What's new

G13 the GMO strain ????

Cheesegez

So what do we all think about the g13 genetics are they modified by genetic engineering that has practice in foods for many years ?

A strong possibility maybe ?

Peace
CG

FireIn.TheSky

What's g13, I know many claim to have it but I have not actually seen anyone show a real g13 clone. My guess is its just a story not based on fact.

If you've seen US government grown weed you'd know it sucks, worse than mexican brick it's nothing youd want to smoke. Besides at the time g13 came into play I think GMOs were far off in the distance and more science fiction than reality.

GoatCheese

Veteran
G13 is not a GMO plant. It's from a traditional hash plant line and you can find similar pheno/chemo types in other regional lines as well, like Tom Hill's X18.

It is well known that Nevil received his G13-cutting from guy called Jim Ortega, who now posts on few cannaforums as 'dogless'.
Here's a 3/2011 post from 'dogless' aka Jim Ortega @ MrNice forums in which he tell's how he/he and his mates sold the G13 for 25000 dollars to a breeder called DrGreenthump.
So thou the story goes that G13 disappeared when Nevil's cuttings died, but it might not be so after all.

I have also understood from what i have read from the internet, that the Pacific-G13 cut Motarebel and Hazeman was/is working with would be the real deal G13; meaning the same cutting Jim Ortega sold to DrGreenthumb and much earlier to Nevil.
..find Pacific's own posts about his/her G13 cutting and you can read-it-in-between-the-lines/come to that conclusion.
dogless aka Jim Ortega said:
Hello my Brothers,
I am here to back a real bro for not disclosing me as his source in obtaining his G13 strain. It is a great pleasure knowing this person for being true to his word.
Dr. Greenthumb has been taking alot of crap for the nickname D/D that I labled some clones that I sold him. It has caused a shit storm at a couple of forums.
I owe Dr. Greenthumb a huge apology for the stress he is probably going thru.
I am apologizing to Dr. Greenthumb here since I have quite a few friends here that know a little about my history growing mj.
As most of you who know me can vouch that I have had the G13 strain since the mid 80's. Nevil can also verify that. And also that I had sold the strain for $25g's to a "canadian breeder" a while back. Btw, the 25g's were distributed to our group who had previously agreed to keep the strain locked down. Had the economy not gone to shit it would have never been sold.
Dr. Greenthumb bought the strain and not just the clone. He decided to make it available to the public in pure form and is basically selling the strain at around 1% of what he paid for it, which is quite a deal.
I would also like to extend my apology to Double D a moderator at another forum for stress he must have for the confusion about my labeling methods.

I also want all my bro's who have sent me pm's that I am answering each and everyone within the next couple of days. The Skunk that you all are after will be available as soon as Nevil decides what he wants to do with the strain as I am leaving it up to him.

Take care my brothers!
Jim

Link to the post:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/95634-post1.html

bluntmassa

G13 is not a GMO plant. It's from a traditional hash plant line and you can find similar pheno/chemo types in other regional lines as well, like Tom Hill's X18.

It is well known that Nevil received his G13-cutting from guy called Jim Ortega, who now posts on few cannaforums as 'dogless'.
Here's a 3/2011 post from 'dogless' aka Jim Ortega @ MrNice forums in which he tell's how he/he and his mates sold the G13 for 25000 dollars to a breeder called DrGreenthump.
So thou the story goes that G13 disappeared when Nevil's cuttings died, but it might not be so after all.

I have also understood from what i have read from the internet, that the Pacific-G13 cut Motarebel and Hazeman was/is working with would be the real deal G13; meaning the same cutting Jim Ortega sold to DrGreenthumb and much earlier to Nevil.
..find Pacific's own posts about his/her G13 cutting and you can read-it-in-between-the-lines/come to that conclusion.

Link to the post:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/95634-post1.html

Unfortunately Nevil never verified that Jim Ortega was able to keep the G13 cut alive but it did help market Reeferman with his $100 per seed S1's. Lol

Only problem is everyone who has grown G13 from Greenthumb has not said she was worth every penny more like they've had better.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G13 is a plant label Row G number 13.. Nothing more or less.. Nev Killed the things that would allow others to get a foot in the door or didn't offer them commercially..

