What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Gardening

Ruosk

Uncola, lovely looking peppers.. reminds me that I have to plant some today when I get home from work. Where can you get Naga Jolokia seeds from?

kurlyq2g

Chianti Rose ~ Heirloom background. 1-2 Lb. tomatos

Chianti Rose ~ Heirloom background. 1-2 Lb. tomatos

12810april_1_2007_259.jpg

12810april_1_2007_260.jpg

12810april_1_2007_262.jpg

12810april_1_2007_264.jpg

12810april_1_2007_265.jpg

12810april_1_2007_266.jpg

12810april_1_2007_277.jpg

12810april_1_2007_278.jpg

We need a general gardening forum... :chin:

kurlyq2g

Arkansas Traveler ~ Pink Heirloom Tomato. Very very bushy.

Arkansas Traveler ~ Pink Heirloom Tomato. Very very bushy.

12810april_1_2007_292.jpg

12810april_1_2007_295.jpg

12810april_1_2007_296.jpg

kurlyq2g

Mini DIY $12 dollar green house

Mini DIY $12 dollar green house

This is my green house, the three tomato plants in the middle are unknown varieties. They can be and of one of these. http://horticulture.fullcoll.edu/2007_Tomato_List.txt

:yoinks: :pointlaug :yummy: :woohoo: :jawdrop:

12810april_1_2007_298.jpg

Unknown Hybrid looking plant (#1 from the left)
12810april_1_2007_299.jpg

Unknown Cherry looking plant (Middle plant) {{ :mad: :wallbash: :confused: i tried and tried for near half an hour to get this picture to load.... no dice. You can see it in my gallery.}}

Every time i try and load those two pictures, it automaitcally removes on critical backslash. Therefor the pictures wont post, but you can see em in the gallery.

12810april_1_2007_300.jpg

Unknown Cherry looking plant #2 (right plant)
12810april_1_2007_301.jpg

"Volunteer" From last years crop. A tomato got burried durring tilling, and a plant is now growing. Nature is a wonderful thing to behold. :woohoo:

12810april_1_2007_304.jpg

12810april_1_2007_305.jpg

Note the size, shape and overall qualtities of this plant for a later comparrison.

12810april_1_2007_308.jpg

Loquat tree that has been here for many many years.

12810april_1_2007_330.jpg

12810april_1_2007_333.jpg

Very popular with the bugs, bird, and humans alike. I dont mind, there is always enough to share. The bugs or birds never seem to eat too much of the crop. Loquat juice is an amazing elixer.

12810april_1_2007_334.jpg

Young jalapeno plant starting to flower.

12810april_1_2007_343.jpg

12810april_1_2007_344.jpg

{{ :mad: :wallbash: :confused: i tried and tried for near half an hour to get this picture to load.... no dice. You can see it in my gallery.}}
12810april_1_2007_345.jpg

What do you guys think? I would love to trade veggies with some people if i get the chance. You guys have some nice stuff. If you like my pics let me know. I enjoy the engouragement and really like seeing new Karma/Reputation points when I log on.

Keep posting pics everyone, they will keep this thread alive.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ruosk said:
Where can you get Naga Jolokia seeds from?

Hi all

The Dorset Naga is officially the hottest chili pepper in the world:

'In the summer of 2005, a sample of Dorset Naga was collected and subsequently tested for heat by two laboratories in the USA. The average of the two results, measured in Scoville Heat Units (SHU), was an astounding 923,000 SHU.'

http://www.dorsetnaga.com/

Online peppers:

http://www.peppersbypost.biz/

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/veg-peppers-index.htm
(the Seed-boutique of the pepper world... lol)

peace all
dLeaf :joint:

DocLeaf said:
Please remember that this is a cannabis forum. There are many str8-edge forums online that cover aspects of gardening and the cultivation of foodstuffs.

I've looked at several and they all sucked. Uncorrected misinformation, people thinking the only right way to grow is their way ...

