What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Garbage Pickers

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I remember that story a couple years ago when the garbage pickers thought they found a bottle of perfume but it was a nerve agent discarded by hitmen of the Russian state, novichok I think it was? The woman died iirc. This was In London.

Kinda put me off trying garbage picking for life.

Sunshineinabag

View Image
- pic is of Harry H. Corbett and Wilfred Bramble - as Steptoe and Son - who were in a TV series about 2 Rag and Bone men -

- When I was a nipper - back in the 60's growing up - we had 'Rag and Bone Men' - who would be out on the streets shouting - 'Old Iron - Lumber - Rag and Bone!' - most of them would be out in a horse and cart for collections - and they would take away just about anything - a family relative was one of these rag and bone men - and we used to go and play in his yard - amongst piles of cloth/clothes and rags -

My youth! CHOM CHOM CHOM!

https://youtu.be/hggrZ7Rz1mQ

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8JFRyfxVM

SING IT, BROTHERS!

"The stone that the builder refused
Will always be the head conerstone
The stone that the builder refused
Will always be the head cornerstone
You're a builder, bay-bay
Here I am, a stone
Don't you pick and refuse me
'Cause the things people refuse
Are the things they should use
Do you 'ear me, hear what I say?"

:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sanford and Son is an American sitcom television series that ran on the NBC television network from January 14, 1972, to March 25, 1977. It was based on the BBC Television program Steptoe and Son, which had its original broadcast run in the United Kingdom from 1962 to 1965.

- There are quite a few British TV series that were copied and reproduced with American actors in the USA - 'The Office' is quite a recent one that comes to mind -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_and_Son

Steptoe and Son?

Sounds like the British version of Sanford and Son.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82164&pictureid=2032710&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

A

anoydas 666

not allowed to go to the dump at moment, to wet to mow lawns so fuck the council anyway. should have sheep or goat to mow.

T

Teddybrae

Cockie's Gate

Cockie's Gate

Here's a wire gate made from wire and a few sticks from the bush. Saved AU$100 making this.
I 'm shit with wire so it's not as tight as it could be ... and that post needs to be be fully sapped-off yet.

Called a Cockie's Gate because farmers are often called 'cockies' here after the cockatoos that are everywhere in the bush just like farmers are ...

picture.php

BearCreekFarms

Here's a wire gate made from wire and a few sticks from the bush. Saved AU$100 making this.
I 'm shit with wire so it's not as tight as it could be ... and that post needs to be be fully sapped-off yet.

Called a Cockie's Gate because farmers are often called 'cockies' here after the cockatoos that are everywhere in the bush just like farmers are ...

View Image

Looks good to me. Ought to keep the cows where they belong.

:headbange

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I got kicked out of the dump and had my sticker taken away for taking an old sliding screen door to be repurposed. I let it cool of for a few months and went back. Had to promise to behave my self and they gave me another sticker.

Green Squall

I follow a silver sub on Reddit and people regularly dumpster dive behind goodwill stores, looking for sterling silver, "costume jewellery" and other valuables that gets disposed of. Having had to do community service many years ago for possession, I can attest that so much stuff comes through the doors, split section decisions need to be made on what to keep and what to get rid of.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

View Image

hope you continued the fence...since it stops at the post in the picture, lol. :biggrin: the gate looks well engineered to me.

Gry

Veteran

View Image
Fence looks neat what kind of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] cockatoos are they ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

T

Teddybrae

No no Bud! You're thinking of Galahs! Y'know ... Australian slang for a 'klutz'. We say 'bloody galah' when someone does something stupid.
(for members unused to Aust/NZ language: Galahs are a type of cockatoo ... except when they're a stupid human.

they're the kind that follow a fence-line until they come to the end of it at a gate post..