A5 haze being a line you only got from him if you went to see him. Also the Haze cuttings they died because they were tested I assume on various backcrosses and mix's and they produced less quality than their progeny hence why they were sacked off, they were superseded..

There was no govnerment facility with G13. There were trials on soldiers with cannabis and LSD. We're talking military intelligence not line breeding..

The breeds that were above average stayed.. Nev has said that A5haze you would find 8 keepers out of 10 seeds. Exceptional. When he tried to improve things the ratio's dropped to 1 good plant in 16 and it was not noticeably better then the 8 superiour plants in the f1's making the breed pointless..

G13 played it's role in making newworld hybrids. God only knows it's provenance and origins or pedigree.. It's likely bagseed from Afghanistan when Ben went.

People say thet NL5 came from Jim or Greg but that 5 was already superseded by the time Nev got it..

GoatCheese

Veteran
Unfortunately Nevil never verified that Jim Ortega was able to keep the G13 cut alive but it did help market Reeferman with his $100 per seed S1's. Lol

Only problem is everyone who has grown G13 from Greenthumb has not said she was worth every penny more like they've had better.

two things..

How could Nevil possibly verify what plants Jim Ortega and his circles have in their US stock and for how long?! How could he possibly know what cuts Jim Ortega gave to Dr. GT??
Can you verify Jim Ortega DID NOT give the G13 to others? Can you..why not? ..yet Nevil is assumed to be able to.

Second..
Who said that G13 was a wonder-plant in every way??! =not a taste-monster. Without the legend and hype people wouldn't think much of the chemo-type nowadays, except maybe for med qualities.

And the same argument goes for when people wonder why Nevil didn't try to score the G13 back from Ortega, when he lost his in Holland
..well maybe Nevil ddn't think that much of her, dunno.

Peace :)

GoatCheese

Veteran
G13 played it's role in making newworld hybrids. God only knows it's provenance and origins or pedigree.. It's likely bagseed from Afghanistan when Ben went.

Ben Donkers from Sensi Seeds? No.

They say Nevil got the G13 from Oregon, USA.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyway...
G13 is not a genetically modified plant.

Origin stories are irrelevant to the convo.

It would seem that we have a multitude of experts on the subject! I genuinely feel like there are so many users who post a random creative writing 'project' that they feel is real. So like religious fundamentalists the irrationality here is rampant.

sadpanda

apparently the breakthrough new CRISPR gene editing technology is so affordable (got $140?) and easy that it's "within reach of some high school students", so home-based GM hacking could become a reality within a decade or two, and cannabis would surely be a prime target for some (im not saying thats good or bad either way)

Last edited:

bigbadbiddy

That's what's so great about growing your own.

Can just grow some G13 strains from various sources and know yourself what's what.
I personally went with the G13xSkunk and G13xWidow crosses Nevil made. Seems good so far, can't compare it to anything though, yet.

bluntmassa

two things..

How could Nevil possibly verify what plants Jim Ortega and his circles have in their US stock and for how long?! How could he possibly know what cuts Jim Ortega gave to Dr. GT??
Can you verify Jim Ortega DID NOT give the G13 to others? Can you..why not? ..yet Nevil is assumed to be able to.

Second..
Who said that G13 was a wonder-plant in every way??! =not a taste-monster. Without the legend and hype people wouldn't think much of the chemo-type nowadays, except maybe for med qualities.

And the same argument goes for when people wonder why Nevil didn't try to score the G13 back from Ortega, when he lost his in Holland
..well maybe Nevil ddn't think that much of her, dunno.

Peace :)

I do remember a post from Nevil he did say she wasn't too special on her own but she is a great building block strain because of the potency. Certainly wasn't anything about yield like Dr. Greenthumb's supposed G13 S1 for $100 per seed.

