What's new

Ganja D's Outdoor 2011

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea on paper it seems that way...but when you actually see the shit floating around california some days its obvious they are picking at 6-7 weeks..no flush...lazy trim... heatstress...powder mildew....spider mite damage......not alot of guys trying to grow quality to get an extra 500 a unit when they can just take shortcuts and take a lower price....or maybe they are trying to grow good weed but just suck so they let it off cheap....all i know is for every nice smokeable pound i see, theres another 5 mediocre midgrades floating around...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
yea on paper it seems that way...but when you actually see the shit floating around california some days its obvious they are picking at 6-7 weeks..no flush...lazy trim... heatstress...powder mildew....spider mite damage......

Now THAT is horrible!

Makes me wonder who would even bother buying sh!t like that...

Last fall/winter I've seen top quality OD in norCal going for as little as $800/lb last year with $1,200/lb all day long.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn those are ridiculously low prices...was that all the way up in shasta? prices get real low the longer you wanna make the road trip...

i forgot to mention, im in the bay area, so most of the crap i see is mediocre indoors, warehouse weed....alot of the greenhouse coming down lately from up north has been pretty nice quality....definately better than the indoor quality for same ticket...

i still see a fair share of mediocre outdoors but i have noticed a definately increase in overall outdoor quality...definately alot of people getting their shit together..but the best outdoors are usually at least teenagers only things going lower are the popcorn and guerilla packs...

warthog

Bud Candy is not omri listed. Other than that I'm completely organic. Bud candy is not some harsh chemmy stuff and I couldn't be any happier with it. I know lots of people who use molasses,trust me it does not compare. Also with bud candy I only use 2 ml per liter,so less than 8 ml's per gallon. Not bad. I used Bud Candy on my last indoor crop and my collective couldn't understand my secret to how I got Mr.Nice and Headband so frosty. He said it was the best Nice and Headband he's seen.
I'm not trying to be normal or average,Bud Candy is a cost efficient and effective way of making my herb truly stand out.

As far as marketing my soil mix,it's tricky. But yes shortly a company will have a few products that I created. I'm not going to lie,these soil products will change the game for outdoor growers and eventually indoor growers as well.

Glad your enjoying my posts and this thread. Also I read a post you made today about dreaming of growing outdoors to help patients since you were 13. I also dreamed of growing outdoors in Cali before 215 existed. I developed a game plan and with a lot of luck and a lot of hard work here I am. I just tried to be the best person I could be. To be honest,Cali needs less growers,but it needs more growers that care,good luck.:tiphat:
that makes perfect sense.. a great indoor grower whos style is simply remarkable uses bud candy.. hes the only grower that ive seen use bud candy besides you gd, and every harvest he bangs out the frostiest nugs ive seen.. indoors. ive just been weiry about it since its not omri but if what you say is true about the bud candy than it wouldnt hurt to try. good news about the soil, glad to hear.. ive read what ammendments you use and im sure it will be some very special stuff.. creating your own organic soil mix is always the shit;). yeah for now it is all a dream, but i have so much drive in me that i dont think there is room for error... right now is just about putting the wheels in motion. thanks gd:tiphat:

warthog

i agree 100% from the sounds of those bud descriptions from yes4prop215 lol...

from the growers on and off the net that ive met, you can really distinguish which growers have a passion for growing, and which growers are money hungry monsters..

Space Case

Veteran
I've seen good bud grown with Bud Candy, but I've also seen some commercial cash croppers use it and think their bud was premium, even though they were chopping early, spraying systemics in bloom, etc.

I have heard good things about it...but I'm hesitant because of my general stance against Advanced Nutrients...its a principle thing. Although I've never used it personally...

Is Bud Candy's ingredients similar to Botanicare's Sweet, i.e. Molasses, Cane Sugar and MgSO4 (epsom salts)? There has to be a way to naturally supplement something equally as good, if not better, that we can brew ourselves...

How are you feeding Bud Candy? Adding as your carb source for AACT? Feeding directly in your feed solution? Every feeding? I know molasses feeds the microbial life, but can cause bacterial blooms and tends to favor a less diverse herd dominated by a few particular species of bacteria, especially when used in large amounts. Is this not the case with Bud Candy?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i bought some bud candy today says its just magnesium sulfate....swear its pretty similar to botanicare sweet berry....

C

chefro420

When are you using the bud candy? Seriously that much more trich coverage? Maybe Ill give it a try . Have you tried big swell? Been using this with a bunch of lines with great results!

T

TREE KING

Took some nice shots. Here is the Mr.Nice.
It never got to veg much,but sure is beefy. My plan for next year is to run sup lights over my raised beds and plant Mr.Nice clones May 15 from 5 gallon pots. I'll take clones March 15th and take away sup light July 1. That should make some 6+ pound Mr.Nice plants.

Still not a big fan of the smoke though.
picture.php

picture.php
I'll upload some more pictures in a bit.

wow that plant is insane! nice work

toohighmf

Veteran
Always impressed with your threads bro.. Surprised after reading ~shh~ thread about BC vs Dextrose (Panela) vs Molasses vs nada.. you went that route. not gonna bash on it, but there is more than just magnesium sulphate. think of what products were removed from AN's lineup & what they contained. salicylic acid is not organic...

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
i bought some bud candy today says its just magnesium sulfate....swear its pretty similar to botanicare sweet berry....

On the subject of Bud Candy, Ive been using it since it first hit the shelves. I happened to be in a new grow store when the Pacific Northwest rep for Advanced Nutes brought in the first shipment. I had been using Carbo Load and the rep said the BC was the fantastic new and improved replacement for the Carbo. He also said the Carbo would be discontinued. I dont know, I still see the Carbo Load on shelves almost a year later.

