What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germany to legalize cannabis

Asentrouw

you will never get everything you want all at once. you just won't...sorry. life is a process...

Its just the outcome of that process I'm weary off. The State doesn't give a fuck about medicinal properties, they just want control. Big bussiness neither, they just want money.

There is quite some distance between the good old local farmers market and that of Monsanto and the likes.

If the latter is the outcome of this process, we might be better off with a illegal black market.

But again: this is just my personal opinion, I don't want to spoil the fun. 🤣

romanoweed

I think the future cannabis monopolies are perfectly able to regulate the global marketprices, as with any other industry today.
foodinsustry as comparison shows that they produce relatively cheap knockoff product(compared to high class sustainamble bio farming ).
So, its questionable if companys in generall will provide good quality..
In US good quality doesent happen because bureaucray is to high for small Campanys with much passion and often few money.

Im on the other hand open to specualte whether good quality would happen without overregulations ! (smaller companys present)
And im totally onboard with @armedoldhippy some regulations is also fine with me.
But in Germany they have now a 180 Site long draft paper we have, its really very many rules.. so far so good i would say, but thats just for CLUBS, only clubs are allowed..
What im wondering is how many Clubs will not come into existence if the Guidlines are to high..
Each club must test for : Pesticides, fertilizer, Mold and so forth Limits..
Each club must document every single Plant.. All the time i think.. And each year must provide listings to the people who make unnanounced Checks at the Club.
Each member of Club must substentially be involved in growing Weed, only small Allrounder-job-employees are allowed.
Each club must be save against Theft.
Each Strain must have a measurement of THC/CBD averages to be shared in the Club.
Its hard for me to say how strong the Mold/fertilizer/pesticides-Limits are , so its principially hard to say if the clubs will rock -

So, i a am with you, regulations ok, but right now its pretty crazy sounding.. i wished they would erase the Mold/fertilizer/THC/CBD regulations.

romanoweed

but i say this, whatever the reglations are, if i am somehow able to preserve/grow some real highclass weed i n the clubs, then atleast the ultreaconaiseurs will make use of it, for shure. i just wished that these conaisseurs could spread a bit further and more easily share their weed (wich is also forbidden in the Draft ). So that most Folks (people with no extensive time/money) can smoke good weed , instead the old Blackmarket garbage we have here..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Its just the outcome of that process I'm weary off.
one step forward, two steps back. we are in agreement on this. it will take more time (and education for govt and medical personnel) to get to where we should be. once those folks "get it" then the hard-core "just say no!" types will fade away. those who are financially invested in drug testing corporations and own stock in private prisons (looking at YOU, Kevin Sabet! :pointlaug🖕) will NEVER come around, as their financial Golden Goose is being throttled...and the sooner, the better! "DIE, motherfucker, DIE!"

Cuddles

foodinsustry as comparison shows that they produce relatively cheap knockoff product(compared to high class sustainamble bio farming ).
So, its questionable if companys in generall will provide good quality..
In US good quality doesent happen because bureaucray is to high for small Campanys with much passion and often few money.

Im on the other hand open to specualte whether good quality would happen without overregulations ! (smaller companys present)
And im totally onboard with @armedoldhippy some regulations is also fine with me.
But in Germany they have now a 180 Site long draft paper we have, its really very many rules.. so far so good i would say, but thats just for CLUBS, only clubs are allowed..
What im wondering is how many Clubs will not come into existence if the Guidlines are to high..
Each club must test for : Pesticides, fertilizer, Mold and so forth Limits..
Each club must document every single Plant.. All the time i think.. And each year must provide listings to the people who make unnanounced Checks at the Club.
Each member of Club must substentially be involved in growing Weed, only small Allrounder-job-employees are allowed.
Each club must be save against Theft.
Each Strain must have a measurement of THC/CBD averages to be shared in the Club.
Its hard for me to say how strong the Mold/fertilizer/pesticides-Limits are , so its principially hard to say if the clubs will rock -

So, i a am with you, regulations ok, but right now its pretty crazy sounding.. i wished they would erase the Mold/fertilizer/THC/CBD regulations.
I also read that each club is meant to be limited to a certain number of members... and that those which already exist now are said to be full up....

romanoweed

yes, and i think we get prison sentence for gifting weed to others! thats the minimum punishment. lol unbelievable (or was it posessing more than 25 gramm)
For homegrowing you are allowed 3 plants , BUT only 25 gramm cannabis maximum are allowed to be harvested.
so that makes homegrowing pretty useless for most (not me ).

romanoweed

this prisonsentence combined with permitting to grow untested Strains could mean that its not exactly chilled for me to grow my old Thaistick of choice .. eventually.

Asentrouw

yes, and i think we get prison sentence for gifting weed to others! thats the minimum punishment. lol unbelievable (or was it posessing more than 25 gramm)
For homegrowing you are allowed 3 plants , BUT only 25 gramm cannabis maximum are allowed to be harvested.

So that's about three lowryder autoflowers then. 🤣

Cuddles

Just fly under the radar like always, don't alarm the fire department or sell weed... so i think nobody will come knocking asking if you got more than 25g at home. ^^
I guess, but the guy who´s currently in charge of the german police force is a right w*nker - or so he comes across because he´s said to be really lobbying against cannabis. Another ignorant person who is unwilling to educate himself :(
However, if the the `legalization´ or at least decriminalzation really happens, the police may have less reason to raid peoples homes.... Let´s hope so anyway because the rest of the world is keeping an eye on what is going on in germany ;)

Asentrouw

The problem is these laws are endless open for interpretation. In Holland we have this BS for decades now.

The coffeeshop may sell it, but cannot buy it in from growers. They are not allowed to hold more then 500 grams anywhere at anytime.

Clones are illegal, but "souvenir" seeds are legal. How many you may legally pocess is completely arbitrary and dependend on individual judges.

They tolerate 5 plants, but no more then 5 grams posession. Over 30 grams and you are considered a drugdealer. If they raid you they probably weigh the whole plant wet and they can kick you out of your property.

You cannot cause nuisance for neighbors. But if you have a small lamp, an airscrubber or even a bottle of bloomfeed, you are considered a "proffesional" and equated with organized crime. Even if you only have one small plant!

They have to come up with something, while kicking out some stoners or elderly out of their house for some medicinal plants, while the mocro mafia with impunity hauls in thousands of kg's of cocaine through the port of Rotterdam.

So no, I doubt this "legalisation" will bring some ease of mind to the small time hobby growers. It will only complicate things further and in the end the anti-cannabis lobby will always find ways to bully stoners and growers.

Cuddles

The problem is these laws are endless open for interpretation. In Holland we have this BS for decades now.

The coffeeshop may sell it, but cannot buy it in from growers. They are not allowed to hold more then 500 grams anywhere at anytime.

Clones are illegal, but "souvenir" seeds are legal. How many you may legally pocess is completely arbitrary and dependend on individual judges.

They tolerate 5 plants, but no more then 5 grams posession. Over 30 grams and you are considered a drugdealer. If they raid you they probably weigh the whole plant wet and they can kick you out of your property.

You cannot cause nuisance for neighbors. But if you have a small lamp, an airscrubber or even a bottle of bloomfeed, you are considered a "proffesional" and equated with organized crime. Even if you only have one small plant!

They have to come up with something, while kicking out some stoners or elderly out of their house for some medicinal plants, while the mocro mafia with impunity hauls in thousands of kg's of cocaine through the port of Rotterdam.

So no, I doubt this "legalisation" will bring some ease of mind to the small time hobby growers. It will only complicate things further and in the end the anti-cannabis lobby will always find ways to bully stoners and growers.
how can police kick people out of their own house? Even if you own the house? Or if your landlord is okay with you growing?
Weren´t things much more relaxed at some point?
We hear about the dutch authorities becoming more and more negative against weed and growers but still...

Asentrouw

how can police kick people out of their own house? Even if you own the house? Or if your landlord is okay with you growing?
Weren´t things much more relaxed at some point?
We hear about the dutch authorities becoming more and more negative against weed and growers but still...

They started a covenant between police, majors, social organizations and tax agencies to combat "organized crime". This is called the Law (Sword) of Damocles. This gives a lot of extra powers to law enforcement agencies and majors in the fight against organized crime.

This for instance means so-called "drughouses" can be closed by the major or housing corporations can kick out and blacklist tenants.

Ofcourse on paper this is against organized crime. In reality this also hits a lot of non-criminals who use it for medical reasons and so on. That leads to harrowing situations for those involved with far fetching consequences.

This because the law is not used as it was originally supposed to, mostly because of certain political views on cannabis by majors and law enforcement.

It lead among others to the disappearence of the smaller scale idealist growers who supplied the shops in the past, because they don't want to take the risk anymore.

Instead growing ops are now run by organized crime and hardened criminals, who don't care about quality and just operate large scale to produce max profits, with all dangers associated.

In that sense this policy totally backfired. I would say it pushed the production of softdrugs even more into organized crime then it already was. But that's basically always the result of this war on drugs nonsense.

Lebanizer

Yeah I heard that too on TV. This one is totally fucked up ! Although you could still turn it to hash or some kind of oil. Image a 25g hash lump of OTH or Malawi Gold :ROFLMAO: .

Cuddles

Yeah I heard that too on TV. This one is totally fucked up ! Although you could still turn it to hash or some kind of oil. Image a 25g hash lump of OTH or Malawi Gold :ROFLMAO: .
yeah. And speaking of small autos -i had originally planned to make oil from the one lowryder I had once - little did I know when I planted it lol. I knew it would be a small harvest but..... :biggrin: