to get really high....................Mainline that shit! :)

H

hippiechild

Use a vaporizer to consume the most possible THC from your ganja. It def gets you very high or stoned while using way less bud. So if you're trying to save money and want to consume as much THC possible from your buds, go with the vap. :joint:

Take this with a grain of salt because it was stuff I learned in a uni....

We only can absorb about 20 percent of the THC when we smoke, which makes it so the gas-mask/bong combo would get you highest because you are continuously "recycling" the smoke that we didn't get the first time (remember how high you get when you're hotboxing?)

Receptors in your lungs, once triggered by us smoking, do not need prolonged exposure to get a prolonged effect. This means that supposedly we don't need to hold in smoke forever unless you want to choke yourself out and have a coughing fit (which some people like when smoking). It also mean that the bigger the steamroller, bong, etc. the bigger the effect. This also reinforces something that I know in my own opinion, which is that home-made gravity bongs get me higher then anything else I have tried when smoking or vaping. That's because the gravity bong forces the smoke to all of your lungs (more then you would be able to get under your own breath), potentially getting all of the receptors in your lungs.

As for edibles, I've had different experiences.... I agree with those who say that stuff they get from dispensaries are weak and have no effect on me except getting me a bit tired. I know most places make canna-butter then use that to make the brownies or other baked goods. I have had home-made brownies that gave me visuals by dumping shake and bud in brownies and cooking it straight into the brownies and while the occasional piece I had to pick out of my teeth was annoying, the effects were the strongest I have ever had using cannabis in any form.