What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Galveston Texas,,,sea isle ????

Green Squall

Anyone know about this area? Got a job offer there non mj related..I know summer is hot not much shade,bugs..But now seems prime time..Need to save some cash up..Hoping for 5 months work or so then decide if heat,tourists ,bugs worth it.....Yeehaw..Feel free to pm me ..might leave Sunday if it works out..Working out job details now[/quote

Unless you got a girl you don't wanna leave behind, I'd go. Sounds like a good job, your boss sounds cool, plenty of water access and a new town is always fun. You just need to be discreet with your weed again lol.

Their renovating an old house in my town, when they lifted it to replace the stilts and part of the foundation, someone went down there with a metal detector and found coins from the 17-1800's plus a bunch of other cool shit, including a clay pipe.

coldcanna

Veteran
Spent a few days in Texas last year and it was awesome, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. And the state is so freaking big you can find a place with any vibe to go see. Austin is way cool, corpus is kinda ghetto but not so much I wouldn't go back. San Antonio is enormous and nice, hill country is super laid back if you want the open range cattle country feel

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
A long time ago (things change) my first job out of college was in Houston. They get smog and the summer heat and humidity is unbearable for me. They have bugs! The people were all super nice and the food was great as I gained 20 pounds. I was in that area less then a year and towards summer I moved on to Wyoming because of the heat. If it hasn't changed too much you should like it down there. Texas is tough on weed though.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Oh my Tejas has swallowed trout!

Perhaps he dropped out of sight and is setting up a huge grow to combat cartel cash...?

p0opstlnksal0t

I moved from Houston up to maine. Galveston is gross. Probably some of the nastiest beach front in america... it has its perks though. Low taxes and no income tax. Not pot friendly though, the pigs there like locking up pot heads. I will never move back down to that hot mess of a swamp. The food in that area is the best I've had anywhere in the US. Texmex is awesome. Also you don't have to worry about Lyme disease ticks in the woods...