What's new

GAVITA Pro 1000 DE

N

noyd666

no this is diff, no mention at all of running in lamp. I have both manuals and nada. thanks mate.

whazzup

Veteran
About the burn-in time of the lamp: Indeed this is 100 hours at 100%. Usually a fixture is used at its nominal power, the dim (and boost) ar features that you can use to adjust your output, but dimming a lamp basically reduces the efficiency and makes the spectrum less wide. So you can always better use a 750W lamp at 825W than dim a 1000W to 825W for example.

In new editions of the manual we will mention it, but basically a burn-in period is standard practice.

Attachments

• 600-750-1000 ppf-w.jpg
    600-750-1000 ppf-w.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 16

Dog Star

Veteran
Have Gavita 1000 DE and last run i get i could live light close as 35-40 cm from bulb
on strongest setting 1150 W whithouth burning any buds...

so for those that ask self how close we can get to the tops of a plants...

Here to show you pics when plants didnt still finished total streching so you dont think
i lie to all of you..

picture.php

plants are shaped in "stadium" shape but most of buds are on those distance i mention.

Kind regards

DS

Dog Star

Veteran
What i found questionable on this graph is that on model 1000 DE
features between 1000 W and 1150 W dont give any raising
of values in light intensity... line goes straight whithouth
any raising in micromoles.

Why is that like that Whazz??

All the best

DS

About the burn-in time of the lamp: Indeed this is 100 hours at 100%. Usually a fixture is used at its nominal power, the dim (and boost) ar features that you can use to adjust your output, but dimming a lamp basically reduces the efficiency and makes the spectrum less wide. So you can always better use a 750W lamp at 825W than dim a 1000W to 825W for example.

In new editions of the manual we will mention it, but basically a burn-in period is standard practice.

Bob-Zilla

What i found questionable on this graph is that on model 1000 DE
features between 1000 W and 1150 W dont give any raising
of values in light intensity... line goes straight whithouth
any raising in micromoles.

Why is that like that Whazz??

All the best

DS

I asked this very question last year and it never received a straightforward response.

My assumption is all 1000 DE "PLUS" bulb(s) max out @2100par on 1K setting.
Searching online I read that increasing wattage beyond 1K only shifts spectrum and light intensity with no added par.
With that said I don't overclock my bulbs at this time, YMMV.

Avenger

Veteran
The graph depicts umol/s per watt(ppf/watt), not total umol/s from the fixture. So 2.1 umol/s per watt from 1000 -1150 watt power.

2100 umol/s @ 1000 watts
2415 umol/s @ 1150 watts

Bob-Zilla

The graph depicts umol/s per watt(ppf/watt), not total umol/s from the fixture. So 2.1 umol/s per watt from 1000 -1150 watt power.

2100 umol/s @ 1000 watts
2415 umol/s @ 1150 watts

I'd assume that as well, however, I really want to see that number published online somewhere by any one of the reputable lighting companies.

Avenger

Veteran
Isn't that what whazzup just did by publishing the graph?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 600-750-1000 ppf per watt graph Gavita.jpg
    600-750-1000 ppf per watt graph Gavita.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 18

Dog Star

Veteran
Dont sees those raising from 2100 on 2415 on graph...

where you found those data that 1150 W gives 2415 micromoles??

Avenger

Veteran
Like I said above, the graph dipicts ppf per watt. See at the top of the graphic it says PPF/W.

The graph shows that at 1000 watts the lamp emits 2.1 ppf per watt. As you notice, the line does not raise between 1000 to 1150 watts, so it dipicts that at 1150 watts the lamp still emits 2.1 ppf per watt.

It is simple math to deduce that 2.1 ppf per watt at 1000 watts equals 2100 ppf.
(2.1 X 1000=2100)
Equally as simple is to deduce that 2.1 ppf per watt at 1150 watts equals 2415 ppf.
(2.1 x 1150=2415)

To carry the logic down the line in the graphic, at 600 watts the 1000W EL (yellow line) emits 1.7 ppf per watt, so 1020 ppf(umol/s/m2)
(1.7 X 600= 1020)

Bob-Zilla

I do understand the illustration on that graph and btw, that's gavitas 2nd version as they have another published with different lamp manufacturers in comparison.

The only point I'm trying to make here is that these "plus" bulbs are solely marketed as 2100micromole lamps, nothing more.

Growkid714

Hey whazzupp

Hey whazzupp

Currently running two 1ks in my 4x8 tent pulling about an LB give or take per light .. Both air cooled and also running 14k btu a/c plus the normal in takes and out .. Just curious to see how swapping out my 2 1ks for a single Gavita 1k since people are obviously pulling the same weight I am with just the single ? Sounds from the previous 30+ pages the only thing that really seemed to be the problem was light distance and footprint of multiple lights .. Any help would be greatly appreciated .. Thanks !!

LostTribe

Premium user
I normally run hortilux 1k hps bulbs on magnetic and e ballasts. What is the deal with gavita other than double ended bulbs and expensive bulky hoods?

Do you have to run the DE bulbs only with their ballasts?

coldcanna

Veteran
I see all these people pulling 2-3 packs per light, just curious if anyone wants to chime in.... you guys running coco and hydro, or are the soil guys seeing crazy numbers like that as well?

the gnome

Veteran
i just got a few of the 1000w pro e-series and just realized they come with 8ft cords.
on the ballast end of the cords it looks like an RFI filter is on it.
would there be any probs splicing extra length on the cord if i decide it's doable?

it'll be a lot easier than running all my 220v outlets up to the ceiling
but if it hes to go that way so be it

Picarus

cold canna,
strain dependent of course, but if I push the light level I can get over 2.5 average in an organic soil garden.
This was week 5, Ghost Train Haze finished at 2.6 average. I did have some bleached tips at the end, but overall quality was tops.

Attachments

• ghosttrainhaze wk 5.jpg
    ghosttrainhaze wk 5.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 19

Cadfael

Just hung my first set of these lights. Good God, they are beautiful!

Thanks and praise given to the good people of Gavita, their customer service has been wonderful.

And thanks to you, ICmag, for providing a forum where I can be an old fart dawg, who can learn new tricks.

Latest posts

Latest posts