What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Generic "LED T5" bar, 13w, FWIW

maraudeur

Tiny tim is sunbathing in the tent now, still milky heads and I see no amber today, so screw my senses.

Almost killed two clones but they "recovered", probably ruined all potential for those but the best one is looking healthy still. Dunno how it's supposed to yield anything but still :biggrin:

These shitty LED strips grow the best radishes though. At least I harvest something.

maraudeur

Bad news, need to save electricity, everything goes in the tent for a while. Piece of shit.

As we can see, yellowing at bottom right corner. So many leaves though, what's it going to do with all that nitrogen stored up, I can't tell..

Light defoliation on Big Mama, other than that it's just a jungle. Always something. :ying:

maraudeur

Issues:

Light burn, heat burn on big mama, very yellow new growth. Better with raised lights. Old problem, perhaps PH related but I think mostly heat and light combined with not enough nutes and co2 to support it (caution, noob theory)

PK Toxicity, both tiny tim and big mama. I know now that's enough PK now, and the plants will likely rectify this problem with just water.

Good news:

Top notch budding on big Mama. Hard to get pictures straight, but these are going to be thick with auxiliary buds shooting from underneath.

The strong clone is looking pretty good, it established itself in the smartpot, now sunbathing in the tent with the grown ups.

Yellowing on tiny tim with amazing contrast. Looks fantastic, definitely LED lights played its part here to make it visually appealing.

10 weeks of flowering. 9 if being conservative. 9-10 weeks FROM SEED THEY SAID.

The others are in 4-6 weeks of flowering

maraudeur

Wish the camera was a bit better, as you can see in the thread my old Note 1 took better pictures, almost one decade ago. :tiphat:

She's back under the LED again, I can't fit all this in the tent any way.

It seems to be slow with these LEDs (low intensity + autoflower problem??) but the build it achieves is excellent.

Tiny tim:

maraudeur

There is some serious donkey schlonging going on here, hard to see but there is auxiliary buds going from the bottom up, building just as fast as the tips. Maybe light burn was a lucky fail :)

maraudeur

She got dipped in water and let run off, don't want her to die or anything. I'll be surprised if she dies from some nutes with the size she has.. But I've killed innocent plants before.

The stem om this thing is crazy thick again, I know they grow fast but shit damn what autoflowers in smart pots can achieve.

Now, to show you what the build is actually like, took her out of the tent for once.

The clone is in an awful hurry to stretch now.

Yellowing Tiny Tim + clone

maraudeur

Big clone, these things really like them smart pots. It's crazy eager to stretch, incredible recovery. Let's hope the root system is healthy enough.

tiny clone being tiny. Third clone was too weak, threw it out.

maraudeur

At least Day 75 of flower and looks like a week to go, this is bullcrap

But I cut another stem for edibles, 19.3 grams fresh, ~4.2 dry

Last edited:

maraudeur

Picture didn't make it. 4 grams dry, Tiny Tim should reach the goal of 15 grams. 20? Not so sure at least with my cutting.

But already this 170 watt LED rig is clearly totally better than my old CFL rig. It may not hold a candle to the 250w hps, but the temps are too high already.

maraudeur

Harvested about half and made some butter. About 20 grams harvested so far, and 10 left. heck, if I had more patience I think she could even net 40 grams. I guess these were good seeds after all, and my estimate of 15, maybe 20 was pathetic :biggrin:

maraudeur

Smoke is smooth and slight floral taste.
Big mama has quite the burns but seems vital.. fox tailed a bit due to heat so raised light and turn off the supplemental LED's.

Did some backbuilding, hoping for the fox tails to thicken up now. She'll yield quite a bit if she doesn't die. Looks like a freak too with side buds all over.

maraudeur

Foxtailing?

I don't think it's a problem here, not like the poor girl in the tent.

Spotted amber in the loupe on lower buds, she'll be cut soon.

First plant yielded 20-30g. This one.. If it can't do 35, it must've been transplanted too late to help much

maraudeur

POOR TENT GIRL.
She alive but she stinks rotten pus ever since the day she drooped a bit from going dry. And fox tailing all over, but stopped finally. Hoping she has life enough to phatten the buds up, because this gurl is really packing some hammerheads, she supposed to be the LOW YIELDER. It mustn't be close to the same yield. That's a testament to my incompetence mor than old LED strips excellense, if the HPS is beat...

Again my grower friend praised the looks of the LED lady., but scuffed at my poor HPS subject. He did not expect anything from my strips at all but is now looking to replace his 400 watt furnace for some LEDs, the guy can't even grow in the summer with it.

Why I have of course made two more small batches of butter and still need to work on my process and potency.

The effect from all butter has been completely different from what I've had before, I think even excellent for whatever brain dabblage there happens to be. Relaxed/content and giggly, in waves, a bit trippy.

The larger clone had a suspected overfeeding issue from a single feeding.

Aggressive spots and necrosis on select leaves not like a usual slight overfert.

Turns out the roots grew through the smartpot and touched the bottom of the outer pot "reservoir" where probably nutes still were, she seems confused about it. Was definitely worth cloning.

This is perhaps too small to bother but I'm shocked how it could survive and go on.

maraudeur

Update: nothing has happened, they never finish. Big mama seems healthier now and prolly going to finish faster due to stress, but mrs. LED does nothing, even the yellowing slowed down so I dunno what it's trying to do now.

This is one very clear-headed sativa, that's for sure.

The one croc pot batch made from fresh greens felt like a mix of LSD and coffee, very nice. Just not potent enough, all batches I've made should've sent me to the moon many times over yet none did.

maraudeur

Little led plant harvested and drying
big mama first branch dried, airy as hell but it's ready for the jar/freezer within 12 hours.

I've encountered a peculiar way to quick drying (jar, oven, low temp) it involves jars and mildly warm oven. Warm air in a closed jar will quickly and evenly dry/hydrate the buds to the ambient RH.

This means I can dry the buds to slight crisp, they get soft again, I warm the jar up a few minutes, close the lid a few minutes, open it up to release steam. I then burp/ freeze cure.

The most volatile terpene evaporates around 80 AFAIK, I really don't think this curing damages the product much. Dispensaries cure the first 80% RH within a very short time and the rest goes in 48 hours an then they rehydrate their mega dry buds to ambient temp..

I don't have fancy equipment but I can borrow some from that technique.

The effect of these buds are less racey now, and very 'sobering'. Can't complain, it's really nice after smoking only couch lock hash or being disappointed in cerebral hash which just hasn't cut it for me.. especially not for 25 dollars a gram

My larfy foxtailed bud is turning out to be not that bad either, just ugly. Definitely picked up a strong floral taste, smells like an allergy but tastes nice already after 12 hour dry and a little jar/oven action..

question is, will I have to way another month to get some couch lock and will it be worth the electricity cost? :biggrin:

All my canna-oils got weird too, something is weird here. I can't overdose on them no matter what, barely any body high but still a trippy sensation? Tf is this?

maraudeur

Final notes, got 16 grams of nice tight nugs, supposedly cured, which brings a total of 60 grams with the underutilized wall of LED and no reflective walls. No doubt will I have to scrog that thing and see what happens.

Over to the fried HPS plant, harvested 45 grams of larfy bud. over 60% of the plant is still to be harvested, so it will be way over 50 grams for that one. Which a friend suspected could be the case. I'm going to end up 120-140 grams total or whatever, far over the goal., which makes this a success somehow.

Very dense nugs closer to the the weak LED, they were good up to 15-20cm depending on canopy.
The remaining big clone fills in better but it's built more traditionally, with lots of air.. It has root problems, but should end up a 10g extra

Dense nug barely trimmed

Last edited:

maraudeur

There was of course a lot more dense nugs before I made the oils and smoked it up =) Too bad these were last seeds of this strain on planet earth, and too bad I ended up with them :biggrin: