What's new

Gender dysphoria and the trans movement.

Hiddenjems

😂 sure they do
Where were all these trans people offing themselves 50 years ago?

They’ve made millions of kid’s mentality ill. Then proceeded to feed into their confusion.

The lawsuits of 30 year old sterilized eunuchs will be starting soon. Then this will start going away.

moose eater

They’ve made millions of kid’s mentality ill. Then proceeded to feed into their confusion.

The lawsuits of 30 year old sterilized eunuchs will be starting soon. Then this will start going away.
They weren't tracking them, in part because the conditions were far more closeted 50 years ago.

Hiddenjems

Transgender doesn’t exist. No person ever went from making fertile eggs to fertile Sperm with their own dna, or vice versa.

moose eater

So suicides among kids have gone down? I mean now that they’re being “saved” shouldn’t less of them take the cowards way out?
I don't know how old you are, but you clearly have little to no real insight into the issue of suicide, no matter what it's driven by, or which age group..

Cannavore

Veteran
I thought it didn’t happen? Keep moving the goalpost.
it happens after multiple doctors reccomendations that this is the only way for the child to move forward in life without trying to kill themselves on the daily.

that 8% includes 18 year olds aka adults who can make their own choices. amongst actual children, it's far lower.

We’re we’re all these trans suicides 50 years ago?
what a stupid question

Hiddenjems

I don't know how old you are, but you clearly have little to no real insight into the issue of suicide, no matter what it's driven by, or which age group..
My friends dad called them together and blew his head off in front of his family. My girlfriend at the times bff’s boyfriend hung himself in the woods streaming on Facebook live. My uncle took a bottle of pills instead of paying his bills. Gtfo of here, with I don’t know. Cowards, all of them.

Cannavore

Veteran
offing themselves in the closet

"In 1980, the American Psychiatric Association added gender identity disorder to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM). While controversial, this was seen as a way to ensure that transgender people had access to care. In a nod to progress, the next DSM will replace "gender identity disorder" with "gender dysphoria" as a diagnosis.

The shift underscores that being transgender is not a disorder in itself: Treatment only is considered for transgender people who experience gender dysphoria — a feeling of intense distress that one's body is not consistent with the gender he or she feels they are, explains Walter Bockting, PhD, a clinical psychologist and co-director of the LGBT Health Initiative at Columbia University Medical Center."

"But in an article we recently published in JAMA Surgery, we challenge the notion that transgender people often regret gender-affirming surgeries.

Evidence suggests that less than 1% of transgender people who undergo gender-affirming surgery report regret. That proportion is even more striking when compared to the fact that 14.4% of the broader population reports regret after similar surgeries.

For example, studies have found that between 5% and 14% of all women who receive mastectomies to reduce the risk of developing breast cancer say they regretted doing so. However, less than 1% of transgender men who receive the same procedure report regret.

These statistics are based on reviews of existing studies that investigated regret among 7,928 transgender individuals who received gender-affirming surgeries. Although some of this prior research has been criticized for overlooking the fact that regret can sometimes take years to develop, it aligns with the growing body of studies that show positive health outcomes among transgender people who receive gender-affirming care."

Cannavore

Veteran
0.48% of Americans are transgender. this issue is clearly being politicized. it's not a real issue or problem.

moose eater

My friends dad called them together and blew his head off in front of his family. My girlfriend at the times bff’s boyfriend hung himself in the woods streaming on Facebook live. My uncle took a bottle of pills instead of paying his bills. Gtfo of here, with I don’t know. Cowards, all of them.
Anecdotes that might have offered you an opportunity for greater understanding, but by your tenor, likely to protect yourself from vulnerable feelings or thoughts regarding those unfortunate issues, you've pointed it outwards in a form of blame with little to no real understanding. That much is evident.

Your loss in growth opportunity, but I get it. Over-simplification often protects us (somewhat falsely) from more painful realities.

If you want to compare mere anecdotes, I can trump you just with my own family of origin. Call it my own 'Prince of Tides' novel. I'll leave it at that.

But I found that forgiveness, acceptance, and understanding of their choices was the primary path to moving forward in life without the manufactured synthetic (and often inaccurate) explanations, anger, resentment, etc. I've got plenty of that without holding their choices against them.

By the way, I was the only clinician in the groups of mental health clinicians I worked with who never had a client complete suicide, and I approached all of them with a quasi-libertarian perspective. Something along the lines of, "It's your body, and you have a right to steer it in the way you wish, no one else owns your direction, and Abolition ended slavery, but I'm being paid to make sure you're in a clear frame of mind and have considered the implications", along with asking about "any possible changes for the betterment of conditions tomorrow." The wild card in all of this that doesn't always turn out better.

Non-conventional, but effective, and I had no shortage of suicidal clients toward the end of the last job I worked of that sort.

