What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Generic "LED T5" bar, 13w, FWIW

maraudeur

So i don't have the biggest dick on this forum but this bitch be flowering like all hell.

Also I don't have nutrients and the pot is too small.

So it happens to be the perfect candidate to try my shitty led strips out after all...

Old pict

It touched the LEDs over the night so i guess it's a grown up now:

You can see my other pheno isn't even trying? Small tiny pistils are showing up now, but they are pathetic in comparison.

Speaking of pathetic flowers, this tortured poor thing is coming along and just showing some pistils. It's been replanted to acommodate my lack of nutrients. Still nothing like my 'Speedy Santa'

250w MH 12/12

Just look at the bud sites developing :O I'm still an amateur, but I know that is promising looks.

All three plants have been topped. One was an accident from bending the stem, and the others was before I realized these seem to be autoflowers.

maraudeur

Tucked leaf day today. i use the plastic metal strips that came with my lights power cord. Added value, why not, they're quite soft and will not piano wire the buds off.

Stretching has also commenced. Lowered the plant since yesterday, now she's in that LED strips face again. Time to see how close it needs to be before it burns, probably less than one millimeter

Also all my clones are further into flowering, than their mother plants. May god be with them

maraudeur

So my first grow looked like this

So my first grow looked like this

So may as well post pictures of my first grow. I think everything was wrong with it, but still churned out 55 grams with a lot of snatching at the end. That was 200w cfl.. and then added 250w.. plus a bunch of small cfls. Then summer got hot so no more.

And I started with 2x2ft.
seven plants.... one got.. uninstalled.

... seedling soil :D

Over fertilizing and heat stress all over the place. Test smoking a bunch of nugs, still got 55 grams dry.

That is over a thousand dollars worth at the consumer end here.

maraudeur

Jesus christ that post is a train wreck, guess my patience with how this forum works is just not enough.

Anyway here is the sixth picture I'd like to edit into my train wreck post:

That's a micro grow, never finished with it but.. things happen when I'm bored.

Anyway did you know that I got 55 grams on my first grow? Thought I should remind you a second time, must've been important when it's written two times in one post. :laughing: :biggrin:

maraudeur

Thick stems, dwarfy build, minimal pot and no nutes, weak leds, but is anything happening?

Top dressed the big one.

finally figured out how to post in a row, total genius.. :biggrin:

maraudeur

It seems as if the strips do a good job at making even looking colas so far, at least up to 1ft distance. More in a confined grow space, but how can the buds swell without nutes?? :D

I do not know when the buds are supposed to swell, don't know how much they can do it with what is essentially a handful of soil, and if the side light will give results at all with these limitations at all, but here goes a 72 watt (not 110) PLL for side lighting

That LED wall has to go in the tent soon to maximise yields :/

maraudeur

Entering week 7 of flower with the little one

Also, accidentally installed dat old 200w cfl

That has got to be enough light. Maybe install the 125w too? :biggrin:

maraudeur

Soon to be 7 weeks in flower for Tiny Tim here.

Would be overly excited if I got 20 grams off it, it's actually filling in with the tiny LEDs, two litres of soil and no nutes. + extra PLL and CFL help of course.

Look at these lower side branches, those are ghetto-LED induced bottom buds. I'm impressed, but I would understand if you are not.

maraudeur

confession, I burned some colas and leaves but whatever. Tiny tim is pretty much perfect though, really like the coloration and build, just wish it could veg longer. Big plant just thrives under MH. Want to use the HPS bulb but the metal base is cracked a bit :(

found a 12w 1200 lumen led strip of 2ft, which replace a setup of 53 watt screw in leds, now used for side lightning in the tent.

maraudeur

MKP incoming, how much concentrate to use if I have no other nutes, money nor ph strips?

0.5/gallon, good start? NPK Ratio 0-23-29.

Just need 10% boost in yields and not mess up ph or nute balance while at it.

The tent is starting to stink up the place with excellent.. Sweet Pine smell (exact name of strain), really nice aroma welcoming me today!

The smaller plants, one of which is in 8th week of flowering, smells of nothing, a bit of piss from closeup but that's all. No carbon filter needed so far, I'm quite flabbergasted

maraudeur

Tent: from MH to HPS. And the circle is complete, every form of artificial light has touched my ladies now :tiphat: Not that it matters with all the neglect going on here..

Tiny Tim starting to stink now but no problems yet.

Still annoyed over this temporary setup with lack of room and only cheap solutions. Example, I don't think electrical tape is optimal inside a flowering tent but, whatever for now..

You see I have a great plan for easily expanding on that bulb rig, no electrical tape no nothing, I'll show ya when the fiscal means of productivity are in place. most stuff I got are leftovers dug out of an old box.

Maybe now is the time to setup my IC Paypal account, where you could just fund my science as much as you want. Maybe I give free sample for every ten dollars? Just kidding tho, I wouldn't let Bill Gates sip a second-hand smoke from my own-grown stash.

Anyway, todays frisky scenes of plant-on-self action, not including medium plant, it's really ugly:

maraudeur

On to the next train wreck project I just can't say NO to:

The Great Auto Clone Wars of 2019

Soil: Too rich
Soil enhancer: Pine cone garbage... :biggrin:

Plant 1: Needlessly large air-pot
Plant 2: Small pot, bit of pine cone mulch
Plant 3: Small pot, much pine cone mulch

Taking all bets.

maraudeur

Very pretty (prior to bondage).

Fantastic aroma, tent is all citrus atm whilst Tiny Tim goes piney. Swelling and smelling now. Should really be harvesting by now though according to packaging, but HA HA HAA.

The entire thing is one bud site. *homer drool Don't even care about those ugly plants, they're nameless for a reason.

maraudeur

Hard to tell if it's a sativa pheno in the tent, the lights make such an impact. Tiny tim is clearly ruderalis :biggrin:. Color on PLL plant is darkened substantially after weeks of LED. Good to know.

Yellowing has begun for Tiny Tim. New pistol growth slowing down, it's starting to mature. 2 weeks?

It is seriously root bound, not surprisingly. I think no soil is left in there at all for this hungry feller. Will save all roots this time around for tea and hippie cream.

Look at the side branches, they aren't pathetic. I doubt the fluoros did much to achieve that. 200w probably just heat stressed the things.

Midsize is all stressed out and late for the party but seems to truck on now:

maraudeur

Offering to God

Offering to God

Trichomes: 90% milky and very few are turning amber.
Cut one cola to dry. Will cut this plant in stages and learn about this strain before the main harvest.

I'm growing medicinally and would rather sacrifice a few grams and potency for better main harvest. This small plant has limited potential anyway.

No pics unfortunately, cheap phone + bad motor function + macroscope = impossible combination.

Also, I will be freeze curing my stuff this time around.

maraudeur

The sample barely tasted of hay, smoked in pipe with trim, leaves are dark green but no harsh smoke at all. Being basically 99,9% water fed on a pinch of soil, perhaps not a surprise with it being mild smoke?

Next bud will be cut 3 days from now it seems I'm more like 70-90% milky.

Screw these degrading motor skills, aging can also go stuff itself. I'm getting a microscope :moon:

maraudeur

Tent adventure

Tent adventure

Tucked leaves, out of tucks -> light defo.

Roots will be made into voodo juice and/or salve, full fledged hippie here we go...

Buds stacking nicely, many bud sites and overall airy-ness, clearly there is a form of stretching still going on with deep red spectrum.

most here know all this, but this is the way I 'teach myself', or gain more profound understanding in the long run. Eventually, I'll be 80 and senile and still (only) know how to grow dope.

removed smiley for picture

Latest posts

Latest posts