What's new

GET MO's Perpetual COCO Grow...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yo smoke 1 and zoo, thanks for the ideas. I looked up at my broken fan soon as I read that, sep mine only got 3 light spots so I might look into somethin like that at home depot or sumfa. A pully type system would be perfect for adjustin the levels, Ima give it some thought and see what I come up with for this shit....

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
And you could use somethin like the strip lights fictures that run along the side of mirrors in bathrooms. But i want free hanging lights like you have yours, hope you come up with a good pully system.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Just upgraded to the 42 watt daylight lights(before it was 26) they put out 2800 lumens and I got four of um with one of 26's. Tryna figure out a good way to vent this little system, not tryna spend 100 dollars on a vortex right now... Any cheap venting methods yall?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Aint stanley blowers hella loud? I need somethin lightweight qiet, at least as quite as the vortex...
Heres a little update, the plants are lookin aright, I upped the dosage of canna a+b ta 2 ml/gallon, tryna make that yellow go away. Here go some pics of the lil mammas:
Grapefruit diesel, startn ta blow up, got some skinny leaves though:
PICT0025-2.jpg

PICT0026-1.jpg

Grapefruit kush, had some brown spots, I think I spilt some of the water mix on her:
PICT0024-2.jpg

PICT0022-2.jpg

Goo, no new growth yet, but them three leaves still look healthy as hell (haha!):
PICT0027-1.jpg

Here go the setup, lights on:
PICT0028-2.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

Still need to get the air circulaten a lil better, for now I just got a little fan on um and 2 uh the windows open...

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Well mo for the amount of money your trying to spend, thats bout all i could come up with.
mabey you could look into the panasonic whisper fans. You might be able to find one of those in you price range.

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
You live in Cali, try to find a hvac place that will sell you a squirrel cage blower. Say it's for an air hockey table or some shit. Make something up. You could probably find a decent deal. Peace.

clowntown

Veteran
Lookin' good man. :yes:

When I used Canna Coco A+B, I think I gave my clones something like 1mL/L to start so that'd be something like 3.8mL of A, 3.8mL of B per gallon. 1mL/gal Rhizotonic does seem a bit low as well but that's totally up to you. (Bottle-recommended dosage is roughly 15mL/gal at this point.)

Rhizotonic is expensive as hell and has high application rates, but works really well. I am actively looking for a cheaper replacement, though!

For fluorescent vegging, I highly recommend the sub-$9 T8/T12 electronic-ballasted 2-bulb 4-foot fixture from Wal-Mart, and a pair of F32T8 6400K tubes ($7 from Home Depot). For under $20 you have a pretty kickass pre-veg / short-veg system. :yes:

I think Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc sell multi-speed Stanley squirrel cage blowers for $40-ish (I forgot, could be off). They're yellow. Search for "stanley blower" on this forum and you should see lots.

:lurk:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
:rasta: Thanks yo, I just came up on 2 more clones of a differant Goo cut, check it out:
PICT0054-3.jpg

PICT0055-2.jpg

Here go pics of the one I got the first goo cut from:
PICT0053-3.jpg

PICT0051-2.jpg

PICT0044-3.jpg

I think Im finna take the cage blower out of the flower room and put the vortex in, then use the cage for the veg-tent.
Peace :rasta:

clowntown

Veteran
Since you don't have anything to reflect the light down, how about hanging the CFLs so that they're placed in between the plants (same height as plants) rather than over them?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
clowntown said:
Since you don't have anything to reflect the light down, how about hanging the CFLs so that they're placed in between the plants (same height as plants) rather than over them?

Right on, I just gotta get somethin ta hold the lights more stable first, so they dont slip down, like some clamps or something for where they hang from.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
:rasta: Thanks yo, I tightenned the twist ties and put tape around um, should be good for now, just be a bitch to adjust um. Heres a quick little update, the new Goos seem like they havin trouble adjusting to the enviroment, I have the thing open most the time with the fan blowin on low.
Heres the new little goos, lookin like they strugglin ta make it:
PICT0080-1.jpg

PICT0083-3.jpg

Here go the goo clone I made, still just three leaves but theyr some healthy lookin three leaves:
PICT0084-3.jpg

Grapefruit diesel, startin ta kick in a little more:
PICT0081-2.jpg

Grapefruit kush, also adjusting to the coco:
PICT0082-3.jpg

And the re-veg strawberry cough bein re-vegged, probly be some weeks before any action with this one:
PICT0085-3.jpg

Heres the tent:
PICT0086-3.jpg

:rasta: I have a hanna ph tester and hanna ppm tester comin tomarrow, I been usin that gh ph up/down with the dropper to test and I cant tell where Im at all the time with ph, so I said fuck it and got the electric meter. Got the ppm meter just for the hell of it, see what my water lookin like and make sure I got everything right on.
Thanks for all the imput folks! ICmag is the ShIT!
Ill leave ya with the mandala harvest....
PICT0087-3.jpg

:smoweed:

good stuff man, I just got my coco in the mail. I put a few trainwreck clones in it, they're doing well...I'll keep checking back. Peace.

Z

zoolander

Nice stuff MO :wave: The new cuts may not like the fan blowin on them but will adjust, The GF clone has a bit of cuping so I was wonderin if your heat is still a bit high ? I think since I first saw you here at IC you have come along ways and think you are only gonna get better and expect great things from you very soon . :headbange :friends: :respect:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Thanks Zombi3girl, nice ta have u aboard! :wave:
Yo zoo, thanks alot bro, that means a lot comin from a grower like yaself! :rasta:

I think they are probly still gettin a little warm, not anything over like 85, but still warm for a strain from B.C. ya feal. I just got my instraments and I think Ive been lowering my ph too much, Ive been waterring um at like 4.6, so I just hit um with some 5.3 water, with 550ppm, which I think converts to about a 1.1 ec. According to the Canna coco schedule, I have been underfeeding as well so I went up to 2ml per gallon of canna a and canna b, next waterring I go to 3....
Heres the new instruments, kinda cheap but they work (I hope..)
PICT0088-3.jpg

Here goes a top shot of the lil mammas, I just now waterred um:
PICT0089-3.jpg

Right on, more to come.....

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
:rasta: wut up folks? I was gone for 2 days and when I came back my plant was gettin singed by the bulb, my girl said she didnt know that wasnt ok.... Guess u gotta think alot for that one huh? :bashhead:

Here they are gettin waterred in the bath tub, Ima do it like this from now on cuz otherwise I get too much still water when they drain out.
PICT0153.jpg

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

PICT0150.jpg

clowntown

Veteran
They appear to be over-watered and perhaps over-ferted and possibly incorrectly pH'd or other types of lockout / deficiency issues. 4.6 is unacceptably low, and 5.3 is still a bit too low for my tastes. I'd recommend maybe keep your mixture at 5.8-6.0 and let the "drift" take care of itself in the medium for now?

You mentioned sometimes having too much standing water; I'm curious if this is what's keeping your (relatively) large pots too saturated for these small clones which have not yet developed their root system? I think it'd be better to keep your medium a little drier until they develop a decent sized root system, so you don't risk drowning them.

I'd recommend you raise the pots on something, such as: bricks / cinder blocks, Hydroton rocks, fluorescent eggcrate louvers, or anything that will keep the runoff water from pooling and constantly staying in contact with the coco medium. Or maybe just raise the trays on blocks, and plumb it so that it can drain into something. It will make watering much simpler and make life a lot easier...

Just my opinions and suggestions... :2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts