What's new

GDP and Sour D

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Well buds are good and harvested! Finally! I got a little over a qp from the outdoor grow. these are the buds. Sour D and GDP mixed together in the pile. Most was donated to some local patients friends of mine who cant grow. Of course I kept some choice nugs and a moms of the GDP! She is a keeper for real!

Next up!

White Widow
Outlaw's DPDxBubba Kush
GDP
BrainDead (BD#1's own mix (Bubba KushxDeep Chunk) x Blockhead)
AK47(Older version)
Blue Rhino(Dj'sBlueBerry xWhite Rhino (my own cross)
Monster(Unknown Cut)
Pineapple(clone only)
Dogshit
Landrace Afghani

Last edited:

niggenz

cbf said:
Very nice purple colors, what day did they start turning purple? Were they indoor? What where the temps?

A twang of purple began appearing in the 5th week. But the darkness really took hold after about the 45th day. At point, I could just see that the buds were so much darker than the green leaves around them. My temps early on during this run were pretty high, in the high 80's, sometimes hitting low 90's. After getting that under control at the 7th week, I was in the mid 70's. The outdoor temperature dropping helped in this regard. This is my 4th grow of GDP and 5th grow overall. I started growing in May of this year. Every run I have had with GDP has turned purple and I have had temperature issues every time. Of course taking on this little hobby right at the start of summer didn't help my cause. But I don't believe that GDP turning purple is completely dependent upon temperature. Actually, this run is the first time I have used a 1k watt bulb and this is the darkest GDP has ever turned for me. They are also the densest they have been out of all my runs. I am indoors, in a vertical SOG. Using this technique, only one side of the bud ever receives any direct light, I have noticed that the side facing the light turns purple most.

I have trimmed and the buds are now drying. I have some more pics which I shall post (provided Rainman doesn't object to the continued hijack of his thread). I'll also post pics of the finish dried product as soon as it is available.

sneakinman13

Veteran
nice rainman..
where did you get that gdp??
jw cause i got one from marconi med. and it looks similar but not flowering yet. just similar leaves..

Rainman

Veteran
SN13 - Actually the buds that are done curing came from there(Marconi) and are nice and smelly but didn't go too purple. Maybe I didn't let them go long enough though I think. The new version came from CARES in Oaktown. I have a few killer cuts showin up in the next few weeks also so stay tuned bro! Peace!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yo Rain u heard anything on the GDP from grass roots in SF? I just got one and finna mother her out. U liked the marconi GDP? It did aright outside for my folks but they said it didnt get too big and only the tops turned purple.

sneakinman13

Veteran
Rainman said:
SN13 - Actually the buds that are done curing came from there(Marconi) and are nice and smelly but didn't go too purple. Maybe I didn't let them go long enough though I think. The new version came from CARES in Oaktown. I have a few killer cuts showin up in the next few weeks also so stay tuned bro! Peace!
nice.
mines from marconi aswell.
i knew that cut looked familer..
im excited now after seeing yours!!
and ill deff be here later for ur new strains... :muahaha:

Rainman

Veteran
Well guys here is the new crop gettin started! I have in this run 2 White Widows, 1 Double Bubba(Outlaw), Grapefruit Kush, Euphoria, GDP, 3 Blue Rhinos, and a special Afghan Kush(seeds from Afghanistan), and a single plant I call Monster(explain later) Lets take a peak!

Double Bubba(Outlaw's Double Purple Doja x Bubba Kush) A mouthful I know that why I shortened the name for mine! She is the only one out of a pack that I decided to keep. Gave some away so only started with 4.

Love this girl! Frosty already and getting purple by the day!

Last edited:

Rainman

Veteran
The GDP! Think this one is "Tthe One"! Colors are already vibrant and the fan leaves are going from bright yellow to dark purple. You can see the leaves with the yellowing leaves. Enjoy!

Rainman

Veteran
Euphoria. She is a stoney indica I keep trying to get rid of but she is holdin on! Stays short and puts out the buddage!

Peace!

Rainman

Veteran
I call this one Possitron(just my name for her folks!) after Daryl Dawkins! If you know who he is then you will get it. Stocky and bushy plant with frosty resin early and beefy flowers. The thickest plant so far. Got the seeds from Afghanistan so know nothing other than that about her. Real easy goin so far and I hope she keeps doin it like this for me til the end! Peace!

Peace!

Rainman

Veteran
Next up is the Grapefruit Kush. Growing great but not doin anything outstanding. She puts on the resin at 12 days flower which was fastest for the room. Stays squat and bushes out low. Hardly any smell at this time even after rubbing against.

Peace!

Rainman

Veteran
White Widow. Monster bush and buds all over! She is the fastest growing and biggest girl in the room so she occupies the bask where she is still outpacing everyone. Thinking about crossing with a JLP SourDOG male but haven't made up my mind.

Here is a mystery plant that I threw in cause I love the bagseed. Some kinda purple but the structure is weird. The buds are going black and it smells crazy grapey fuely when touched. Looks crazy and I am hoping she gives somethin special. Wont be a big producer but the buds seems intense.

Got more so I will dropm later.

C

cbf

Whats up guys, saw some bananas so I cut the GDP at day 58...

meanwhile...

Last edited:

Rainman

Veteran
Blue Rhino gettin frosty. Took some shots this morning along with some others.
1st 4 are from the Rhino....

Next Euphoria

Possitron

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Rainman that Blue Rhino Looks like some Fire man! How many days in is that pic and how many does it take to finish? Everything lookin real real good yo!

Rainman

Veteran
Honored to have you two scopin out the grow! BD and GM much respect to you for the kind words.

GM - I switched these on Nov. 25 so whatever that works out to? So around 20 days thus far it think? She is real frosty and smells like rotten cantaloupe at this point! Just a real sickly fruity smell if you get me. I have a big male that she will get coosed with here soon. I have some pics I will throw up if I can findem. Pm when you are ready!

BD -My friend you should sprout a few of the Rhinos and see what comes up bro! You will not be disappointed im sure! I have a pretty little female from my 1st round of BD's!! Lookin short and sweet! You are the man!!

Dakine

Veteran
Damn... How many plants did u get a qp off of? Did you ask any of the med patients which they liked better for different reasons? Nice buds man keep da shots comin