What's new

germing seeds....

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran

ok so here is the next round of girls i took a little more then i needed juat in case they dont all make it. they all seem to be doing good. nothing looks like it is dieing. everything is still green and i think if i am not mistaken they are on day 3 now

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran

ok so i went ahead and took a couple of photos so you can see what is going on. they are starting to get bigger by the day. i had to add water and mix with nutes. No roots on the clones yet. but i am sure that it is way to early for that. but on the other hand my blueberry is finally back on track and growing like it should. I am not sure how long it usually takes for clones to root in a humid dome.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
ok so i went in today and to my suprise there are pollin sacks all over the place. now i know that means they are hermies. now is there something i can do to reverse this or am i just screwed. I am already like 20 something days into flower and i just noticed this today. so this seemed to happen over night. Now i have heard of some stuff called reverse but i dont know how you would use it when you are already into flower. it says you are suppose to spray on the leaves. but being into flower that long can i just add to my hydro and go from there.
I am sure this is going to effect my yield as well. I hate to keep them if it is going to affect my yield drastically. But if i can keep a decent amount i will keep them.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran

so here is an update i took this photo this morning before the lights went out. i am around 30 days into flower now. All my clones are rooted but i am wondering all my plants ended up with pollen sacks on them. is this due to high humidity for a couple of days. or is that going to be genetics. I had humidity at 70 for a couple of days but i got that handled but i am thinking that is what made them pop pollen sacks. now is there something that i can buy and put in the reverse what is going on. or do i just suck it up and deal with it. but if it is genetics then all the clones that i have i am going to have to scrap as well.

B

beatster

sup gg these pollen sacks look like bananas or Little lobster claws? high humidity is not a likely reason for your plants to herm light leaks real high heat stress light cycles not consistent are..
if you have none of this going on i would proceed with what you have as you are half way there but would not run that strain again

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
yeah i thing it might be high heat to close to the plants. other then that i have the room temps at around 65 to 70. but for some reason i had a little stretch as you can see and those tops are about 8 inches from the light. so i have a little light bleaching going on. I dont think i have any light leaks but i never checked. i dont usually go where my plants are until the light comes on so there is no chance of light leaking. i dont have any lights on where i am growing. so the only thing i can think of is high heat close to the plants.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
thats what i was thinking myself. i did the clones for the first time and i had 100 percent success with them so at least i got that down. a buddy of mine tried the humid dome and he could not get the clones to root for the life of him. so he resorted to hanging the clones just above the water and let the bubbles in the water do the rest. but then you have a clone with no rapid rooter or rockwool or anything of that nature. so i would rather get them going in a rapid rooter they work much better for me.

Beatster....I am going to use the blueberry i have for a mother and pull clones off of her when i get close to harvest that way i will be ready. I think i am going to scrap these clones and start with something fresh.

hookahma

thats what i was thinking myself. i did the clones for the first time and i had 100 percent success with them so at least i got that down. a buddy of mine tried the humid dome and he could not get the clones to root for the life of him. so he resorted to hanging the clones just above the water and let the bubbles in the water do the rest. but then you have a clone with no rapid rooter or rockwool or anything of that nature. so i would rather get them going in a rapid rooter they work much better for me.

Beatster....I am going to use the blueberry i have for a mother and pull clones off of her when i get close to harvest that way i will be ready. I think i am going to scrap these clones and start with something fresh.

sounds like a good plan - those genetics need to be replaced...

:biggrin:

B

beatster

cool man im bout to chop down some blues in a couple weeks
i prefer to root cuts in water small net pots and hydroton inside a nursey tray with water and bubbles
rr are a extra expense

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
beatster i am not using any air bubbles in the nursery tray. those are just in a humid dome. and i am glad that i figured out how to clone. you could say that this is a trial run so i knew if i was doing it right. and i seem to have a good success rate so i am not worried about anything. just that i am not wanting all the bananas all over the place. and i especially dont want seeds. but that is a given.

Now i have never grown outside so i have some questions about it. now in order to do anything outdoors it has to be the right time of the year. now if i start with clones that are already going when is a good time to go outside. I was thinking about going to dirt but i dont know anything about dirt. It is a different ball game.

B

beatster

outdoors depend on where you live at people in the jungle grow year round
soil is pretty easy outside its indoors i have problems with it

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
ok so i am in cali. and i want to know if i can put anything outside in the next couple of weeks and it will be ok. But there is one thing i have never grown in dirt. i know this is a hydro thread but i would like to jump in with both feet and get some hugh nugs outdoors.

B

beatster

dont know bout the oudoor q i live in co so our season is super short id ask around sure plenty of cali people can help
that bud shot do look pollinated to me cause all them browning hairs

opt1c

Veteran
u can throw something outside but it'll probably do better inside until the temps warm up a bit more; depends where u are but the plants really won't grow much in the low-mid 60s; once it gets to the 70s you can pull a crop before the days get too long; nugs r never as dense or developed as summer outdoor though; nice practice though if your climate allows it

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
i am just going to let these ride out the finish i now they are fucked. but what am i going to do. at least i have my fem blueberry that i am not going to have to worry about. so as soon as i can pull clones off of her i am going to do that so i can grow some blueberry. I am going to have to get my temps up a little and keep the humiditiy down. The only shity part about that is when i turn my ac unit down temp goes up and so does the humidity. the only way i can have this work for me is i have to buy a dehumidifier. I was hoping not to have to spend any more money right now.

So i was thinking of doing dirt indoors and see how i could do at that. then i wouldnt have the issue with all the humidity. what do you guys think about that theory. will i have less humidity with dirt. i would think so not all that water sitting in there to make up all that humidity.

B

beatster

soil grows get humid also especially after waterings all that wet soil exposed to air. my humidity is too low cause i have to run my intake/exhaust all the time step up the air movement to bring down Rh

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I am sure that there is some humidity. but you have to think of all that water sitting there in the buckets has a lot to do with all that. I think i can get the humidity down better with dirt but who knows. i have never done dirt so i dont know. I think i am going to give it a shot because i want to be ready for the summer. I dont know i might even be able to do it outdoors now it is in the mid 70's and it is even getting to 80 this week. so i dont see to much more of this winter weather. but i just dont know about the length of the days. I have a lot more to learn and i am reading everyday to learn the stuff i need to know. and i really on the help of the icmaggers. So thanks to all the input that everyone has.

B

Bazarocka

i have them in a cold dark place and they seem to be doing fine. lol.....

UUuummm dunno what to say mate???

I would not want my seedlings in a cold dark place. "My seedlings would be in a warm (75-80f) with a low wattage floro to get them ready to do what they'll do best"

But Im a rambling ole man and that's my opnion of course.:smokey:

Latest posts

Latest posts