What's new

Gettin down with a 600 hps. Khaleel-style.

K

khaleel

Hello, hello. For those who don't know me, they call me Khaleel. :D i've been around icmag for about a year, working the fluorescents and T5's with some pretty decent results...

then came tragedy. family reasons prevented me from growing, for about a month or so. thankfully things are back to good, and i am getting my shit together to have a nice 6' x 5' cab, with a 600hps on one side and a 200w floro on the other. a little dose of each spectrum, all in the same bloom box. my plans are as follows:

a crude representation, albeit, but bear with me. my art lies in growing, not drawing pictures. thankfully. lol

I'm still shopping for lights right now, plan to have it going strong right after Thanksgiving. i have to retrieve a few things from the home storage locale to get totally ready, but for now i've set up a little DIY veg cab, consisting of four 60 watt cool cfl's on a power strip inside a slightly modified bedside stand/dresser-drawer. turned out ok, considering my complete lack of experience haha

i'm gonna mylar the inside and tidy things up a bit in the next couple weeks. this is mostly just a teaser, a starter-post that will hopefully build anticipation and escalate suspense. delay only seeks to increase the gratification, right? hahaha ok i'm just getting ansy to get started.

well, that's it for now! thanks for reading my first post. i promise a good time will be had by all once i'm rockin and rollin. til next time, be easy.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged brotha.im gonna be here you already know yo.
i cant wait to see what you do with the 600 pimpin.
good to see a new thread rollin bro.i knew you loved us too much to stay away LOLOLOL.
lookin forward to seein the cab up and runnin full speed.
be easy yo.peace-T-

K

khaleel

damn that was quick! hahaha you know me well my brotha. after two weeks of not growin i knew it was only a matter of time until i started back up. not to mention i can't afford to smoke (fuck paying those crazy prices!) if its not from my garden, and i'm too young to be poppin pills all day. so everyone is on the same page that this is the way it is, and it is actually better that way.

great to have you aboard, let's tear this fuckr up!

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn right bro.i feel ya,and i feel ya about the pills yo.i hadsurgery yesterday and the got me on some percs....f'n things are ass kickers yo....got me dizzy and groggy.
when the pains gone the pills are gone bro.i hate pills the feeling of bein not in control isnt settlin wellwith me,plus they got me all upset stomach and headspinny,like when ur totaly drunk and you know you dont need nomore to drink.
i been dealin with the pain till i just gotta pop one of them mf's
hehehe i know bro they taxin for bud out here yo,i dont buy no weed ever.cant see it yo 5-600 for a oz of killer...hahaaaa yea right !
peace bro.good to see ya.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
looking forward to seeing what you can with the 600 bro

Lets get the show started!!

M

moses224

At top of thread you mention florecents however as I read more it appears your using a 600hps..Am i reading correct? I would imagine thats why the ac is flowing right into cab. That said things could turnout to be real nice. A?re you planning on any lst or screening

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
leel use to use flouros yo,all them grows in the pics are from flouros.
he just got the 600.should be a bad ass show,my kat kills it with flouros the 600 should be real slick.
hope i cleared it up for ya maing.
peace.

M

moses224

hes got talent. If those are from floros dang his hps grow will be sick

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things look good Khaleel. Very good.
I never can get the hang of flouros. They work fine for me for the first 3 weeks, then things turn yellow then brown.....
I've never had a problem under the HPS, but them damn flouros is a bitch. Help a brother out. What's ya secret?

I'll be in the back wit the swishers....

MARLO

Glad to see someone else has difficulty drawing straight lines =)
Good job so far, I used to run lights out of a strip like that as well.

Smoking Gun

Tagged. Compared to T I am late. Damn T are you just following K now? Lookin' good so far K. I am really excited to see what you do with an HPS, I am sure your plants will just blow up. I am looking forward for the start. What are you running this time around?

K

khaleel

DrDog: i thought i smelled a pimp in here! :muahaha: here we go, finally playin with the big boy lights. ;)

moses224: my man T put it better than i could myself. lol (thanks pizzle :joint: ) glad to have you aboard, this will be fun!

weedmanherb: yo yo, welcome aboard, hope the day treats ya well when stoppin by :rasta:

marlo: i prefer dutchmasters, but hey a blunt's a blunt :canabis: hmm, the secret to floros? if your girls are turning yellow then brown after 3 weeks (veg? bloom?), it probably has nothing to do with the lights. unless you are keeping them too close. you know how those fifteen dollar digital thermometers you get at target have a small probe on a long wire? duct tape that bugger to your reflector (use common sense here) so that it hangs even with the canopy. if it stays around 80 your fine. love to do it about five degrees lower, but 80-85 deg F is definitely something you can work with. other possible cause of yellowing, if you are talkking three weeks in bloom, would be a lack of nitrogen. but the kind of shit it sounds like is happening would be too much to be the yellowing you get from shutting down the nitrogen. oh - overwatering. that could def be a culprit. i had some bad troubles with that in the beginning. remember, lift/tip the pot. if it feels light as nothing but a pot of dirt, water it. better a little too dry than a little too wet. the girls have enough water to make it. they're tough, in that sense. post some pics, ask some questions. you'll get a lot of good information from the guys that are (hopefully lol) going to stop by. soak it up. holy shit - that's a ramble. hahahaha :dueling:

la grassier: LMAO :laughing: yup, i just breathe and 'let the line draw itself' haha good stuff. good to know the liight setup actually works - i just got baked and wandered through the home depot. was a lot of fun too. :headbange welcome aboard my friend, hope you enjoy the show

well my friend is stopping by with mylar any minute, so ima post this one and put pics up after a bit. hope all is well. if you have a favorite pic of your own, post it. this one's for you, Tonatiuh :D

J

janedope

kahleel, those are some fantastic plants coming from any light, never mind fleuro's.... i'll definately be droppin by this one... :rasta:

K

khaleel

smokinGun what up brotha! glad to see you stoppin in, let's enjoy the ride

janedope: thank you kindly, more beautiful ladies to come ;)

Smoking Gun

These pics are for Marlo, a little taste of what can be done with flouro's. And mind you these pics are at day 53, so these aren't as big as the buds get.

E

EatShitake

Oh gawwwdammitt! I enter on page 2 already? WTF? I really AM a slacker!

Glad to see you up and at it, man! Gotta get this party started....riiiiiight?

I bet Bob Ross didn't start out drawing happy little trees, right outta the womb...gotta start somewhere!

:joint:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
HEY no talkin smack about BOB ROSS, he was born with that talent my friend...lol