Did I see a killer improvement over the Carbo Load as claimed by Mr Rep? No. Of course, I really didnt see a vast improvement with the Carbo Load itself. I think either or something similar is necessary to aid in maximum results during the flower run as both are considered a "stacker" but the key word is "aid". We have to remind ourselves of a few things here:

The nute business is a bazillion dollar a year industry and highly competitive. Most all the big nute manufacturering fellas are offering primarily the same things, just in a different package. There isnt much left, if anything, on the planet that hasnt been discovered organically or created by man himself in a labratory to aid in fatter, heavier, frostier and more potent buds etc. The plant just isnt that sophisticated. LOL

Pretty much all that is left is marketing strategies. Hell, according to the Advanced Nutes dude, the Fox Farm folks used to work for Advanced before scurrying south with a few choice formulas to start their own company. A few slinked away from there to begin Humboldt Nutes. So the rep says. Apparently, the Beastie Bloom, OpenSezme and ChaChing were "offsprings" from north of the border and you wouldnt believe the amount of nute espionage going on between nute companies to find out who's got the latest and the greatest, and how they can get their hands on the formula. It is that competitive.

Here's the bottom line. You buy a Dell, a Mac or HP computer or for that matter even a toaster oven, it doesnt take long to figure out which is good equipment and what is crap. But in the grow game, there are so many variables that make it almost impossible to determine outstanding products vs so so's and whether it's just plain snake oil. Hell, just the strain alone can make you or break you and if you start with junk, nothing you throw at will make it anymore than expensively fed junk! So this gives nute companies a lot of room for making product claims, whether true or simple embellished marketing hype, being the best at doin whatever it was designed to do and yet still be able to leave a lot of us wondering whether is was that or something else we were combining that actually made a difference.

Every manufacturer, distributer and grow store connected to the grow game from timers all the way out to scales know we search for products that will give us the perfect bud and yields beyond our dreams. But fellas, ya still got to know what youre doing. Nowhere on any nute bottle, 1000 watt lite bulb, Smart Pot, bug killer spray or anything else connected to what we aspire to do, is anything that says: "Of course, this product MAY BE only as good as the person using it..."CC

mapinguari

Veteran
Nice one, CanniDo. I'm pretty prone to thinking that "if only I had...X" as we've discussed before.

That, and poverty, and some kinda curiosity, are the reasons I am not buying any bagged soil or bottled nutes (or even much amendments) this year. Instead, I'm making lactic acid bacteria, using that to do bokashi or fermented plant extracts with wildcrafted and garden plants (yarrow, comfrey, nettle, clover, squash, carrots, kale, lettuce, garlic / ginger). (Some of those I did buy.)

Of course, as you point out, it's pretty hard to know if one thing made a difference, and if so, how much. The only thing I know I've achieved for sure is stayed out of the "rat race" aspect of trying to get the best plants possible. In the bargain, I've learned a lot about the plants around me, many of which are also very good for us humans.

Eventually I'd like to know, for myself, whether I can make as good or better quality food for my micro-beasties / plants by myself, or if the 'state of the art' is really worth it.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Nice one, CanniDo. I'm pretty prone to thinking that "if only I had...X" as we've discussed before.

That, and poverty, and some kinda curiosity, are the reasons I am not buying any bagged soil or bottled nutes (or even much amendments) this year. Instead, I'm making lactic acid bacteria, using that to do bokashi or fermented plant extracts with wildcrafted and garden plants (yarrow, comfrey, nettle, clover, squash, carrots, kale, lettuce, garlic / ginger). (Some of those I did buy.)

Of course, as you point out, it's pretty hard to know if one thing made a difference, and if so, how much. The only thing I know I've achieved for sure is stayed out of the "rat race" aspect of trying to get the best plants possible. In the bargain, I've learned a lot about the plants around me, many of which are also very good for us humans.

Eventually I'd like to know, for myself, whether I can make as good or better quality food for my micro-beasties / plants by myself, or if the 'state of the art' is really worth it.

Hey Maps...yea you make some good points. I think we have all relied too long and too much on the commercial hype associated with our profession/craft. Yea, it may take a little more self-educating but most everything the plant needs we can make ourselves.

That being said, that is the perfect world. But the reality is, there are products out there designed to be have steroidal effects on MJ plants and do. When you couple that with sales and using the same idea, well, they fatten up cattle before slaughter for the same reason.

With prices in Ca at mostly an all time low, a lot of the get-rich-quick type growers will continue to synthetically induce the plant for bigger and quicker yields and will unfortunately, continue to turn out green crap. On the other hand, dedicated and conscientious growers will always have a place in the market. It may be a smaller part of the market, but personal product satisfaction comes first with this breed of grower and for this select group, everything after that is academic...Sorry GD for hijackin your thread! CC

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
It all starts with three.
N-P-K.
Where it goes from there is your choice.
:blowbubbles:
P.S. No BC or Sweet for me. Tastes too fruity. Should be nature not nurture for that shit.

G

Ganja D

Here's the deal. I never claim to be the smartest guy in the world. I'm no scientist either. I'm just a person that devotes every second of my life to growing weed from the second I wake up to the moment I go to sleep,then I dream about growing weed till I wake up. Every day.
I would rather buy a product then make it myself in many cases,I'm a busy fucking person and theres only so many hours in a day. I like bud candy,I don't like feeling like I'm being insulted for using it. This thread is for having fun talking about growing weed. This last page is not fun for me. I had 3 teeth pulled today and am already kind of pissy.

Last edited:

Space Case

Veteran
Sorry bro, didn't mean to turn it to that direction...I've just been in the thick of hardcore commercial production around me...its nice to see someone actually care about the product they produce and give real-life testimonials for these products. Rock on bro...whatever you are doing, you are doing something right!