What's new

future of seed biz and growshops in canada.....

S

sourpuss

Gotta ask, what can Canadians expect to happen to the seed and grow shop businesses in canada as things go medical and legal. As things turn into tax money you can expect pressure from law and everywhere to have all cannabis moneys run thru legal means.....

Dr gt, closing shop in 2015. Who else? R all breeders shutting down? I would expect p3nalties to be severe concerning tax money. Grow shops shutting down?

Do we all need to get our beans and equi0ment now???

FNN

50 percent, no so much=)
you so aggressive says. but what bad in legalizing marijuana business??

S

sourpuss

??? Aggressive? Maybe cause im a construction guy im blunt. Wanna dance for a while first?

S

sourpuss

What a troll. 2 post pansy. Mods u mind erasing those all the posts here except the first one. Troll here cant stay on topic and its annoying to ask a simple question here now. Is see what medman and everyone else doing their own thing have to deal with....

S

sourpuss

Im all for legalizing cannabis. Im not for medical marijuana only. Yeah good first step. Also a good step toward destroying the canadian weed scene. Greenthumb shutting down what more can I say. Is it even related to medical. Looking for answers not trolls.

rolandomota

Veteran
either way you should always make seeds of your favorite or preferred strains. why keep buying the same thing over and over when all you need is one male and female to make thousands or dozens of seeds depending on how much you pollinate. its just smart to do so.

rolandomota

Veteran
you can even try making feminized seed by over-maturing your plants and collecting the male pollen sacks if any come out and use it on other females either other females of the same strain, the same plant by cloning it before or re-vegging it, or crossbreed it to other strains. only thing is some plant

S

sourpuss

Thx rolando, your feminixed seed tips r appreciated, was thinking of doing a cs treatment in the future but might go that way instead:) although Im not a big fem seed fan I got something special atm.

Anyon3 know why greenthumb is shutting down? Guess ill email the guy myself.

I'm not sure what the concern is here.....if marijuana is legalized, will there not be a greater demand for genetics and grow equipment? Regardless of what the laws say, there will never be an issue getting either as hydroponic equipment is not illegal (all those basement tomato farmers) and online seed banks like the Attitude will always be safe and reliable options.

S

sourpuss

I feel like if cannabis becomes a taxabke good. And seed shops are selling cannabis seeds for illegal purposes cause the gov gotta get their taxes for the weed. Seeds may be ok to sell but its obvuous those seeds aint being grown in a lp. Im seeing all seed breeders getting shut down in the future, and anyone not complying, facing serious penalties. Why cause it wasnt about tax money before. How do you justify more demand for seed, when we r supposed to b buying all weed from the lp. Whos making the demand. The lps who have shittons of seed already. Is our world gonna stay the same or is the tax man gonna say wtf? Tax man has the power.... money talks... ever hear of people getting shafted cause they went fishing without paying for a license? Why do they fuck you so bad? Cause your fucking with their money. Get this shit thru your heads people.... you dont think small grow ops take money away? Monopoly is the secret goal of business. Who does the tax man control in this country? Who gets paid by tax man? How do you think tax man can get everyone on board so quickly with medical legalization? :) its already done. There is no fight or war, tax man said yes. Done.

diffusing

a big seedbank in this area just closed their storefront the other day, which surprised me, but they are still doing mail order within canada. So i suspect the seedbanks will still stay in business, just find other ways of distribution to avoid the hassle, what hassle, im not sure, maybe just to save $ on rent. there are no laws against selling seeds in canada, to my knowledge anyway. Growshops wont go anywhere. there were here years before the mmar, they will still be here regardless of what happens. I know i grew tomatoes and peppers indoors this late winter/spring, and it was awesome to get a start on the season for outdoor planting. Why buy produce from a store when you can grow yourself? No reason growshops will go anywhere. period. There is legitimate demand from non cannabis related folks for sure..

my 2cents

diffusing

I feel like if cannabis becomes a taxabke good. And seed shops are selling cannabis seeds for illegal purposes cause the gov gotta get their taxes for the weed. Seeds may be ok to sell but its obvuous those seeds aint being grown in a lp. Im seeing all seed breeders getting shut down in the future, and anyone not complying, facing serious penalties. Why cause it wasnt about tax money before. How do you justify more demand for seed, when we r supposed to b buying all weed from the lp. Whos making the demand. The lps who have shittons of seed already. Is our world gonna stay the same or is the tax man gonna say wtf? Tax man has the power.... money talks... ever hear of people getting shafted cause they went fishing without paying for a license? Why do they fuck you so bad? Cause your fucking with their money. Get this shit thru your heads people.... you dont think small grow ops take money away? Monopoly is the secret goal of business. Who does the tax man control in this country? Who gets paid by tax man? How do you think tax man can get everyone on board so quickly with medical legalization? :) its already done. There is no fight or war, tax man said yes. Done.

if there is nothing illegal about selling seeds, why not simply charge sales tax? problem solved. done. if you are avoiding tax, you are asking for trouble. the laws about selling seeds don't exist to my knowledge, but tax avoidance, is a different beast.. you don't want to do that. but thats what lawyers and accountants are for :)

S

sourpuss

Great answer diffusing. I hope your right and glad you understand what im trying to say. Hopefully greenthumb closing is just coincidence. Honestly cant see the seed business not getting squeezed. But like you say pay the taxes you got nothing to worry about.

