What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gano's Hydroponic Adventures

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Just move the right tallest one out :biggrin:

I'll get to that. But, my other veg space isn't ready for any plants. I'm working on making an other flood and drain tray like the one that is being used in this grow and it will be used for the plants that "move out" of the grow tent.

The pots that I transplanted them into are regular soil potting pots. Due to this the holes at the bottoms of the pots are larger then the hydroton, I went and doubled up the pots. This holds the hydroton in place with in the first pot.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
running a little slow on things. I finished drilling out the holes in the new flood and drain tray this weekend, and installed flood and drain the fittings for the tray. I had to buy a new timer for the new flood and drain tray. I wanted to get an other recycling timer since the old one capped out (was a cap recycling timer, so it was older). I checked the local hydro store and the online grow shops, but it seams that every one is out of the recycling timers. In the past I was able to get these timers with several on off setting at walmart, but they don't carry these in store any more. Home depot 2 different ones, but I went with the one with 7 on/off settings, more then enough for a flood and drain tray in flowering.

I'll be ready to move some of the plants to the other room in the next couple of days and they should be ready to start flowering soon after the big plants have been moved. Then should all be ready to start flowering by the end of the week.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I got the three biggest ones moved to the other room. Currently the room still has a 400w MH to light the room for veg growth. I have the new tray all set up, except for filling the res up with nutrient solution. I've been looking through my parts bins for some other parts. I'm thinking about putting a "choke" valve in-line between the pump and the f&d fitting on the tray. The idea of having a choke valve is so I can add several drip lines for the plants, so they can have a top drip along with a flood and drain cycle on the same pump. An issue with these "soil garden pots" in a flood and drain tray is that they have a reduced root space due to the limited amount of space that gets flooded, compared to the rest of the space that doesn't get used.

Yes, I could just go and add in a 2nd pump for the drip system and that would require an other pump and then another timer (if not plugged into the timer for the first pump). I can do the same thing with one pump as I can do with 2 pumps.

Another note... I could also close the choke valve and remove the riser for the over flow fitting, and switch over to just top feeding the plants. Lots of different little things I could play around with here...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
image_2067731.jpg
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour d S1 tall room 007.JPG Views:	0 Size:	256.3 KB ID:	17931095
Here are the ones that where moved to another room... There is quite a difference in the height of the two runts and three tallest plants.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour d S1 tall room 007.JPG Views:	0 Size:	256.3 KB ID:	17931095

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Oh! The tent got set up for flower 12/12.

I attached the tent to vent via a 6" duct. I opened the flaps at the bottom slightly to allow air flow, and I zipped the door up, except for a slight gap at the bottom to allow for air flow.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I still need take cutting from them and to number all the plants. The three tall ones will be numbered 1-3, the runts will be 8, and 9.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The four in the Mars Hydro tent,

#5 and #6, the stems have turned purple. #4 is the largest out of the the four plants. #7 Is still the smallest out of these four plants. All of these four have started to show the first signs of flowering on the very top of the plants.
Sour d S1's Mars tent 001.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Here are # 1, #2, and #3

These girls look more like the Sour d the seeds came from. I've had issues with the flower cycle in this room. I didn't have a timer and was controlling the light manually. Wed or Thurs I forgot to unplug the light. So I don't expect to see these start to show those first signs of flowering.

I just got a new timer for the light, so this isn't going to be an issue again.

Sour d S1's From Mars Tent 004.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
They just got a shower and where all floppy. They do have a soft stems on the side branches like their mother. I expect close to tennis ball sized buds off of at least one of those three.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've had/ i have the lights on during daylight hours while the plants are flowering. I've been having issues getting around to opening up the rooms during "lights on" time to take any kind of pictures. Then when I do start taking pictures and of coarse the camera then dies after one or two pictures.

Last week I changed out the 400w MH for the 1000w. Last week I lost the number 1 plant. I had some issue two weeks ago where I didn't get get the res topped off in time and I found it wilted and almost dead. A little bit of growth came back to life when I topped of the res, but she gave in last week.

I found some kind of bug I've never seen before on the plants I move out of the tent to the other room. Couple days ago I went and did something I haven't done before, I sprayed them down with a water and dish soap mix (which I haven't done when in flower) and then rinsed then off. After drying off, I don't see any of those bugs on the leaves. But I'll have to do it again at least once. If I didn't do this I don't think the plants would finish with out being ravaged by these bugs. I haven't seen any of these bugs on any of the plants in the tent.

I'll get some picture in the next day or two.