What's new

Gavita pro 600 x 2 / LEP 300 test grow

theherbalizor

Veteran
Cheers guys. I was let down by a couple plants, but mostly due to my bad netting practice. And one casey nearly died on me when drippers blocked and she wilted.....

Ok...... I have final numbers. All over dry and in jars with te odd leaf to try and add some moisture back.

Killa Queen 195
Casey 1 233
Chem d 1 242
Sd cc 108
Casey 2 141
Giesel 202
Sd DN 229
Chem d 2 239
Casey 3 383

Total 1972g...70.42 oz.

I think with all casey and scrogged I could top 80. But I can never run just one strain.

Will try todo some dry bud shots very soon but priority is getting the next lot in thier final positions and scrog frames built.

And I was going to do the single casey scrog under LEP and 150w hps. But I actually have a semi used kq mom that is perfect for the job. May cut her back before hand, I'll take shots of before an after in any case.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Ril, biggest casey I had grown until now was 7 oz. but until now she had never received a decent amount of light.

Oh next run is

Vg blueberry cut
Chem d
Psycho diesel
Giesel
Casey jones
Trainwreck x OG (twog)

Green81

Veteran
Fan-fucking tastic brother, your very green fingered. Ok last night I netted 8 large plants all vegged for 5 weeks, with the blockbuster,lep, blockbuster setup. I'm super excited for this one. Gonna start the journal tOnight. :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
^^^Don't forget the link to your thread green81, I'm real interested in how you get on ;)

Herb that's an outstanding yield bro, let down's and all. Especially considering the space used!! Remarkable homie!!

Really want some of these lights now, will have to wait for a while though. Sounds like the next run should be cracking can't wait to see some pics :)

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Nice haul mate mine where super dry too soon as i touch the buds they would crumble slightly think i over did the drying process

Looking forward to the next installment

Peace

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thanks so much people. I will do some smoke reports and dry nug shots soon. Just going to get the next LEP/150w hps thread going in next couple days.

Green81

Veteran
Thats gonna be very interesting too m8, can see your having fun with your LEP :), speak to you soon bro.

G81

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to theherbalizor again.

guerilla415

I guess Im just waiting for the most important part now...the smoke test. Everything can look good, the yield can be great and it could be some of the prettiest flowers ever but if the enjoyable stone and high potency are not at the same level or better under the HPS/LEP mix as they are under just plain ol' HPS then I would prolly wait for the tech to improve and prices to drop.

if u think the quality and efficiency are worth the extra cost id love to hear it herb, i always can count on an honest answer from ya so thanks for that. Honestly Id even give up a little yeild for a little quality but it seems you dont have to sacrafice with these units.

Hopefully I can swing a good bulk deal if i do make the switch, at least partially to an LEP infused room.

thanks herb, cant wait to hear the final report. Hope your feeling better ;)

guerilla

whazzup

Veteran
I would not bet on dropping prices. The margin taken on these lamps is very low, the MSRP is really low to enable this lamp to be affordable (as affordable as can be). It's not much use bringing equipment on the market that doesn't create reproducible results with a short pay back time. If you run 13 week cycles it pays for itself in about half a year only by the increased light and yield per micromol. So while you wait for it to drop in price and wait another 6 months it would already have paid for itself and you would have had the additional advantages as well.

The pro 600 SE and pro 1000 DE usually provide ROI within one cycle. It's not so hard to calculate, light is yield ;)