Maybe im smoking too much:) just such a mystery as to whats gonna happen. I hope everything just stays the same and the gov gets their medical piece of the pie. Actually I hope the gov can see clearly, and legalize it altogether. Allow small grows and lps for medical. Smaller grows for rec. Lp for medical. Tax the shit out of it all. Im a happy camper... competition will create some of the best cannabis in the world... its what we used to be known for no?

diffusing

Great answer diffusing. I hope your right and glad you understand what im trying to say. Hopefully greenthumb closing is just coincidence. Honestly cant see the seed business not getting squeezed. But like you say pay the taxes you got nothing to worry about.

Maybe im smoking too much:) just such a mystery as to whats gonna happen. I hope everything just stays the same and the gov gets their medical piece of the pie. Actually I hope the gov can see clearly, and legalize it altogether. Allow small grows and lps for medical. Smaller grows for rec. Lp for medical. Tax the shit out of it all. Im a happy camper... competition will create some of the best cannabis in the world... its what we used to be known for no?

well, most countries that have loosened the laws allow 5-6 plants per person (im pretty confident holland and belguim at least. and cali if you are medical). so, hopefully we will at least be allowed that when/if it gets legal here.

the grow stores, charge tax. so they good.

dont worry man, itll all work out in the end. itll only get better from here :) im confident in a few year after next election it will be legal. if they dont allow home growing, like tomatoes, the black market will still exist. and you will still be able to get everything you want either way. But ideally we get the biggest/best genetic seed banks in the world.. there are collectors everywhere. Would be nice anyway :)

S

sourpuss

Nice positive vibe you got:) im hopin for the best... I think Canada should be proud to be home of some of the best pot in the world.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I've posted this over and over on this forum yet the myth still runs free that seeds are legal in Canada, they are not.

I don't know why so many people fail to understand this but possession of cannabis seed in Canada, and the sale of cannabis seed (trafficking), are illegal. The CDSA clearly states that all parts of the cannabis plant, with the sole exemptions of 'mature stalks and non-viable hemp seed', are illegal. That means seeds = marihuana, by the letter of the law.

All shops selling seeds in Canada are flaunting the law, and excuse my bias by you should all support them in doing so. The shops in most cities are relatively discrete about it - those in Vancouver and BC not so much. It's well beyond foolish for the police to harass them though, because the public in BC does not support wasting police and court resources for the sale of 0.2g of marihuana (10 seeds)- consider the ludicrous nature of spending $10,000K in public funds for such bust, it makes no sense, and for that reason alone it's very, very rare that we see charges for seed in Canada.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sell beans in canada as non viable hemp seed

this has always been the loop hole as far as i have known it

med-man

diffusing

I've posted this over and over on this forum yet the myth still runs free that seeds are legal in Canada, they are not.

I don't know why so many people fail to understand this but possession of cannabis seed in Canada, and the sale of cannabis seed (trafficking), are illegal. The CDSA clearly states that all parts of the cannabis plant, with the sole exemptions of 'mature stalks and non-viable hemp seed', are illegal. That means seeds = marihuana, by the letter of the law.

All shops selling seeds in Canada are flaunting the law, and excuse my bias by you should all support them in doing so. The shops in most cities are relatively discrete about it - those in Vancouver and BC not so much. It's well beyond foolish for the police to harass them though, because the public in BC does not support wasting police and court resources for the sale of 0.2g of marihuana (10 seeds)- consider the ludicrous nature of spending $10,000K in public funds for such bust, it makes no sense, and for that reason alone it's very, very rare that we see charges for seed in Canada.

thanks for that info! I have been mislead in the past it seems by local seed vendors. good to know.

thx again

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
sell beans in canada as non viable hemp seed
this has always been the loop hole as far as i have known it

We choose to flaunt the law, and we stand by it 100%. We guarantee not only germination, but our client's satisfaction.

Hemp seed is not sold in 10 packs.

Hilarious, I've seen you personally claim seeds are legal in Canada, so don't try and act like you have a clue. It takes 36 hours to prove they aren't non-viable... there's no 'loophole' there hoss. Like I said, the cops don't care to waste the court's time for 10 seeds... VPS has bigger fish to fry than harassing DTES seed shops.

Now don't you have some taxpayer money to grub.. between you suing HC for millions and now your trumped up lawsuit against the cops, you set a pretty weak example for our cause. I'd love to see a statement of claim, but I'm willing to bet there isn't one... just more talk no walk. You should add Canada's most litigious seedmaker to your sig.. it's about as accurate as the rest of the claims. :rolleyes:

Here's a free tip.. there is no easy money, anything worth having is worth WORKING FOR.
~~~

Diffusing, how many of those seed sellers do you think have read Section 2 of the CDSA?
If you are gonna play the game, it's a good idea to read the rule book... or you can just fake it 'till you make it- just ask thaddeus.

-Chimera

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts