What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetically modified cannabis:(

stickshift

Yeah,it is already dirty,why we must keep it clean now,it is too late so lets make it worst:)

There's about 1 billion people starving right now, that's going to get worse in years to come.. GM can help..

How many die from malaria, that can be wiped out with GM...

30% of argriculture is lost each year to pests.. with GM no more..

People are always the prob never the tech.

dddaver

Veteran
You can use quotation marks and call things you don't understand doublespeak and buzzwords, but it doesn't make them so, it just shows your ignorance to basic thought. Here - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies. It is a literal fallacy that argue that if some gmos have been deemed to cause cancer on rats, they must all be dangerous and have cause cancer. If one type of car has a higher rate of mortality do you blame the type of car or blame ALL cars?

Your post was rambling and empassioned but you really said absolutely nothing. You might as well be an ancient prophet warning about God's punishment amd fearmongering. What does NYC's hurricane season have to do with the actual science of GMOs other than to tie into a ridiculous argument about messing with God's design.

And you can say shit and personally attack me all you want, that just proves your full of shit. Doing that just indicates your lack of a strong position and a weak mind. Instead of arguing your point you personally attack. I have absolutely no desire to ever argue with anyone over a stupid computer on the internet especially those who think they have superior intellect yet hide behind inflammatory speech. I suggest you pull your head out of you ass and look around.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Glad I have my stock pile of beans from the old days...just gotta keep making new ones, every once in a while...

_Ina_

Veteran
I'm making some seeds to but i started to grow about 5,6 years ago so now i'm not sure i dont have GM in mine:)I'm making some kind of tincture with rakia(strong Bulgarian alcoholic drink made from grape),sometimes cooking with it,i just want the stuff to be bio in any way!
stickshift:hahaha,yeah,right,i know i cant live without GMO but i'm doing it:)We are the poorest country in EU and guess what-we dont need any kind of GMO,we have really good land with fantastic soil here. GM is gonna ruin that,not improve it That's why we have BAN on that kind of seeds(we suppose to have it)You gonna ask:"OK, than why you are the poorest country?":)it is not because we need GMO to feed us.it is because someone wants to steal our natural resources(we have lots of them)and give us....GM cultures to feed us haha Well,thanks but no thanks:)

Last edited:

danut

Gene splicing is NOT the same, in ANY way, to a breading program.

A gene that was spliced into corn, causes the corn to produce insecticide.

Another gene that gets spliced into GMO foods is the "terminal" gene. That makes the plant sterile. That kinda slows down the idea of a breading program to produce the modification.

Strains of industrial hemp already have been produced as GMOs. I believe those strains are sterile, by genetic design. The technology to produce hemp with this modification already exists and is in common use today. For this to be in our cannabis would require help from people already doing the work.

How hard would it be to find one person working in the building that is a stoner?

danut

Now the terminal gene thing is very interesting. You have a mother plant that produces seeds. Nearly every one of the child seeds germinate.

Of the seeds that the children produce, nearly every one fails to germinate.

So it skips a generation.

danut

To do the gene splicing, they take something like a shotgun and blast material into a small part of leaf material.

They PHYSICALLY slam into the gene to modify it.

Then clone the result. Test it to see if it acquired what they wanted and then clone the shit out of it.

_Ina_

Veteran
They should do this in proper places,labs and green houses,not planting things like that everywhere in nature. however i'm not sure about the medical value of something made by this technology.And see this material about how everything in nature is connected-super worms made from Monsanto's shit corn. ofcourse they eat normal plants to:)And they are pest resistant!:)
http://thinkprogress.org/health/201...iness-lobbies-against-gmo-labeling/?mobile=nc

_Ina_

Veteran
Yes i know it is not funny when you think deeply:(If you know and decide to take the risk-ok,but using it without being notified that it contains GMO...I see this is what they doing with foods and i dont expect someone(the same people) to control dangerous experiments and take care for our health.
This is the rakia with hemp i'm making. 50 grams and you will be cured for ever haha But i really dont drink that,just putting it on the back of my kid when she had pnevmonia once. by the way i cure this without any kind of antibiotics. it was something like miracle. ofcourse i didn't use only that green rakia to cure her:)

Attachments

• IMG_6766.jpg
    IMG_6766.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 16

medmanbrand

i think you may be okay smoking the bud and extracts. i would get concerned about eating it though. gmos are all bad anyway. support a non gmo company, mm

_Ina_

Veteran
yes,i was thinking the same-if you smoke GMO it just burns,ok may be it is not so dangerous(really?!) But when you make tinctures and put it on the skin it goes thru the skin right in your blood and organs,right?if you make Rick Simpson's oil or eating it-same situation.the guys from DP told me GM cannabis is not made by now,but i'm not so sure:(

yerboyblue

I would think the biggest, scariest part of GMO crops is the cross-pollination of other non-GMO crops, thus getting the GMO DNA into pure crops and corrupting the seedstock (well, and that most current GMO crops basically make it so the plants don't die from being sprayed with massive amounts of chems). If GMO cannabis could be used solely as production and not breeding, it would be cool (only in the hands of smaller grows, not some huge corporate mono crop that would kill the industry). Luckily cannabis is one of those plants that we make sure to NOT pollinate for best results. Personally, I would like to grow outside in the winter, in the NW.

_Ina_

Veteran
Brrrr,i dont want to think about cross pollination part of this:)i allways throw away all the seeds found in my outdoor anyway but it sounds scary!Once planted by pollination it really can corrupt non GM crops. we have many wild plants around here,that why i throw outdoor seeds. Because our wild hemp really sucks(i mean in THC):)O,wait,i was trying to make bread with canna seeds a.k.a you can eat them to and if they are from GM crops....It is just impossible to control GM,it must be strictly situated in closed places without chances to spread around:(And even then it will some how.

yerboyblue

Brrrr,i dont want to think about cross pollination part of this:)i allways throw away all the seeds found in my outdoor anyway but it sounds scary!Once planted by pollination it really can corrupt non GM crops. we have many wild plants around here,that why i throw outdoor seeds. Because our wild hemp really sucks(i mean in THC):)

Ya, cross pollination is the elephant in the room with GMO's. Especially when you start talking about adding terminator genes to seeds you sell to 3rd world farmers, so they can't replant the seeds and have to buy more. Or farmers being sued by multinational corporations for replanting non-GMO seeds that were cross-pollinated from their neighbors' crops because they now contain a patented gene.

Funny (not literally funny, I know some people will go off on me if I don't say this) how already mega-wealthy companies can turn a technology that could end world hunger into something that will just create more poverty.

_Ina_

Veteran
О"patented gene"! Interesting how nasty they are:)I dont want my body to content their patented gene,thanks a lot!:)Way better-use my grandma corn,veggies and other seeds. If you see my grandma tomatoes you will think that they are GM,so big they are:)We call them "Bull heart",may be you know that tomato strain.She is using only bio fertilizers in her garden,only her own seeds and the result is great. I dont know about GM crops but she can feed us perfect;)

Last edited:

stickshift

Hi! The idea of Franken cannabis is just frightening me:)There was research made in France with rats feed with GM foods. The results are brain tumors with huge size.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s--cause-organ-damage-early-death-humans.html
Well imagine you make tincture with something like that or Rick Simpson's oil......

I hope you are aware that daily fail is not a sound source of info... most scientists actually condemned that study.

http://www.bestfoodfacts.org/food-for-thought/GM-Corn-Causes-Tumors-In-Rats

http://rt.com/news/seralini-corn-cancer-monsanto-study-987/

I am not a monsanto fan but can still have an open mind and not believe all I read, Séralini who did the tests is completely anti gmo.. maybe they wanted to find the tumors..

GMO's can do good, people can and will exploit them as with all things in life.. just like governments that have a surplus of crops and would sooner burn them or let them rot to keep prices high..

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So how do we know if we the public are buying our flowers and concentrates and extracts from plants NOT GMO?

Here's one place that at least plainly states what they are selling. I thank fellow icag formian Ina for the info that led me to search for the link:

World of Seeds
Marijuana Seeds Information

World of Seeds Feminised Legend Collection Afghan Kush Special
Bank: World of Seeds Bank
Sex: Female: Pure Afghan Kush
Stabilised male hybrid: POLLEN OBTAINED FROM GENETICALLY MODIFIED PLANTS. Male is obtained from a determined quantity of plants growth with a mitotic inhibitor that gives us polysomic plants. This mutant hybrids has been selected and classified with the best properties in order to obtain a new potential genetic in a new cross
Way of cropping: Outdoor/indoor
Genotype: 100% Indica
Harvest time: 8 weeks indoor/ middle of October outdoor
Yield: 400-450 gr/m2 indoor/ 400-550 per plant outdoor
Medicinal value: High.
THC Level: >20%

So, another Gift from G-d is being destroyed?

stickshift

So how do we know if we the public are buying our flowers and concentrates and extracts from plants NOT GMO?

Here's one place that at least plainly states what they are selling. I thank fellow icag formian Ina for the info that led me to search for the link:

World of Seeds
Marijuana Seeds Information

World of Seeds Feminised Legend Collection Afghan Kush Special
Bank: World of Seeds Bank
Sex: Female: Pure Afghan Kush
Stabilised male hybrid: POLLEN OBTAINED FROM GENETICALLY MODIFIED PLANTS. Male is obtained from a determined quantity of plants growth with a mitotic inhibitor that gives us polysomic plants. This mutant hybrids has been selected and classified with the best properties in order to obtain a new potential genetic in a new cross
Way of cropping: Outdoor/indoor
Genotype: 100% Indica
Harvest time: 8 weeks indoor/ middle of October outdoor
Yield: 400-450 gr/m2 indoor/ 400-550 per plant outdoor
Medicinal value: High.
THC Level: >20%

So, another Gift from G-d is being destroyed?

mitotic inhibitor is not gmo it is akin to using colchicine.. ie used to double chromosome hence they have called it polysomic...