What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Organics Hydro

Hi all,

This is a new thread from my new 4000 watt grow room. I am running the GO line of nutrients on my own schedule which will be posted as I revise and tinker. I am completing my second run on the GO, this time I am not using the Bio Marine as my old house stunk like squids and such. Also I am supplimenting with the subcultures until 3-4 weeks from harvest. In the future I plan on running a side by side with the additive floralicious to see if it is necessary on top of the GO vegan line.

Anyways, these shots are all of a batch of White Northern and Ninja Turtle x MK-Ultra-F1 #2 plants. They were vegged until about 18" which is problematic for the Ninja Turtles as they stretch like crazy. I had to pinch the tops 3 times in the first 10 days to keep them down. I had some nutrient issues with the Ninja's but they are really nice now. 4 have come out, but this is what was going on...

day 15
picture.php

day 22
picture.php

White Northern
picture.php

Ninja Turtle x MK-Ultra-F1 #2
picture.php

day 29
picture.php

White Northern
picture.php

picture.php

day 39
picture.php

White Northern
picture.php

day 45
picture.php

White Northern
picture.php

picture.php

This plant was harvested shortly after this, it is the UP-Purple strain, she is hermarphroditic and I do not care to grow it anymore.
picture.php

day 49
picture.php

picture.php

day 56
picture.php

White Northern
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace all.

Yah`mon

great looking stuff.

I am currently running the G.O line in soil. I'm wondering what type of nutrient issues you ran into.

I'm having a few myself, in particularly Mag and some minor cal.

Last plain watering I decided to add some more of their CaMg+ and they seem to have responded well. Also it's my first time running organics, so I think I have been feeding a little to lightly.

Any info on how much ya feed or other thoughts on the G.O line is much appreciated.

Yah`mon:tiphat:

Yah`mon, I like to see others especially in Michigan running the GO line. The grow shop I go to doesn't even carry it, I have to special order gallons...

I ran into the following problems, I have tried to organize them.

The packaging is labeled weird and it is confusing as to what is 100% strength. I have ran veg plants with 4tsp/gal of grow. You can also run the bloom up to 4tsp/gal if you have really large ladies, 5gal buckets or bigger, those type. It works fine at 2tsp/gal, but I just got really poor yield when I did that last time.

I don't use the ratios that they say to use either. I am not sure if a schedule is available, but switching from all grow to all bloom at the time of flowering is stupid. You will loose so many leaves and sacrifice harvest like crazy. I will post a grow schedule I have used on the plants above and the one I am using on my next batch of GO hydro plants currently, they are in week 5.

Finally, BioMarine is really stinky if you start using it on like a few 1000W gardens, it will stink up your home or workplace pretty quick. It doesn't say on the bottle, but on the sample box it says in small print, (Not for Indoor Use).

I hope that answers some questions. I would like to hear your comments on GO, I have only run 1 random plant in soil GO like 4 months ago. Feel free to post your grow schedule or some pics of the nutrient issues you are talking about.

greenmango, Ninja Turtle is an heirloom plant which was breed from sativa bagseeds from the 80's. It was grown outside for 30+ years and brought indoors only a bit ago when I was gifted some seeds. It is an almost pure sativa growing single cola structured plants with minimal branching. The color is generally lime green and the flavor ranges from sweet to spicy to lemon-lime. The harvest is >1.5lb/1000W and the flowering time is amazingly 7.5-8.5 weeks.

Yah`mon

Much appreciated.

Now I'm pretty certain my main problem is going to lightly with the nuts.

My current plants have been in flower since aug 5th, and so far I have given them the light str once, and water + camg+ once as well.

They are all in 10gallon containers. Today Is next feeding, I plan to go with the heavy feeding today.

I have used the biomarine, it does stink a bit, but usually goes away the next day.

I did switch to the bloom schedule, what do you recommend I keep in the mix?

So far I think the only problem I have had with the line is under feeding, which you pretty much confirmed.

Thanks fellow Michigan brother. :thank you:

This is something of my working schedule, I will tweak it as I mess around with the plants...

veg:
week -2 - light feeding grow(2tsp/gal) + veg additives
week -1 - medium feeding grow(3tsp/gal) + veg additives

flower:
week 1 - 1.5tsp/gal grow, 1.5tsp/gal bloom + flowering additives
week 2 - "
week 3 - 2tsp/gal grow, 2tsp/gal bloom + flowering additives
week 4 - "
week 5 - 1tsp/gal grow, 3tsp/gal bloom + flowering additives, no BioRoot
week 6 - "
week 7 - 4tsp/gal bloom + flowering additives, no BioRoot or SubCultures
week 8 - "
week 9 - "
last week - flush with just water

I am not certain on the last 2 mixes in this schedule. I sort of burned some sensitive plants with the 1grow 3bloom mix. The P was a little high I think and it burned a bit on that front. I usually don't care the last 2 weeks or so to burn which is why I go full strength on the bloom right at the end.

I cut out BioRoot as an additive about 3-4 weeks into veg as the plants are probably done building any root systems. I also cut out the subcultures M and B around 3 weeks before harvest as it seems like a waste to keep pouring in bacteria which will probably not inoculate in good time to help the plants.

Peace man, good luck on the soil.

Yah`mon

Here's a couple pics of the Mag def, I took these pics maybe 7 days ago. I'll get some more today at lights on.

I should also note, I found I had thrips about 3 days ago, sprayed them with Spinosad which is like magic in a bottle for killing thrips. I'm thinking some of my issues I thought were calcium may have actually been thrip damage.

It would help me a lot if you could list what products you use in flower, and when you change it or if you change it later in flower.

I'll double check, but I think I cut off the bio weed + grow, due to their feeding schedule. I wondered if it was cutting off to much N to early. Also been using the whole line up like the biomarine and black diamond
Much appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_5663.jpg
    100_5663.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_5665.jpg
    100_5665.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 18
  • outside 09
    outside 09
    73.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_5660.jpg
    100_5660.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_5662.jpg
    100_5662.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 14

Yah`mon

wow fast reply, lol. You answered my question before I even posted it.

Your a mind reader or something. :laughing:

Yah`mon

Hi, taking a break from the garden a bit, so I have some time to write.

I don't necessarily like the BioWeed product, it is only used in veg, really weird and thick, and it is used at such a little rate. I do use it as per the schedule. I don't use the DiamondBlack in hydro and I haven't messed with the GO with soil that much. When I did, I used it every other feeding as labeled.

The additives I use with the GO are as follows:

BioWeed, BioRoot, CaMg+, SubCulture M, SubCulture B in veg,

BioRoot, CaMg+, SubCulture M, SubCulture B, BioBud for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering,

CaMg+, SubCulture M, SubCulture B, BioBud for the next few weeks, and

CaMg+, BioBud for the last weeks of feeding.

The last two mixes depend on how long the strain flowers. With soil, I would flush for 2 weeks instead of 1 in hydro like I said above.

Peace.

Yah`mon

Plants looked great today, responded well to the extra camg+ on the last plain watering.

Fed today
BioRoot 5ml/Gallon
Bio Thrive Grow 10ml/Gallon
Bio Thrive bloom 10ml/Gallon
Bio Bud 2.5ml/Gallon
CaMg+ 5ml/Gallon
Diamond Black 15ml/Gallon

Yah`mon :tiphat:

Hey all,

I am thinking about modifying my schedule. I am not sure if the plants really like the 3:1 bloom to grow ratio, or the 4:0 for that matter in the last 4 weeks or so. The last plants got a little burned, but others were perfectly fine. In this case I am seeing the starts of some P burn on the 3:1 ratio. This is going right from 1:1, so I think I may have another intermediate stage in there, I am not sure yet.

I flipped 14 bushy blueberry s1 clones I have last night. I will take some pics tonight as this is picture day for me. I will be running my GO schedule on one half and the GO with floralicious plus on the other half. I am also planning a multi harvest on these from 8 to 10 weeks to determine the most blueberry flavor from my clone.

This will be the first time to run 1000 watts of Blueberry, I have only run 1 or 2 plants at a time before messing around with her. I am really excited. Also, I sort of know the harvest size from leaving her alone with respect to training, these bushes all have like 3 to 5 really healthy and equal height tops. I will be interested to see what kind of yeild I can crop with her.

Here is what I was doing yesterday... I don't know why my camera does a poor job when I am trimming lately, perhaps I have shaky hands when handling my ladies all chopped up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anyways, that is all until tonight or tomorrow morning.

Peace all

Hi all,

Things got a little behind schedule, but here are the last two White Northern plants which are still flowering by themselves. I chopped off the end of each rockwool slab and put them on saucers for soil plants. This way I could flip the BB plants in their place and still flower the last 2 northern until they are completely done.

The longest I have taken the cut was 9.5 weeks as that is when all the pistils turn reddish/brown. I plan on chopping these two at 10 and 10.5 weeks to see what happens to them. They are quickly dying between 9 and 9.5 weeks, so I am not sure if they will make it till Thursday or next Monday.

picture.php

picture.php

That is all for now. I may upload some info and pics on the BB plants tonight.

Peace all.

HouseOfPollen, that is a great handle!

I am known as "Seeds" around here to some people. I always have males around and I am always breeding with them. It seems there are always a few seeds around because of it, but I am getting better each time I flower a male clone.

Ninja Turtle is an heirloom plant from Michigan which I am lucky enough to have access to in pure form. It is a sativa plant which has mostly single and three bladed leaves. It flowers outdoors in our state as it was breed here forever. Indoors it can be taken from 7.5-8.5 weeks and produce really well. Not lately for me with the organic hydro here, but perhaps in soil in my other post!

I have distributed lots of seeds of the crosses and clones of the plants I hold around the state. I plan on making pure Ninja Turtle seeds very shortly here and getting those out to some serious breeders. I really think the Ninja Turtle plants are going to take off in a bit here.

Peace man

Yah`mon

Hey pez, I got your message on the PH issue.

My well water ph is 7.3-7.5

After adding the GO products, it brings it to an exact 6.5 not 6.51 or 6.49, 6.5!

I know they say no PHing needed, although I do it anyways. I'm wondering if its just a perfect fit for my well PH or if any PH it would bring it to the range of 6.5?

So far I haven't had any PH issues, although I'm still trying to figure out the proper schedule I want for 12 week plants and 8 week plants.

My plants are looking great though so far. Only problem was the cal/mag and when I upped the dosage it fixed it.

Yesterday was another feed.
I gave them 10ml grow / gallon - 10ml bloom /gallon - 7.5ml camg+ / gallon - 2.5ml bio bud / gallon and 2.5ml bio root per gallon.

If it weren't for the fish smell, would you be using the bio marine in flower? Right now I haven't because I'm about out of it.

I need to re-up and get 1 gallon jugs of each. I've been out of the black diamond for a few weeks. The low dose is 1tbs per gallon... so it eats that shit up.

I used the BioMarine on the first run and liked it. I have used 2 or 3 other fish emulsion products as well, they all stink a bit, but make for some nice flowers.

That is interesting that your pH is not fluctuating as much as mine seems to be. Are you using sub-culture or other beneficial bacteria products?

Yah`mon

No, I'm not. I read the product description on both of those, and believe I don't need them. My roots in smart pots are nothing but a huge mass of feeder roots.

whats your normal water ph? I'm not a hydro guy, so to be honest I have no clue when it comes to anything hydro. :laughing:

Yah`mon :tiphat:

I use a Stealth RO, the pH that comes out is 7.0 and the ppm is less than 50 when I check.

I have determined that using the Nectar of the Gods Hades Down is not that great with the GO. I have used like half a bottle in 1 week here dealing with the crazy high pH. It rises from 5.8 to 8.5 in like 2 days in a 10 gallon res.

I think the problem is in the Grow and Bloom fertlizers. I think it is made worse when one uses the SubCulture M and B products. I am starting to think my subculture is bad, cause this is really weird. The only thing I can think is to use the Earth Juice crystals as they are quite strong.

Peace

Last plants

Last plants

Hi all,

here are the last two White Northern plants. I decided to harvest them as a good friend who is particular about letting things go until they are prime came over. He said they were done, so I chopped them up yesterday.

I think the harvest from these two will be larger than the other 4, these two are at 68 days here.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The BB plants are suffering a bit sadly, I adjusted pH for the first time with GO and ran it, then waited to re-adjust today and ran again. I am hoping to see some positive results tomorrow, but I really don't want to adjust this stuff everyday. Perhaps I will re-think which beneficial bacteria to be using.

That is all for now,

Peace all.

Latest posts

Latest posts