What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

yea i bet you felt the adrenaline pumpin threw ur veins after that one. I havnt fished with buzzbaits too much usually jus stick to spinnerbaits , the pike where i fish go crazy for a white spinnerbait , plus i usually dont even use a steel leader with them and ive lost very few spinnerbaits from pike bitin the line off because of the few inches of wire attached to em. Cant wait for walleye opening season gonna try some a new technique this year which is becoming quite popular , drop shotting , i wanna get a 15 pounder n put it on the wall

U

UBER21

drunkenstoner said:
yea i bet you felt the adrenaline pumpin threw ur veins after that one. I havnt fished with buzzbaits too much usually jus stick to spinnerbaits , the pike where i fish go crazy for a white spinnerbait , plus i usually dont even use a steel leader with them and ive lost very few spinnerbaits from pike bitin the line off because of the few inches of wire attached to em. Cant wait for walleye opening season gonna try some a new technique this year which is becoming quite popular , drop shotting , i wanna get a 15 pounder n put it on the wall

Oh yes deff I was fired up after that one....Walleye make excellant table fare too.... Here is a cool video of a 100pound tarpon getting smashed by 2 hammerheads....sick ass...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qjWQNwv-GJ4

yea that is some crazy shit , there is a show on the World Fishing Network that covers the Tarpon fishing championships in Boca Grande or something in Florida and its seems like the hardest part of landing those tarpon is getting it away from the sharks.

here is a video that reminds me of my experiences with big muskie attacking walleye or bass :http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uiu8wIgdsPk

U

UBER21

lol.....yeah he was lunch alright........happened to me crappie fishing had a huge 10lb bass engulf a nice size crappie in one shot......was using 2lb test on a micro trout reel so u know how that ended....lol

pan

Hey Nice work Smurf,
I cant wait till we got the teasers the size of bowling pines and the double dredge pulling mullet at 6.5knts, a glass jar of PinkGrapefruit X Apollo11 on the Vape, 9 rods in the water.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pan said:
Hey Nice work Smurf,
I cant wait till we got the teasers the size of bowling pines and the double dredge pulling mullet at 6.5knts, a glass jar of PinkGrapefruit X Apollo11 on the Vape, 9 rods in the water.

Thats gonna be awesome pan, what a session!
We're going for the Sampson next up, no vape tho, but taking some nice hash for the trip :jump:

pan

What part of the globe you on Smurf?

But if you roll for the Bluefin we got room on board for you and your hash.

irconfused

Well I more or less gave up poles in favor of spearfishing. For me the closest good stream is a 30 minute drive and you have to pay an $8 entrance fee just to get wimpy stocked trout.

Just take a few rips off the vape (smoking and holding your breath doesn't seem to go together too well...) grab your gear walk to the beach. Dive right in and wait along the edge of the kelp beds for something legal, once you manage to get a hit you've got yourself a free meal or two.

Aside from $50 a year for a new license I haven't spent a dime on gear the last 2 years and go about every other week when its warm out (march-october) more or less depending on how clear the water is and weather or not I can muster up the energy to do it. Back when I was a starving college student I would try and go just about every day so that I could spend my money on beer instead of food haha.

For those who have never tried I would highly recommend giving it a shot some day. The experience of being down there in their world is incredible, especially if you just ingested some good herb.

BRNEYDBVR

Right on...Pan!!!! :headbange

That's a nice sailfish.... and a beautiful 'hoo!!!

Gotta love wahoo and I particularly love the yellowfin tunas.... Awesome for sure! The bluefins only make a short appearance down around these parts.... But the yellowfins and blackfin tuna are much more prevelant.

Winter time on "the lump" can produce some HUGE yellowfins!

Love the pics!!! :joint:

A

annaC Seeds

catfishing with a basketball....we don't need no stinkin blood bait & hooks:muahaha:

looks like tonights menu calls for Fillets, Cold Slaw, Hush Puppies, Baked Beans & Spicy Cajun fries...and don't forget that big glass of Sun made Tea....yum , yum.

