What's new

GCG and Boobs's 2012 NorCal Organic Outdoor: The Foothill Fetish

The mounds and pots are much different. The mounds require more water, more often. The result is explosive root growth that will continue.

I'd focus more attention on mounds if I wasn't so worried about ground critters.

The pots require less water in general as of right now. Once they begin to max out roots I'm sure the scale will tip the other direction.

I'm familiar with using 65/100/150/200/300 gallon pots.

So far I really like the 65s for combination of yield and being very managable. (I can drag them by myself quite far if need be)

I love the other size pots for obvious reasons. I have a feeling the 65s will be a major player in experiments and light dep. in my future.

Thanks for stopping in, if I can clarify anything further for you, let me know.

Very Nice GoldCountryGuy!

Those things gonna blow it up once flowering starts!

How do you compare the mounds to the smart pots? How do you deal with the watering compared to the smarties?

Can't wait to fast forward a few weeks and see those monsters! :peacock:

Peace!

Fantastic work, those 1000 + gallon mounds really are working out great. I can't wait to see come flower if they continue to take off and take advantage of that extra soil. What are you hoping for in the yield department? What is the biggest plant you guys have ever grown? I personally have never gone above 5 lbs, but I have a short fence in a big city.

In terms of yield I expect 5+ pounds per mound. 200 gallon pots I expect to average 3-5 pounds. 65 gallon pots 1-1.5 pounds.

Largest plant i have grown was a blue dream hybrid. I didn't note exact numbers but she was around 7 pounds.

:tiphat:

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
wow over 200 replies, and we've only just begun! ...http://youtu.be/__VQX2Xn7tI

a little music for ye...
http://youtu.be/Uw_jU_WEK60
http://youtu.be/mkcUjHKcIYc

as promised, the roof view. how I got onto the roof with no ladder I'll let y'all ponder. :biggrin:
picture.php

Applied a microbulated tea last night and foilar'd some PPD, CalCarb & a little EJ Grow/Catalyst this morn'

here are some hopeful peppers, finally warm enough out to get some germinated. got some black pearl, white hot habañeros and jalapeños. just thinking about them is making me hot!
picture.php

finally a little update on the often neglected bed of cabbage, dill, redskins and thyme.
picture.php

as you can see everything here is going swimmingly, now I'ma head down to the creek and find that gold! :tiphat:
one more song, hehe...
http://youtu.be/kjxSCAalsBE

Bonzo

Veteran
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!:yay::greenstars:

This is something i've allways wanted to do...there is nothing like big beautifull cannabis plants grown the way Mother Nature intended...one of these days i will...have a friend who has a beautifull piece of land...at least for one season...for now i will experience this wonder through this awesome thread:woohoo:

thank you thank you thank you for sharing this journey!:tiphat:

is that a hammok i see back there!?:biggrin:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
hey boobs a few of my plants are about the same size as yours 2-3 feet....im worried its getting kinda late for them to really pack on the size to become 3-5lb plants....you think they still got a shot. im really praying they pack on some height in the next month....

i hit my plants with PPD and they are really loving it....they perked up and turned such a rich green color, thats some good stuff.

boobs is out hunting for gold today, so i will address your questions.

bonzo, yes that is my old hammock that i traded to boobs for something.

yes215, that pure protein is some good stuff. I wouldn't be too worried about your growth, it is early july, after-all.

Thanks to everyone who is enjoying.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thats pretty cool i have a stream at the bottom of my property....most of the water runoff on my mountain goes right through the edge. theres lots of red clay but in the stream its mostly rocks and stuff...got a metal detector too gonna have to go search for some gold..

GCG you think those plants will get up to 6foot and as wide as the smartpot by august? it will be interesting since some of my plants are that size to compare our growth rates...guess what strain just seems kind of small in my garden lol? the "LA con"...im gonna stop running it after this season it just seems lacking of vigor and last year it was already flowering by mid july..

thats pretty cool i have a stream at the bottom of my property....most of the water runoff on my mountain goes right through the edge. theres lots of red clay but in the stream its mostly rocks and stuff...got a metal detector too gonna have to go search for some gold..

GCG you think those plants will get up to 6foot and as wide as the smartpot by august? it will be interesting since some of my plants are that size to compare our growth rates...guess what strain just seems kind of small in my garden lol? the "LA con"...im gonna stop running it after this season it just seems lacking of vigor and last year it was already flowering by mid july..

Yes, I do think so, just basing it on my past experience. Granted i need to keep them very healthy and continue with my plan, its very doable.

Are you familiar with the picture I posted before of last years ogbubba that got me over 3 pounds? If not, ill be happy to reupload for you.

I know you don't feel like doing a thread this year, but, if you want, post some pics up in here for fun.

:tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
GCG, thanks for the reply bro! It's interesting, I though them mounds would drink less water. Got a 100gal mound growing some tomatoes plants. I never watered them and they are massive. Over 6ft tall. That just reminded me I gotta stake the shit out of it lol

I would love to see that picture :D please and thanks :)

Awesome show, must be nice just chillin on that hammock smoking fatties and watching them trees grow :)

edit, just a sick tune http://youtu.be/jk58i22h2AA

Peace bro!

S

Smoke Buddy

WOW! What an inspiration! Great thread GCG and Boobs! Im looking forward to watching the show! Best wishes on your success.
:rasta:

nephrosis

Looking Wonderful!!! those peppers look amazing! Thats the next plant i plan on growin and im glad to see yours goin so good!!

Iv never had an outdoor season, when do you believe the colas are going to be ore mature and pronounced?

E

ekomsi

Super dope is what I call this. How'd the gsc, ghost train haze going?

Before I do a plant update, I thought I'd show you what boobs and I have been upto the last few days. ROAD TRIP!!!

Eel River in Humboldt

picture.php

Costal Redwoods

picture.php

Starfish near shore near Arcata

picture.php

Trinity/Humboldt border

picture.php

Trinity as the sun went down

picture.php

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice pix GCG..I love that area n you took me back with those..it is so different than where I'm at..DD

I'm glad you enjoy DoobieDuck. I was watering all morning by hand and was getting swarmed by hummingbirds. Needless to say, thought of you. Was a great morning. :tiphat: