What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

FlaDankster

Veteran
going to Maryland in a few weeks visiting friends. i hope to get into some stripers and/or good blues while there. used to go to Hatteras every year, surf fishing during bluefish blitzes is a hell of a time! gulls and terns diving all around you, waves breaking over your ass while fighting 15 lb and up blues, oh man...then, after the blitz, drag your ass back to the jeep & fire up a doobie & crack open a mason jar or cold beer. i don't know if life can get any better...:woohoo:

Add a cute little redhead in the jeep..........life just got better:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yellow docs goofy jigs works well for me in my parts.

i've caught some nice ones using curly-tailed plastics before while surf fishing for sea trout. old man that took me for a ignorant tourist tried to talk me out of a big one, saying "that jack would be fine shark bait..." LOL! a "great white" DID eat it that night, lightly breaded & fried in butter & lemon juice...:woohoo:

About to plan a lil fishing trip soon. Been 4 years without and can't wait to get back out there. Fall will be fun fishing with my harvest of blue dream, Golden grams and unknown Indica.

CaptainDankness

Y'all making me jealous, I miss ocean fishing. Fresh water ain't terrible though and trout are delicious and it's always better than buying fish from the grocery store.

Though I am determined to catch some big lake trout and landlocked salmon.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
An old picture of a good fishing buddy of mine....
Jake got cancer after this pic, fought it hard for over 10 years and died about 7 years ago...

I miss him.. He was a damn good fisherman and a damn good friend!:tiphat:

Attachments

• fishing in the slough.jpg
    fishing in the slough.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 43

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Figured I'd post another picture from the same day...

I was lucky to get this split second shot...
This large mouth bass saw the boat, turned and ran like a demon!
He broke Jake's 12 lb. line from just pulling.

For size reference, that lure is a 3 and a half inch plug...

This split second is the only time we saw him. We estimated he was well over 8 lbs...

Attachments

• 1990 jakes bass....almost.jpg
    1990 jakes bass....almost.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 45

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Figured I'd post another picture from the same day...

I was lucky to get this split second shot...
This large mouth bass saw the boat, turned and ran like a demon!
He broke Jake's 12 lb. line from just pulling.

For size reference, that lure is a 3 and a half inch plug...

This split second is the only time we saw him. We estimated he was well over 8 lbs...

Awesome! I feel like I lose way too many nice bass I manage to hook up on.

Dog Star

Veteran
Its easy to loose bass compared to other fish... they start to shake like crazy and have
open mouth,then those jumps... really good sport fish..

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Went last night. Caught the bottom of low tide and fished until slack.
Caught two bluefish and 10 stripers . Biggest striper was 27 inches the rest were all in the 18-24 inch range.
A Black Bomber was the lure of choice but I did catch two of the smaller bass on the bucktail teaser tied up front of the lure.
Good times. Moon, shooting stars,a tiny bit of phosphorescence in the water. Fishing by feel at night when you cant see your cast or the retrieve of your lure is great. It refines your technique and makes you rely on your gear.

Badfishy1

Really wish I had a lot of pics I took on older phones. I was and still am horrible uploading pics to pc. Typically drop phone in the drink before remembering to upload. Love catching tank bass. When younger I would fish golf course lakes for bass... the fertilizers used to make the grass grow green also seem to make the fish grow... NO absolutely will NOT eat anything from those lakes, but the size of the fish made the trespassing charges well worth it lol

Latest posts

Latest posts