What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

greenclaws

I've been fishing since I was eight, and smoking since I was sixteen, so inevitably, most of my fishing has been done high! I have two or three rivers available locally that hold brown trout - two tiny rivers (3m width), and one 'normal' (10m width) size. The season opened recently, and I'm heading out shortly to try them out - the floods last year wrecked a lot of the river fishing for a while, but the trout should be OK. However, I don't fly fish, so just adapt usual 'coarse' tactics - legered minnow or worms. Floats aren't allowed during the non-trout close-season, but trout being trout, they're easy to catch with these methods.

Don't have many pics online, but this was from a day out on a Trent weirpool last year - moored over 20 feet of turbulent water, we caught something like sixteen barbel up to ten pounds right under our feet - and they don't half pull back in those conditions, high or not! This one was six pounds four ounces - about 2.85 kilos:

Collingham by any chance? Got to love those trent barbel and carp!
All i do is work and fish and im loving this thread!

C

cellardweller

nice 'eye!
damned if that doesn't look like something took a bite outta him too..

ever try using a cheater hook? just a small hook tied a little past the main body into the tail for short strikers..I use it on bluefish with great results..

2ezy

Awesome Thread!

Can't think of anything more satisfying than having a fishing Rod in one hand a vape ballon in the other, while getting a blow job..HEHE

Nice Super, I went out tonight also, nothing great tonight, a few small bass and some nice bluegills, no cats, no walleye! Just one of those nights. Always better than being skunked though.

C

cellardweller

yeah I went out today to, being drizzly and rainy..
skunked again..:badday:
saw an eagle cruisin low over the water and got a pic or two..I'll upload em tomorrow..
:joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
had alot of browns shirt strike today, water was super clear. did get to see a fat mink creeping along the opposite shore though. I gave out a whistle and the little fucker stopped, checked me out for a minute, then went bout his business. looked just like a ferret but bigger and chocolate brown.

C

cellardweller

some from yesterday..

chillin..
picture.php

picture.php

heres a Baldy fishin with me

picture.php

lil bastard kept takin my bait

picture.php

one from last summer..over 8 lbs..
thats a liter bottle btw..

picture.php

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Cellar that is a nice largemouth bass.

I haven't been out bass fishing in a while, only because I have an Ultra Light pole at the moment, been stream fishing... catching some nice types of trout!

C

cellardweller

Herb, that was caught on a St.Croix 5' ultralight with 6 pound test..
thats it in the picture with the pickerel..
Thanks!

BRNEYDBVR

Damn....Those walleye sure are pretty fish. Never caught one, heard that they are excellent table fare.
I'm to far south for them or smallmouth. But we do share a few species.....Crappie, although we call em Sac-a-lait......as well as Largemouths and a few different catfish.

I've always wanted to tangle with a huge musky though.....that looks to be a kick in the ass. Gotta be one of the baddest fish in fresh water.

Latest posts

Latest posts