What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gano's Hydroponic Adventures

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
hey gano, why are you specifically hunting the purple phenos? For bag appeal or do they have a distinct blueberry terp or the effect?
off subject - the sour d #3 is a killer plant.....nice daytime medicine

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The purple pheno does have distinctive terps along with effects. The purple pheno is 100% medical grade. I've had several people tell me it has no ceiling and is a creeper. The purple ones I've found are on par with the gg4. The gg4 has a slightly more stoney effect compared to the purple, but for medical use the purple is amazing.

I'm pheno hunting for selective breeding. The purple pheno has only shown up in a low ratio of plants, I assume that means this pheno is a recessive. I want to make seeds that are stronger with this gene or genes. So I'm planning on selective breeding, but NOT out crossing them. I know, I know, all the cool kids are out crossing everything these days!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I want a front row seat! :lurk:
Hello! :wave:

Welcome exploziv

Seeds are cracking and I can see tails on several. I figure 2 more days and they should have al popped and grown enough to shed the seed hulls and then they can go into the aeroponic units (which also double as aeroponic cloners)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm getting ready to transplant, lost of stuff to finish pulling together before I start transplanting these. You can see in the first picture the tray is standing up, to mimic a vertical environment. The 2nd picture is with the tray laying flat.

BMS seed sprouts 003.JPG
BMS seed sprouts 005.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've been theorizing on other ways that I could use this method of sprouting seeds for. I'm thinking I could also put them straight into hydroton in a flood and drain tray. There could be a few new detail that I'd have to trouble shoot with a new technic. Since They will get transplanted into hydroton in a week or two, this would save time by doing it now. Perhaps some time I'll do a side by side with a flood tray and one of my aeroponic units. I'm sure there would be a visible different, but in which one?

Hope all of them are female. :biggrin:

These are all m/f seeds.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm getting ready to transplant, lost of stuff to finish pulling together before I start transplanting these. You can see in the first picture the tray is standing up, to mimic a vertical environment. The 2nd picture is with the tray laying flat.

I’m going to copy this method :thank you:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Had a near disaster about an hour ago. I went to check on them and take some pictures. I found pump in the unit on left wasn't turning on when the time turned on. All the seedlings were drooped over.

I preformed an emergency pump transplant.thirty minutes ago they where starting to show signs of recovering.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganoderma ... good morning :coffee: I’ve noticed a weird trait in the GG4 times C99 seeds, every time I sprout them they crack , I plant them & then they stall ?. this is the third time it’s happened ,have you ever experienced anything like this with a seed line before ? I started some other seeds after them they came up just fine ...it’s weird ... trying again with Sour D x (Amnesia x C99)
5D1A8A4C-6570-4CF5-831D-0C06F82225B3.jpeg
F4445D04-0CDC-4194-AB12-9F6297A54AD4.jpeg
0BF05DDA-0260-4C94-B695-03AA530D804E.jpeg

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've been a little under the weather lately. I was going to take pictures 3 days ago, but I forgot. The ones in the Round cloner went boom and looked a week ahead of the other two. The cloner on the right, the seedlings looked further ahead of the seedling in the cloner on the left of the tent. I also trimmed the roots, like how you would top a plant to induce lateral growth.

The seeds I split them into two groups based on the size of the seeds. When I start labeling each seedling, I will use 'L' and 'S' before their number and numbers will start in the 20's

When I checked on the seedlings an hour ago, the seedlings in the cloner on the left and the right have exploded in growth. I now have to start getting ready for transplanting these little ones.

Oh and I've had the light on full power this whole time.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I screwed up several days ago. I forgot to add extra water and the plants drank more then I expected them too, the water level got to low for the pumps to run. I lost about half of the seedlings. I've kicked myself a little since.

The ones that made it where the ones that almost died after transplanting them.

Latest posts

Latest posts