What's new

Funny Pictures Are Funny

brickweeder

Hehe well I lived a privileged enough childhood to have factory made toys but in kindergarten the teachers believed toy guns would make us grow into violent murderers so there was a ban. Fortunately right there on the playground there was an armory just like the one in the pic and we were able to stay strapped. :D
2 of them could be slingshot material if big enough, and with the aid of a flat bicycle tire tube

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hehe well I lived a privileged enough childhood to have factory made toys but in kindergarten the teachers believed toy guns would make us grow into violent murderers so there was a ban. Fortunately right there on the playground there was an armory just like the one in the pic and we were able to stay strapped. :D
I see I fooled you too. Me bad :tiphat:

To you and Brick, that is what kids today would say, or where do we plug it in etc... No imagination. If we didn't have one or, couldn't afford one, we simply made one. That went out the window along with common sense. :)

Nannymouse

My dad talked about being so poor that there were very few toys in his world. He used his mom's wooden thread spools to pretend they were farm animals. They made great piggies. More work to make a cow.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
When I was in grade 1-6, probably 4th grade for me, the custodians put the old piano out on the playground when the school got a new one, I guess. The next recess, the students were on that piano like buzzards on a carcass. Don't ask me where were the teachers, this kind of stuff really happened when I was a kid. The teachers were probably smoking cigarettes somewhere. Many a zip gun, probably 88, zip guns were born on that afternoon. No deaths, no injuries, no lawsuits. Miracle!

brickweeder

I see I fooled you too. Me bad :tiphat:

To you and Brick, that is what kids today would say, or where do we plug it in etc... No imagination. If we didn't have one or, couldn't afford one, we simply made one. That went out the window along with common sense. :)
yep...kids these days wouldn't know what to do with a few baseball cards, a bicycle, and some clothes pins, even if they came in the same package...

Back in the day when kids would leave the house on a sat morning with instructions to be back for dinner, that's when a tree branch made for a great day. Them days are gone, for the most part.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep...kids these days wouldn't know what to do with a few baseball cards, a bicycle, and some clothes pins, even if they came in the same package...

Back in the day when kids would leave the house on a sat morning with instructions to be back for dinner, that's when a tree branch made for a great day. Them days are gone, for the most part.
don't forget the nickle to make a phone call if you were going to be late...

TANO

🍒
Veteran
kcltanfdcz531.jpg

Remember-white-car-black-shit-black-car-white-shit-meme-1295.jpg

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Won't see these on the shelves... LOL

A toy gun that looks more real than a real gun and it actually shoots a plastic projectile. And, if you are lucky enough to have some Greenie Stik M Caps, it almost sounded like a gun.

Holy shit.... really? LOL

I know I put out at least 2 kids eyes with these. Anyone else? LOL

Attachments

• shootingshell45s.jpg
    shootingshell45s.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 43
  • shootingshells.jpg
    shootingshells.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 40

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

Yassir! :) or, drum roll please, sending us to the movie at school on Sunday afternoons. Who the heck did they think they were fooling? and... if it was nice outside, that is wear you spent your days. Headed to the park with your bat ball and glove.

No problem getting a game going... our parents were all on the same channel. Yeah! The community looked after each other, oh Mr so and so, please don't tell my paw. The community raised the children of the future. The good old days... I am simply grateful I am in the twilight of my years. As I simply refuse to assimilate myself into I'm not sure how to call it. Oh, yeah, "today's society". Give me a break...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
my bad, hard to tell on the net when someone is pullin ur leg...first thing I did was go through all the branches to ID the makings of a slingshot...
We perfected the potato canon LOL, kids. We collected a bunch of tomato paste cans (the 5 ouncers) Instead of the std 2 divsions, we did 3 divisions to increase compression, and fire golf balls from tree fort to tree fort. We knew they were going to be powerful, hence why we had our buddies older brother weld the cans together. No, we didn't wear helmets neither. We gave up after we saw what a golf ball did to our forts. Kids, LOL.

brickweeder

We perfected the potato canon LOL, kids. We collected a bunch of tomato paste cans (the 5 ouncers) Instead of the std 2 divsions, we did 3 divisions to increase compression, and fire golf balls from tree fort to tree fort. We knew they were going to be powerful, hence why we had our buddies older brother weld the cans together. No, we didn't wear helmets neither. We gave up after we saw what a golf ball did to our forts. Kids, LOL.
kids will be kids

brickweeder

wait...what was the propellant?

Latest posts

Latest posts