What's new

Genius Phenotype Characteristics

W

Weedman Herb

Are you guessing or do you know something?

Are you guessing or do you know something?

DonChron said:
sounds great raygun,,incredible infact ...rick I was diasagree because the term Genius developed after A11 was bred,, to describe that particular pheno. 60 degree stems plus,bushy indi stature while still maintaining those cindy 99 leaf and bud structure characteristics..So c99 might display some of these traits ,there is no genius c99 pheno....right ?
Genius is the name of the keeper sister of Princess from seeds the Bros G found in the bag of Jack Herer. If A11 is Genius X C99 how do you figure Genius was named After Apollo 11 was bred? I can grasp the concept that Genius wasn't named yet when Mr Soul hit the G with some C99 to make the A11 but I can't find anything to support it.

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

I love my Joey weed A11, theyre grimm f2s cheap too. I got one pheno when dried and cured smells just like dog shit, potent stuff.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they were red hot despite the $150 price tag for a pack of seeds.
Wow, I didn't know their seeds cost that much for a pack

THE very reason I made f2's! :biglaugh: That was alot for me to be spending back then, and I was damn sure I'd be able to perpetuate the strain.
In retrospect, it was well worth it. :D

Iron_Lion, THAT"S what I'm talking about. Tie 'em up! :yes:

Last edited:

IntotheGreen

Joey Weed's description of his most desirable Apollo 11 phenotype:

Apollo 11 F2

Indoor / Outdoor
These are F2 seeds made from the best females and males of Apollo 11. The Brothers Grimm are the originators of this strain and it has gotten a lot of good reviews over the years. It has a better yield than C99 with a more mellow giggly type of high. Here is what is said about Apollo 11. This indoor hybrid has a high calyx/leaf ratio & finishes flowering in 7 weeks or less. Our big-yielding, lemon-scented female clone named "Genius" because of her CLEAR, energetic, thought-provoking high was crossed with a robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven. Expect some variation among individuals. The best females are short, heavily branched plants with multitudes of dense, resinous bud sites - perfect for SCROG. The smoke has a sweet citrus flavour. The high is UP & HAPPY. The picture up top is a few buds on one of the females. It does have a very mild tropical fruit smell. It smokes smooth and has a great high. I think you will be very happy with this one.

Indoor flowering: 7weeks.

Here you can see how she is perfect for SCROG - this plant is really fun to grow:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, IntotheGreen, I'm lovin' it! :D Is that metal screen like a grill?
When was it put into place, like 2-3 wks before flowering?
I've never SGROGed before, just LST'ing. I like being able to pull all my plants to check on 'em. I'm in a tent, w/ only one side to access.
Seeing results like yours makes me wanna go for it, tho! :muahaha:

IntotheGreen

what's up highlighter? i can't remember exactly when i put the screen on but i think it was around 3 weeks before flowering, maybe more. I put it on when i switched them to 5 gallon pots. these girls vegged for a long-ass time (but i was sort of neglecting them for a while before i transplanted them because of my new job and other shit, so they were rootbound and not really getting any bigger for a good 2-3 weeks at least). last time i didn't let them fill enough of the screen before i flipped them; this time i let it go til the screen was just about completely full.
i think this is about when i switched to 12/12:

and oh yeah, the screen is kind of like a grill - it was some sort of cheap portable metal storage shelf i found in the store. i tied the two shelfs together for a makeshift screen. it has worked pretty well so far.

raygun

jaysmash said:
what u mofos think about finding a genius pheno in cannacopias Genius X Deep Chunk?

Jay take a look at Sleepy's thread on it in his signature a few posts up. He has done a magnificent job with that exact cross in his grow show.

Overmind- The best pheno is the one that you like the best. I'm sure that there are no bad phenos out of the A-11. I have yet to hear anyone say they had a shitty one.

DonChron

intothegreen I guess its not just a clever username :muahaha: nice scrog there

quality info and herbs everybody !! stay up! :rasta:

Sleepy

Veteran
hello...hehehe

hello...hehehe

these are growing as we speak...i was lucky enough to be selected as a tester...

they are about week six in these photos...i got 6 females out of eleven seeds...

peace...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha!! Holy shit! That GxDC looks EXACTLY like it should! hahaha I laughed when I read what it was and looked at it again. It's amazing how these plants combine so predictably sometimes.

As for Genus phenotypes... Genius is a bushy plant, with stems that zig-zag like lightning bolts. The stems are weak, the smell is tropical candy, without hardly a hint of the average skunky, kushy pot smells. The flesh of the flowers is extremely dainty, like it can be squished between the fingers easier than most buds.

The number one way to identify the Genius pheno is the zig-zaging stems. :) The smell is a dead giveaway, too.

F

Faketillumake

I thought all plants had zig zagging stems once they reached maturity?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might want to ask yourself... Why would CC say Zig Zaging stems if they all zig zag? Answer... Genius zig zags much more than usual. I leave some things to the mental prowess of readers.

If you saw what CC was talking about, you would understand how badly this A11 zig zags, its like harry potter scar shaped stems

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well then, you've probably got a strong Genius phenotype there. :) I know what you mean with the Harry Potter scar! hehehe Lighting bolt! Bam!

F

Faketillumake

Ahh.. I haven't dealt with Genius or any of its cousins. Thanks for clearing that up though. Cannabis sure has some weird traits...

Latest posts

Latest posts