What's new

Gettin down with a 600 hps. Khaleel-style.

bterzz

Veteran
You didnt stop feeding them Nitrogen?? what were you feeding them??

When the bottom leaves start yellowing its a sign of lack of nitrogen. I've never heard molasses do such a thing..but then again I'm not as experienced as a lot here..

Maybe someone can chime in.

DIYer

yes some pictures would be good but sorry that was my last grow and I never took any, it was more of an experimental type grow the way I had everything,.. enough people use molasses that I'm sure it's not a problem, it was just really weird to see my leaves go yellow like that immediately after adding it

K

khaleel

yes some pictures would be good but sorry that was my last grow and I never took any, it was more of an experimental type grow the way I had everything,.. enough people use molasses that I'm sure it's not a problem, it was just really weird to see my leaves go yellow like that immediately after adding it

owdy diyer, thanks for the posts. hope you enjoyed the thread.

plants give up their nitrogen and start to yellow towards the end of bloom naturally... this is actually desirable my friends. took me a while to figure that out. that's why you shut off nitrogen around week two of bloom for indicas, a bit later for sativas depending on flowering length. in simplistic terms, nitrogen = green growth, phosphorous = flower growth. in soil two weeks from harvest you want to rinse the soil well enough to get out all built-up nutes, and cut out all food phosphorous and everything alike. some use a finisher from a hydro store (molasses is a great organic/natural finisher). when you get rid of the nutes available to the plant, she then burns off all the green in her own body. this results in those super chronic, non-harsh, clean burning (ash will look gray when flushed instead of black) buds that smell fragrant (flower) instead of like hay (green), when properly dried and cured for a day or so. this is a big secret to having weed that smells and tastes like weed instead of hay. Here's a few pics of what the girls should look like towards the end of bloom:

picture.php

picture.php

sometimes you get lucky, and with low enough temps, and actually get purples or reds or oranges - if you kept feeding her nitrogen (green) you wouldn't see much of these other colors come out at all:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hope that helps. there are many things in growing cannabis that are subjective; when it comes to that sought-after chronic smell and flavor, however, letting the girls complete their natural life cycle and yellow towards the end of bloom is objectively cool. :D

K

khaleel

*clarification: when i said "with buds that are properly dried and cured for a day or two" I meant buds that are properly dried (4-7 days hanging), and THEN cured for a day or two. lol i'm medicated. what can i say the old grammar isn't helping me separate clauses very well. :smoke:

G

guest5703

Damn wtf I close my eyes for a minute and this thread is already done??? My bad brotha! Hope it went all well, PEACE