What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Game of Thrones...

Meraxes

Veteran
right like some oval shaped orbit or something. thats definately something to look at. ive explained everything to my kids, but that it seems. the wiki has a lot of it. i just look forward to those days my wife wears that tight khaleesi shirt

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a feeling when Khaleesi goes to look for her Dragons shes going to be captured and locked up..

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Great show. I haven't read the books, but I do intend to.
The lad who plays Joffrey, has done a bloody good job, making people hate him.
Tyrion rocks.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
For people who just have to know, A wiki of Ice and Fire has lots of good family history and the basic storylines, and to be honest, I'm glad I read it, I just would not have been able to wait between the episode two weeks ago, and the week after-without going bananas-after seeing who we now know to be the millers children hung up burnt at winterfell. Interestingly, in the story, the boys were flayed.... I guess murdered burned children is more palatable than murdered skinned children.
I wonder if this season will end with the Red Wedding.
I also really like that Martin is prepared to kill off main characters, totally doing away with the usual arc.

Last edited:
T

toughmudderdave

I will definitely be getting the novels. I find myself going back repeatedly to the novels of "The Masters"..."Foundation", "Dune", LOTR. Maybe this series will be added to that collection. It certainly seems to have the potential.

TexMex McDirt

This may be my favorite series ever on TV. I loved the Sopranos. But they rarely had the balls kill off a main character, only usually fringe characters. This show (and the books of course) will kill anyone. I love that. You never know what the hell is going to happen. No one is safe. The plot could go anywhere. I have not read any of the books. My wife has read them all but that most recent which she just started yesterday. She says the show is really pretty true to the books. I mean they do their best considering the books are each like 9,000 flippin pages. Can't wait till the finale. But I can't believe I'll have to wait another year for more.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Having read the series, I only hope he writes the final book faster than book 5 which took 11 years. If book 6 takes 11 years he may not finish it.
High recommend reading the series, excellent read.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
According to GRRM, he has far more interesting things to do with his time... like watching football. :-(

Meraxes

Veteran
some of those wildlings are bad f'n ass with their bone armor and homemade weapons. feast for the eyes

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When Princess Sansa grows up in 4 more seasons she is gonna be smoking hot. she is only like 16 or 17 now, but you just wait. lol. like that girl from sopranos got hot. I saw here in Entourage. damn.

T

toughmudderdave

some of those wildlings are bad f'n ass with their bone armor and homemade weapons. feast for the eyes

Speaking of the Wildlings, I really like how the character of Osha is playing out. Despite the fact that she initially met the Starks under "less than ideal" circumstances, I think she is honorable and dedicated to Bran.

T

toughmudderdave

One more thing that my son brought up that we totally overlooked. Arya is traveling with Gendry...the "TRUE" heir to the Baratheon Throne as he's Robert's only living son now (he escaped the "purge"). Methinks he may play a greater role in the forthcoming seasons.

Meraxes

Veteran
word is, if something happens to GRRM, the the only other 2 people that know what happens at the end is D.B. Weiss, and David Beinhoff, the producers of the show. supposedly they were given outlines by the man. he reportedly fears being another "Wheel of Time". be advised you should take all that as a grain of salt....