What's new

Getting a Job

Bennyweed1

Veteran
couldn't they seize your company and everything you have saying it's proceeds of crime ^^ ?

if you get caught that is

Of course they could but it is a gamble I take and how I choose to live my life. Its all steps Im taking to transition to Colorado but I first need to establish my company here, hire solid employees so when I do move, I can leave this store opened and do everything legally under that law in Co. Of course its a whole different ball game but my point mainly is:

I dont want to grow my entire life, I am simply doing it to get me where I want to be so I can stop and be happy doing work I created.
Its all stepping stones, and like life itself; is a huge gamble.

I love working for myself, its the best feeling a free person could have.

jd4083

Veteran
I make $72,000 a year growing. I used that money to start my own computer company. I build custom PCs for any application. Its simple. Store front, registered an LLC, got a business tax ID. I'm legit.

Working for anyone but yourself is a sad story. Its the weak mans route.

I'd hire a someone with a criminal record, depending the charge. Not all criminal records are bad in my books.

With all respect, this is an incredibly stupid post in so many ways I can't even begin to name them all.

stc9357

Hell no lady was bullshitting never received a second interview letter. A guy who owns a local electrical company will call me for some part-time work according to him but work is slow right now. The only major electrical company in the area was hiring some more electrical helpers in 30-45 days.

Going through a program starting on May 25th called strive that helps felons find jobs its a three week program and will already tell me stuff I already know such as a having a resume, being professional during an interview, the important thing is 75% who come through the program get hired and there are strive employers.

Anyway my mother stresses patience and somebody else offered the same words of wisdom I'll just wait it out. I have a year of school left and I have my electrical technology degree I'll most likely go home and join the electrical union in Baltimore and I know I can find a job there.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
^if you can grab some electrical work here and there that's great, you can list it as experience on the resume, big help.

oh, and better to take the job with low pay to get experience rather than go for one with more bucks but not in the field. i learned that the long and hard way.

HOVAH2.0

Bennyweed1, you are what i want to become, start my own business using my weed money, but its hard gettin on your feet with nothing.

stc9357

Got a part time job working with an electrical contractor so I get to get paid and learn more about my occupation at the same time, wish it could be full time.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Got a part time job working with an electrical contractor so I get to get paid and learn more about my occupation at the same time, wish it could be full time.

Good news, hopefully things will improve after the election and you will be able to go full time? In my opinion much of the slow job growth is big business purposely holding back trying to get a more corporate friendly President in office. After the election they'll either get thier way and job creation will pick up and then once more people start earning money and paying taxes consumption will pick up and even more job creation will take place. Either that or they won't get their way but they still begin creating more jobs to improve the economy because it''ll definately be Obama's last term so no need to worry about him getting re-elected and therefore it would be foolish to not try to stimulate the market with job creation. The one draw back to big business sitting on trillions of dollars in capital, that works in the publics favor, is that by doing that big businesses are not making the kinds of profits they could be making because consumption is so low with so many out of work people.

stc9357

Being patient and constantly hounding people in the HVAC and Electrical profession helped. I don't know Hempkat I think it'll be around 2014 before the economy recovers but any positive change would be a good one. Anyway thanks for the advice its helped.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Being patient and constantly hounding people in the HVAC and Electrical profession helped. I don't know Hempkat I think it'll be around 2014 before the economy recovers but any positive change would be a good one. Anyway thanks for the advice its helped.

??

You think the economy is going to recover in a year in half? Any news/reasoning behind this thinking?

This downhill snowball is just starting to pick up speed. Bad news day in and day out and the people in power are not looking to fix it. They only react to news - nothing proactive. Simply put.. there is no solution.

I expect things to get much much worse before we see anything that even closes resembles a economic recovery. This could take 5+ years to decades +... but we have to recognize and allow a recession/collapse rather then just kicking the can down the road...

:blowbubbles:

Herbophile

??

You think the economy is going to recover in a year in half? Any news/reasoning behind this thinking?

This downhill snowball is just starting to pick up speed. Bad news day in and day out and the people in power are not looking to fix it. They only react to news - nothing proactive. Simply put.. there is no solution.

I expect things to get much much worse before we see anything that even closes resembles a economic recovery. This could take 5+ years to decades +... but we have to recognize and allow a recession/collapse rather then just kicking the can down the road...

:blowbubbles:

This is what I expect also. I've learned to keep my mouth shut around family and friends because they all just think I'm Mr. Negative. At this point I figure I'll just keep quiet and let them find out for themselves.

Congrats on the job stc!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran

Yeah I didn't mean immediately after the election, it'll take time for the economy to improve. Especially if the republicans win as the first thing on thier agenda will be to undo anything Obama and the democrats have done in the past 4 years. Just hang in there though and keep being tenacious, once you're full into your chosen field you should do well as your chosen field is one that stays in demand despite the economy. People will always need HVAC guys to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Molson

Congrats on the job. Always a good feeling to have some work.

Most companies/employers are skittish right now.... uncertainty in the air... skittish about bringing on FT people. Much easier to just get temp/pt people and dump them as needed - no need to give them benefits either.

PT is fine. Hopefully it'll lead to a FT spot.

On the upshot, at least gas is down in price.

stc9357

I'm still looking for full-time employment in the trade not just some part-time work when the guy needs me.

Yesterday made the third interview in a week: Got interviewed by an HVAC company for a helper position have a shot at it since one of his workers will be leaving in a month or two to go back to school (Wish he would fire him now since he's not trying to be apart of the trade.)

Second interview was two days ago got interviewed by an electrical contractor has around 7 guys looking to add a helper in the next two weeks because his contracts are increasing. Interview lasted for over an hour was a good one impressed the guy with my wiring skills and troubleshooting ability think I have a good chance.

Third interview was yesterday with Chickfila filled out an application over a month ago. Had a good interview and got hired on the spot.

What do all three of these have in common I pestered the owner (manage for chickfila) every week until they called me in for an interview. Anybody looking for a job keep trying this economy is as bad as the last great depression, don't think any politician in the current race will be able to save it. Unofficial unemployment rate is at 40% anybody thinking either one of these moderates will fix the problem is brain dead. If I get a call back from that electrical contractor best believe I'll be quitting chickfila even if I only work there a week.

Latest posts

Latest posts