I am a saltwater fisherman by heart...there is nothing better than an incoming tide mixed with a early morning sunrise...except of course...an outgoing tide with a late afternoon sunset:wink:.

My wife bought me a beautiful pair of neoprene waders for my last birthday and inside was a beautiful card that read...."This is my way of saying we can't afford a boat!!!"
Great Fishing everyone!!!!
love to all.
annaC

zappa66

I flew from VT to FL w/ a vial of about 4-5 Js for vacation this week. Went out this eavning looking for snook ender up getting a small tarpon 35-20lbs. just blazed a joint...ahhh :)

wait... "35-20lbs." I must be stoned indeed lol 20-30lbs.

G

In my part of the world, fishing and hunting is a way of life. Getting stoned and throwing a line in the water will make the day go by fast, and being in the fresh air with open water is quite refreshing for the mind, body and soul.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
my dad is big into fishing. hes gotta friend with a boat and they go out from city island, get some beers and spend all day fishing. well i cant do the fishing thing, boors me to tears, but i told him if i ever go, i gotta have some smoke with me or no deal. i dont know how his friends would like it, but its the only way im goin, thats for damned sure!! lmao

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
I'm smellin' the stink so there's no reason to ask. Love fishing fishing fishing Pike slimed all the time.

38360emulsion.jpg

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pan said:
What part of the globe you on Smurf?

But if you roll for the Bluefin we got room on board for you and your hash.

LOL,, I'm down in Oz,, if I could afford the time away from home I'd gladly meet you guys at the dock.,
with a pocket full of putty. :wave:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
nice northern sirgrass, looks like an 8 pounder. i used to have this A+ spot for 10+ pike in a harbor up north all day long, sometimes a 40# would come through and break lines... then they dredged the channel and destroyed it all :badday:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
ash said:
yeah,check this whopper out...LOL...sure...:joint:

8" lake perch..slip bobber and nightcrawler.
at least i wasn't skunked my first day out...for the 08 season.
going to lake michigan this weekend.rumor is people are catching 16" jumbo perch,along with coho in 40'-60' of water...i'l have to dig out my deep diving rapalas for this trip.
256IMG_1506-med.JPG

hey ash, since you mentioned lake michigan and cohos, im assuming you wouldnt mind catchin browns too right? in-fisherman has an awesome article last issue on browns in lake michigan being just off shore breaks and jetties hitting gobies in 10-25' of water, should check it out. :joint:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
annaC Seeds said:
catfishing with a basketball....we don't need no stinkin blood bait & hooks:muahaha:

looks like tonights menu calls for Fillets, Cold Slaw, Hush Puppies, Baked Beans & Spicy Cajun fries...and don't forget that big glass of Sun made Tea....yum , yum.

I am a saltwater fisherman by heart...there is nothing better than an incoming tide mixed with a early morning sunrise...except of course...an outgoing tide with a late afternoon sunset:wink:.

My wife bought me a beautiful pair of neoprene waders for my last birthday and inside was a beautiful card that read...."This is my way of saying we can't afford a boat!!!"
Great Fishing everyone!!!!
love to all.
annaC

Wels Catfish are insane, the river Ebro just a bit south from me is full of them, up to 100KG and, yes, they do eat anything. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier got eaten by one whilst swimming at Miravet.... great fun to fish for, but potentially deadly if you screw up, people have been dragged in by line and hooks while trying to land them, even hooking a 30kg fish wakes you up sharpish out of any stoned daze. I want to get a Rampant Rabbit with a few trebles on it, I reckon it would be a] funny as fcuk and b] may well be a killer bait....

In England I think it is actually illegal now for Carp fishermen not to be tokers, one friend even sells Carp books in his Hydro shop....

Latest posts

Latest posts