What's new

future of seed biz and growshops in canada.....

diffusing

hah, i lol'ed too. good to see chimera back around :)

anyway..

chimera, i guess i got my info from an employee of a major vendor in toronto area, who when asked about the legality, said they do get confiscated occasionally on import, but they send the lawyers and 'always' get the shipments released. something to do with the lack of thc in seeds. but, who knows if that story was even true. guy was probably making 9$/hr stoned off his ass working the counter at the time. glad to see the CDSA ref point. def a better one than the stoned dude at the store.

thx

I guess I can chime in since I own a hydro shop. There's quite a few veriables with hydro shops. Location (certain Canadian locations have high population density and higher market pricing for weed) owner ran or with employees.

If a hydro shop plans to only cater to weed growers they will survive IF they have secondary income, own all stock (ie don't owe anything to the wholesalers and have about $70K in stock) their rent is cheap and have no employees. Also they are happy with making just enough to live on,

If a hydro shop thinks they will survive and be successful and make more then break even point they will have to expand and branch out into different sections of indoor gardening, planted tanks, terrariums, and indoor house plants.

There's quite a few ways to branch out BUT only if you have the time to learn new things and have about 30-50K extra to buy the stock you need with out having to say "I can order that for you and have it this week". You CAN do that once you have dedicated clientèle and are established in each branch.

Hydro stores are in a unique place between nurseries and box store chains. They can sell cheaper than box stores (for example I sell Sushine Mix 4 for $25.50 and Pro Mix for $28.50) and nursery BUT they can cater to basic gardening needs all year round.

The main thing a hydro store has to do it get away from the thinking that having the general public come in and buy will scare away weed growers. They will not go somewhere elase and having the general public shop at your store means you don't have to listen to people bitching at you for making 20-30% mark up while they think you are making insane profits off them.

Usually when I hear bitching a whining about pricing I flip over my computer screen, show then my cost and then ask them if they will sell me their weed for $550 per lb.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
hah, i lol'ed too. good to see chimera back around :)

anyway..

chimera, i guess i got my info from an employee of a major vendor in toronto area, who when asked about the legality, said they do get confiscated occasionally on import, but they send the lawyers and 'always' get the shipments released. something to do with the lack of thc in seeds. but, who knows if that story was even true. guy was probably making 9$/hr stoned off his ass working the counter at the time. glad to see the CDSA ref point. def a better one than the stoned dude at the store.

thx

He's full of shit, seeds are never released from customs. Marco Renda went through with this Customs and Health Canada, and they refused to release the seeds... obviously, because they are illegal! Seeds can only be imported with a license from HC.

See Schedule II :

SCHEDULE II
(Sections 2, 3, 4 to 7, 10, 29, 55 and 60)

Cannabis, its preparations, derivatives and similar synthetic preparations, including
(1)
Cannabis resin
(2)
Cannabis (marihuana)
(3)
Cannabidiol (2–[3–methyl–6–(1–methylethenyl)–2–cyclohexen–1–yl]–5–pentyl–1,3–benzenediol)
(4)
Cannabinol (3–n–amyl–6,6,9–trimethyl–6–dibenzopyran–1–ol)
(5)
Nabilone ((±)–trans–3–(1,1–dimethylheptyl)–6,6a, 7,8,10,10a–hexahydro–1–hydroxy–6,6–dimethyl–9H–dibenzo[b,d]pyran–9–one)
(6)
Pyrahexyl (3–n–hexyl–6,6,9–trimethyl–7,8,9, 10–tetrahydro–6–dibenzopyran–1–ol)
(7)
Tetrahydrocannabinol (tetrahydro–6,6,9–trimethyl–3–pentyl–6H–dibenzo[b,d]pyran–1–ol)
(7.1)
3-(1,2-dimethylheptyl)-7,8,9,10-tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol (DMHP)

but not including

(8)
Non–viable Cannabis seed, with the exception of its derivatives
(9)
Mature Cannabis stalks that do not include leaves, flowers, seeds or branches; and fiber derived from such stalks

1996, c. 19, Sch. II; SOR/98-157; SOR/2003-32, s. 1.

-Chimera

GSPfan

Veteran
So they are definitely illegal but if the government isn't willing to test to see if they are viable then it remains a grey area sort of. I think people are saying that they're legal but what they really mean is that you won't get in trouble.

FNN

What a troll. 2 post pansy. Mods u mind erasing those all the posts here except the first one. Troll here cant stay on topic and its annoying to ask a simple question here now. Is see what medman and everyone else doing their own thing have to deal with....

Sory, I`m not trolling you. I look your post, and they very interesting for me. I just want now what you truly think about legalizing marijuana, and what do after that.
and again sorкy man

S

sourpuss

I respect the balls to apologize:) I never came out swinging.... ill hit anyone back.... no hard feelins

Guess there is no concrete answers.... just keep doing what you do....

fatburt

my brother is a cop and says seeds are not illegal until germed....
i was busted 4 years ago,they took everything but my seeds....i asked why,the detective told me they arent technically illegal..

Might be so but cops are legal idiots in reality.
They don't know wtf they're gonna lay against a person until they crack open their little note books n read what they can do, so I've yet to see any who actually read through all the laws they supposedly "enforce".
Hell you explain to them you know your rights n they start asking you if you're some sort of "lawyer" like it's a derogatory term of some sort, because they hate running into anyone who knows more about actual law than they do.
It's a fact cbsa confiscate plenty of seed which they'd have no reason or right to do if they weren't illegal in the 1st place so why bother thinking anything else.
Do they leave 'em behind sometimes, not bother with seed or shops or w/e sure but they've also missed plenty of other shit that can all just be racked up to being too fuckin lazy or plain n out right stupid to have noticed or known they could use it against a person, or as pointed out just isn't wrth the resources, especially if they've already got something better on a person.

In the end though who cares.
Not like the laws ever stopped anyone or anything b4 when they mattered n weren't crumbling away to an embarrassing remnant of the past.
They won't stop anything else now either, neither will HC's silly little regulations.
The actual markets don't go anywhere until they're not needed anymore.
Is why they're the only true free markets left on the planet, as much of a capitalistic utopia as it's become. lol

Far as green thumb goes, who gives a shit about a single over priced hack anyhow. lol
Just find better Canadian breeders as there's quite a few of them nowadays.

Cheers,..........................................................gps

FNN

I respect the balls to apologize:) I never came out swinging.... ill hit anyone back.... no hard feelins

Guess there is no concrete answers.... just keep doing what you do....

balls for apologize??

that's just little manners.

my friend try himself in this business, and I not shure its good idea. thats why I came in forum, want to help him. Mb i get here some good answers what help me (and my friend) in future.:tiphat:

S

sourpuss

Tax man cares. But how much? Gotta b bigger fish in the tank:) im feeling like its all goona be good in the end. Usually as long as everyone gets their piece they r happy....

S

sourpuss

balls for apologize??

that's just little manners.

my friend try himself in this business, and I not shure its good idea. thats why I came in forum, want to help him. Mb i get here some good answers what help me (and my friend) in future.:tiphat:

Tell your friend to advertise in hightimes:) actually not a joke....

FNN

He says, now 23 st. US legalized marijuana, and thats not end.
many new companies came on this market, and all they shares undervalued. Its a good business for investing, they cost like 50 c. and he says the obvious they grow up. but how long they be grow?...

S

sourpuss

Risk comes reward... medical marijuana is here to stay. Which companys r going to make it? Who knows, your smart to come here to get info tho...

Undervalued in potential yes!! Big time.... gonna b huge...

S

sourpuss

Most efficient design and management team will be key. Most important, above all things considered, I think quality of product will win or have longevity and be profitable.... no one likes being ripped off....

FNN

Risk comes reward... medical marijuana is here to stay. Which companys r going to make it? Who knows, your smart to come here to get info tho...

Undervalued in potential yes!! Big time.... gonna b huge...

ALPCE from Canada. shares cost 51c
but many people say: STOP MARIJUANA, I can be wrong, but thats can stop grow price...
your opinion important for me, do you realy think price will huge???

FNN

Most efficient design and management team will be key. Most important, above all things considered, I think quality of product will win or have longevity and be profitable.... no one likes being ripped off....

reviews important always. shares price very fast change...
and all value important...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We choose to flaunt the law, and we stand by it 100%. We guarantee not only germination, but our client's satisfaction.

Hemp seed is not sold in 10 packs.

Hilarious, I've seen you personally claim seeds are legal in Canada, so don't try and act like you have a clue. It takes 36 hours to prove they aren't non-viable... there's no 'loophole' there hoss. Like I said, the cops don't care to waste the court's time for 10 seeds... VPS has bigger fish to fry than harassing DTES seed shops.

Now don't you have some taxpayer money to grub.. between you suing HC for millions and now your trumped up lawsuit against the cops, you set a pretty weak example for our cause. I'd love to see a statement of claim, but I'm willing to bet there isn't one... just more talk no walk. You should add Canada's most litigious seedmaker to your sig.. it's about as accurate as the rest of the claims. :rolleyes:

Here's a free tip.. there is no easy money, anything worth having is worth WORKING FOR.
~~~

Diffusing, how many of those seed sellers do you think have read Section 2 of the CDSA?
If you are gonna play the game, it's a good idea to read the rule book... or you can just fake it 'till you make it- just ask thaddeus.

-Chimera

i really doubt you have ever been to court for anything or dont have much inkling on the whole process either.

as far as the sig, dont worry more accurate claims are coming, like they always do

med-man

growshopfrank

Veteran

one way to weed out the pump and dump crowd would be to research the company,look at their web presence as well as any "press releases" for exaggerated or simply untrue claims and if you see any move along
rule one should be do not invest any money that you cant afford to lose
this is as highly speculative of a investment as giving some sketchy dude that you just met some cash and hoping that he comes back with that package that he promised...