I'd love an "other plants" category here.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
DocLeaf said:
Hi all

The Dorset Naga is officially the hottest chili pepper in the world:

'In the summer of 2005, a sample of Dorset Naga was collected and subsequently tested for heat by two laboratories in the USA. The average of the two results, measured in Scoville Heat Units (SHU), was an astounding 923,000 SHU.'

http://www.dorsetnaga.com/

Online peppers:

http://www.peppersbypost.biz/

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/veg-peppers-index.htm
(the Seed-boutique of the pepper world... lol)

peace all

.. I think that info's been updated..

.. In February 2007, Guinness World Records certified the Bhut Jolokia (Prof. Bosland's preferred name for the pepper) as the world's hottest chili pepper.[6][7] ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nikijad - Damsons

Verite - Chili-ists debate that the credibility on many of these tests isn't all that,,, some argue that the SHU is debatable between cultivar,,, with some plants or fruit taking the claim on the "hottest chili in the world".

All agree that a species of Naga is the hottest.

peace

H. Wurst

Erin Kerrik said:
I've looked at several and they all sucked. Uncorrected misinformation, people thinking the only right way to grow is their way ...

I'd love an "other plants" category here.

yeah, like you mention "hydro" and they start talking about putting branches in a cup of water or things like that.

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran

at least a companion grow section. maaaaan whats it gonna take? im growin this banana pepper plant in my mother/veg cab under 24hrs fluoros. hey dont laugh, how do i know when they are ready? :pointlaugh
got some tomatos goin too but it appears the 24hrs of fluoros aint enough for them so i will be takin them outside soon.

G

I have some mixed chilli's, some thai sun, birds eye, Red Sella and Golden Habanero's in seedling stage. I Have run out of last yrs unknowns and the hot dish's are seriously lacking cant wait till these are ready.

High Everybody,

I've got some beginner gardening questions for y'all if you don't mind. I have some ornamental flour beds that I'm prepping for the season. I just removed the ground cover and I'm curious about the different methods of weed control for flower beds. Is there any products that people use for this, or must this be done by hand thoughout the season?

Nikijad4210

Veteran
I dunno about you, Stoney, but in my opinion the best weed control isn't a chemical deal---I've always done it with my own 2 hands. No real surprise, considering my parents used to run an organic farm. It's kind of a learned habit now :biglaugh:

Anyway, it's easier by hand than you think, just check the bed & remove what weeds pop up once a week. Doesn't take too much time.

As soon as the seeds are sown & sprout, I'll post some pictures of my herbs---I decided to grow more than just 4 Lemon Basil plants. I've got seeds for Sweet Basil, Thyme & one just for my cats---Catnip.
Catnip's gonna be iffy, because I've grown it before & know it's a full sun plant. It did ok in indirect sunlight in the shade, but this time it's indoors on the window ledge. Maybe if I'm lucky, I won't have any problems.

Eventually, I hope to get some seeds for Oregano, Rosemary & Sage, too.

Right on Niki, thanks for the info.

I definitely prefer to avoid the chems. I was making sure there's not any tricks of the trade I'm missing. I'm thinking that being persistant at first with weed removal, will preempt the formation of seeds. Then, once the beds have filled in, I suspect the weeds to pop up much less frequently.

Peace

G

Stoney, maybe it would help to put a 3 inch layer of mulch on top of your beds. That way it blocks out light to develping seedlings. And when you do get a weed, it pulls out very easily. Its working for me.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I am starting a permaculture garden in my backyard, and when I have a minute, I will post all the groovy things I am putting in there.....from potatoes and herbs to mushrooms and corn. I have about 35 different things in all....

If you are interested in organic, low-labour gardening, look for books by Ruth Stout....that's the system I am using, and it rocks.

G

another month or so to go here for outdoor plants and can't wait to get em in da ground. should have about 200 annual and perennial clones from my diy aero-cloner(built from a tutorial thread here at ic) ready for planting. i'm gonna hafta do a midnite cutting run at my old house soon too, heheh. i got 15yr old gardens there and i think i deserve some of my effort back on those. lol
a general gardening forum at ic? i'm in.
wm

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Hehe...about a month and i'll have something to show too..Big plans but little time..lets see what i can manage. Next year will be alot better..this year i started from 0..in the fall i will prepare my garder for the next season. Alot easier..new soil, manure, garlic planted around cabbage beds etc..

Cant wait...hope you all have a good one :D