I even abruptly encountered one who made it and had attempted numerous times without success while in my care (shortly after my younger brother died, though his death was technically deemed a suicide, I believe with cause that in his case, his roommate shot him in the head; I'll abstain from the 'why' of that conclusion). When I was in Anchorage for a jobs conference/convention my wife was attending and opened the door to our hotel room to depart to the day's events, involving my wife shopping around for bush teaching jobs. Outside our door was that specific former client, doing a job (for undoubtedly shitty pay and suspect conditions), but no longer seemingly as tormented in the life she'd known previously, and vacuuming the hallway carpet.

I'm sure she was as surprised/shocked as I was to find ourselves face-to-face 300+ miles away from where we'd served in very different roles.

But I knew one primary thing, maybe 2, when I quit that job. I no longer wanted to play God intervening in another's choices or life of that sort, and that when anyone of us intervenes in another's plight, whether from a Buddhist perspective or a Christian perspective, or an Atheist's or Agnostic's perspective, we then are bound to that path and own a part of that person's ride. It's a sacred boundary in many ways.

And I never want that rolling of the dice again, whether it involves suicide or homicide and the assessments therein. Seen both.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Anecdotes that might have offered you an opportunity for greater understanding, but by your tenor, likely to protect yourself from vulnerable feelings or thoughts regarding those unfortunate issues, you've pointed it outwards in a form of blame with little to no real understanding. That much is evident.

Your loss in growth opportunity and inner growth, but I get it. Over-simplification often protects us (somewhat falsely) from more painful realities.

If you want to compare mere anecdotes, I can trump you just with my own family of origin. Call it my own 'Prince of Tides' novel. I'll leave it at that.

But I found that forgiveness, acceptance, and understanding of their choices was the primary path to moving forward in life without the manufactured synthetic (and often inaccurate) explanations, anger, resentment, etc. I've got plenty of that without holding their choices against them.

By the way, I was the only clinician in the groups of mental health clinicians I worked with who never had a client complete suicide, and I approached all of them with a quasi-libertarian perspective. Something along the lines of, "It's your body, and you have a right to steer it in the way you wish, no one else owns your direction, and Abolition ended slavery, but I'm being paid to make sure you're in a clear frame of mind and have considered the implications", along with asking about "any possible changes for the betterment of conditions tomorrow." The wild card in all of this that doesn't always turn out better.

Non-conventional, but effective, and I had no shortage of suicidal clients toward the end of the last job I worked of that sort.

I even abruptly encountered one who made it and had attempted numerous times without success while in my care (shortly after my younger brother died, though his death was technically deemed a suicide, I believe with cause that in his case, his roommate shot him in the head; I'll abstain from the 'why' of that conclusion). When I was in Anchorage for a jobs conference/convention my wife was attending and opened the door to our hotel room to depart to the day's events, involving my wife shopping around for bush teaching jobs. Outside our door was that specific former client, doing a job (for undoubtedly shitty pay and suspect conditions), but no longer seemingly as tormented in the life she'd known previously, and vacuuming the hallway carpet.

I'm sure she was as surprised/shocked as I was to find ourselves face-to-face 300+ miles away from where we'd served in very different roles.

But I knew one primary thing, maybe 2, when I quit that job. I no longer wanted to play God intervening in another's choices or life of that sort, and that when anyone of us intervenes in another's plight, whether from a Buddhist perspective or a Christian perspective, or an Atheist's or Agnostic's perspective, we then are bound to that path and own a part of that person's ride. It's a sacred boundary in many ways.

And I never want that rolling of the dice again, whether it involves suicide or homicide and the assessments therein. Seen both.

I would imagine a lot of the suicide issues where you live arise from depression caused by the weather. I lived there in my youth. I myself flourished because of my love for the outdoors. But my stepmother lost her damn mind. In the 4 years my old man was stationed there she went from being a sweet humble woman to a psychotic battle axe that drank box wine and cried all winter. It was my first experience seeing someone develop depression. My brother, who lives on the olympic peninsula in washington state, says its a big issue there too. All that rain and darkness can effect mood in a big way

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
suicide is sad
but the people @Hiddenjems mentioned has nothing to do with the ghey surgery
its more about the people in question, like really, kill myself or pay my bills?
/gather round family, im going to kill myself
//and the toaster: killing myself on live stream?!
these people were not well

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I would imagine a lot of the suicide issues where you live arise from depression caused by the weather. I lived there in my youth. I myself flourished because of my love for the outdoors. But my stepmother lost her damn mind. In the 4 years my old man was stationed there she went from being a sweet humble woman to a psychotic battle axe that drank box wine and cried all winter. It was my first experience seeing someone develop depression. My brother, who lives on the olympic peninsula in washington state, says its a big issue there too. All that rain and darkness can effect mood in a big way
they once told me i had the sad*!
*seasonal affective disorder

i hear alaska is the worst

moose eater

I would imagine a lot of the suicide issues where you live arise from depression caused by the weather. I lived there in my youth. I myself flourished because of my love for the outdoors. But my stepmother lost her damn mind. In the 4 years my old man was stationed there she went from being a sweet humble woman to psychotic sad sack that drank box wine and cried all winter. It was my first experience seeing someone develop depression. My brother, who lives on the olympic peninsula in washington state, says its a big issue there too. All that rain and darkness can effect mood in a big way
I was speaking in the above quote about suicide in general, though the client I anonymously referenced was in Alaska, as were the list of suicidal clients plaguing my own fears of inadequacy and culpability when I quit that job. (Profitable reduction-in-force buy-out. Most money I ever made for saying "See ya'...").

But we've got a relatively narrow-minded, redneck, under-educated population here in many places, and I can recall a well-to-do corporate/quasi-company town's school and others going unhinged when an early-adolescent client of mine had laid his head in the lap of another young man at a school dance. An adolescent who I believe misperceived his being gay based on narrow and less than fully educated experiences (in a family and community where there were none to few people to speak with about such things without anger taking the wheel)., because he became aroused when he was molested at a later childhood/pre-adolescent age. (*I told him that there were other aspects or criteria to being confident that one was gay or not, other than his dick getting hard when someone fondled or sucked on it, finally abbreviating that idea with, "Your dick has no eyeballs and not too much social conditioning; only nerve endings that know what feels good, and what doesn't, well beyond any intellectual or social conditioning.."

People, in their reactions, including presentations like some make in this very thread, cause far more harm in their lack of insight than many other factors.

Edit: Some women lubricate when they're assaulted or raped, but that in no way translates into "The bitch LIKED it!!" And if they aren't provided an opportunity for clarifying these things in a safe place, that phenomenon can mind-fuck them for years and years to come.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Up here, many of the long-time folks and those raised here don't have the same issues with increased darkness or quasi-hibernating indoors like some of the folks who are newer to the place. Though that can change over time; it has a bit for me with age and sensitivity. But for some, the long summer days and the short winter days can both fuck with your sleep schedule a bit.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
snipping a lot of good stuff here
Up here, many of the long-time folks and those raised here don't have the same issues with increased darkness or quasi-hibernating indoors like some of the folks who are newer to the place. Though that can change over time; it has a bit for me with age and sensitivity. But for some, the long summer days and the short winter days can both fuck with your sleep schedule a bit.
you wanna mess with someones head, f with their sleep
/ive been sleep deprived and it was a trip

plus like you said the lack of day time passing
/im sorry , i couldent think of a better way of saying that
but its like in the morning its kind of dim and cool but the afternoon is brights and warm then the nights cool down
a normal circadian cycle

who knows, people are weird!

moose eater

but its like in the morning its kind of dim and cool but the afternoon is brights and warm then the nights cool down
a normal circadian cycle

We used to get off BIG TIME on the radical seasonal changes. Youngsters are all about radical or extreme changes at times, right?

A warm chinook wind coming over the mountains from the south bringing -55 f. up to +34 f in a matter of 24-hours. and grilling in shorts and a t-shirt in those conditions. MAGNIFICENT memories.

And waking up at 2:00 or 3:00 A.M at my latitude I'm at now, 42+ years ago, to find my former partner and landlord outside my cabin wired on speed, pouring concrete pads under my cabin. And the sun as bright as could be.

The burn in the back of my throat when outside chopping firewood with a thick wool sweater and a scarf wrapped around my mouth to try and temper the -55 f. air; the burn in the back of my throat caused by the cold air at that age meant a celebration of life to me. Can't have discomfort without life.

But for the newbies, or some of us who have been here a long time, sometimes developing even a bit of cold intolerance, or the summer days keeping one awake too long, or short days with limited natural light (Vitamin D3 and E anyone?) it can get old.

There's a reason why there's so many former Alaskans in Tucson, Hawaii, Southern Cali, etc.

Me? I'll likely die here, as there's few other places where I can live the way I do and not anticipate the gray bar hotel.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im sorry sir but i like my bed soft and my showers hot!

ive tasted the chill of frozen air and the sting of salty ocean water flooding into where it should not go!
i loved every minute of it

Last edited:

moose eater

a normal circadian cycle

Sleep deprivation can drive a person to all kinds of outcomes, from psychosis to suicide to outward expressions of violence, etc. Absolutely right, pop.

One reason sleep deprivation is banned as torture in re. to POWs, prisoners in general, patients, etc. Of course, it never really stopped the DoD and others from engaging in such practices.

And I believe that much of what is encompassed in the generic description in 'methamphetamine-induced psychosis' is actually the outcome of too little sleep over an extended period of time, while being wired and paranoid over being hunted for some dust in one's pocket.

Latest posts

Latest posts