Also the story is that the cut died and there was no replacement available not even from Jim Ortega which is why Nevil and Shantibaba made an F3 or 4 G13 x Skunk and selected for G13 dominance which is what they use in G13 Haze, G13 Skunk and G13 Widow.

I'm sure I can find the whole write up about her from Jessie who studied the history pretty damn good and Nevil did have a posts in the thread.

bluntmassa

That's what's so great about growing your own.

Can just grow some G13 strains from various sources and know yourself what's what.
I personally went with the G13xSkunk and G13xWidow crosses Nevil made. Seems good so far, can't compare it to anything though, yet.

I have done a pack of G13 Skunk it was pretty good but I didn't find anything I had to keep but the G13 Haze I have going right now probably still needs a little over a month but damn does that room smell amazing. I'm going to be doing another pack of G13 Skunk and G13 Widow soon from Mr Nice of course. I'd love to try Sensi Seeds G13 x Hashplant AKA Mr. Nice but that price is just outrageous IMO.

bluntmassa

apparently the breakthrough new CRISPR gene editing technology is so affordable (got $140?) and easy that it's "within reach of some high school students", so home-based GM hacking could become a reality within a decade or two, and cannabis would surely be a prime target for some (im not saying thats good or bad either way)

I'd say bad honestly while some GMO can breed some Frankenstein weed we still have no idea what we can achieve in selective breeding as nobody has been able to grow the numbers possible to breed something like we have in the tomatoe seed industry all because of this seemingly endless war!! Especially if they reschedule marijuana that will fuck us so hard. Lol

GoatCheese

Veteran
Also the story is that the cut died and there was no replacement available not even from Jim Ortega which is why Nevil and Shantibaba made an F3 or 4 G13 x Skunk and selected for G13 dominance which is what they use in G13 Haze, G13 Skunk and G13 Widow.

G13 x Haze is an IBL of G13 and Haze, if i remember it right. No Skunk in it like in their G13 Widow.

Their G13SKunk is also actually G13Skunk x Skunk, so not an IBL of pure G13Skunk.

Nevil actually crossed the G13 with both of his Haze males A and C.
Here's a post from Nevil:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/57358-post52.html
Nevil said:
Hi Y. Sam
It looks like somebody changed the order on the labels.
NL5 x HzC
NL5 x HzA
G13 x HzC
G13 x HzA
is what they had if it came from J.
Hope that this clears things up.

So you're growing G13Haze atm? I also have a pack. Take some picks and write a few notes about the grow when you get it done and post it on MRNice forus here.

What i read from a grow thread @MrNice's own forums, is that the Haze-phenos can hermie, so keep watching for those.

I've also grown few G13Skunks, but i wasn't too impressed. Ok-ish but not top notch stuff.
:)

Betterhaff

Veteran
Didn’t YosemiteSam have (or had) an original G13/Haze cut from Nevil. I thought I remember seeing pictures.

J-Icky

My guess about what "G13" is, based on all the stories and everything I've read, is that it was someone who found am especially potent plant that had an unfavorable taste or smell and instead of continuing it with better tasting/smelling plants they just left it and thought of the story trying to blame the government for the taste/smell.
This was a time when the government was covering up all kinds of shady things while making advances in science and technology so of course they knew people would believe the gov was working on this unusually strong weed. The truth is it was probably a breeder or group of breeders that were so focused on potency that they ignored the smell/taste and when they found a plant that was above all others in potency they realized it also was either unpleasant or just lacking in the smell/taste area.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have done a pack of G13 Skunk it was pretty good but I didn't find anything I had to keep but the G13 Haze I have going right now probably still needs a little over a month but damn does that room smell amazing. I'm going to be doing another pack of G13 Skunk and G13 Widow soon from Mr Nice of course. I'd love to try Sensi Seeds G13 x Hashplant AKA Mr. Nice but that price is just outrageous IMO.

The Mr. Nice of today is not what it used to be. I got nothing but thin leafed phenos that were nothing special. Nothing like the '88 G13 x Hashplant that NDNGUY has been preserving. His is bomb ass shit.