What's new

Fucking rat in my mom room...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Navigator330 said:
I would kill the son of a bitch and hang him on a stick in the room so all his lil' rat family know not to mess with your shit again!

The family would most likely eat him!
Rats carry pests and diseases so always dispose of them hygienically!

We had some trouble with a mo-fo-mouse (and his click) a while back,, systimatically they were stripping a strawberry diesel male of its stems outside. :noway:

With mice and rats a strict program of trapping is the only real way to control them. Shooting also helps away from the traps. As someone else already suggests,, Where there's one, there are ten!

Remove their food source and they will move on! (if their food source is now your plants,, then sorry yo f^&%$! )!

1.77 calibre rounds work best ,, (aim for the head),, handle arms with safety!

Happy shooting / trapping :D

peace
dLeaf :joint:

"harm not unless it doheth harm unto you,,, and your ganja plants!"

Last edited:
M

Microwido

This reminds me of a time when I had 10 plants growing at a buddies farm. Deer fucking ate all but one plant! They were like bright purple and orange, the best looking bud i have ever seen, eaten by some extremely high deer.

T

trich-zilla

Nothing more last night was taken down between 2am and 6am, but, honestly, I'm afraid to go in there tonight. I'm days away from pulling so he's helping I guess, but I worry about my next crop.

38831IMG_0200-thumb.JPG

38831IMG_0202-thumb.JPG

38831IMG_0203-thumb.JPG

Fuck me.. ya know? :badday:
38831IMG_0197-thumb.JPG

Smoke68

I do know... that is pretty fucked...
At least it appears that you have quite the harvest to be had anyways;)
I'll trade ANY and ALL of my seedlings for that bud room lol. In fact... if you trade me now, I'll even throw in my car. ROFL.

Go buy some LYE.

It is a powdered drain cleaner and it is cheap and the best part it is deadly.

When the little rat bastard and his homies walk across the powder, they will lick their paws or get the powder on their grub and then eat it. Once that happens, they are fucked. That is when you can bash skulls as they convulse. The shock of this treatment will send ripples out his rat ass and through the grapevine.

PS...if your cat or dog or basically anything with a heartbeat ingests this shit, they are fucked as well.

PSS...make sure you wash off your plants as well....Rat piss is causing cancer somewhere in some laboratory on this rock.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
Navigator330 said:
I would kill the son of a bitch and hang him on a stick in the room so all his lil' rat family know not to mess with your shit again!
its a damned good thign i read thorugh the thread,. cuase this is EXACTLY what i would do. of course i would hang the lil shit upside down on a cross on the door of teh grow.

or maybe cut the head off and toss it into an active rat hole, righ tat the entrance , so they know !!!
oh man i would have been flippin out.

ondalow

the best thing to do is get a cat i had a similar situation in my warehouse had to get 2 cats to take care of the problem for some reason rats and mice are definatly asttracted to mj plants

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FRIENDinDEED said:
its a damned good thign i read thorugh the thread,. cuase this is EXACTLY what i would do. of course i would hang the lil shit upside down on a cross on the door of teh grow.

or maybe cut the head off and toss it into an active rat hole, righ tat the entrance , so they know !!!
oh man i would have been flippin out.

This would only add to the problem!!

Rats are cannibalistic!!!!

Hope this helps
peace
dLeaf :joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
I used to plug off invasive mice in my grandparents basement. yea it sucks having them scratch the walls and eat my trees(yep it happened),but once I found out the general area they were comine from or going to, I laced it with traps and in one night got 3 of em in the same spot. just put traps in your grow room like the other person suggested. you KNOW it keeps going there, why look anywhere else? besides, if it dies on your and then you find it, have fun scraping up that rotting matted fur on the floor(had that happen too). good luck :joint:

peterpan

Veteran
They make a item you plug in and it makes some kind of noise that rodents dont like. I used in my old house when we had some rats[you never have just one] they leave a trail that the others follow. But anyway the thing really works because a few days later I started seeing dead rats around the house that cats were killing and never had a problem with them again. Its worth I try because its hard getting them all. Even if you get the one in your house its just a matter of time before another finds the trail and it starts again.

T

trich-zilla

peterpan said:
They make a item you plug in and it makes some kind of noise that rodents dont like. I used in my old house when we had some rats[you never have just one] they leave a trail that the others follow. But anyway the thing really works because a few days later I started seeing dead rats around the house that cats were killing and never had a problem with them again. Its worth I try because its hard getting them all. Even if you get the one in your house its just a matter of time before another finds the trail and it starts again.
I've had one in there since I started growing... it still doesn't work.

Ladies and gentleman, it's gone. The poison was it's demise, and, between harvest and the next crop going in (clones are already ready... 300 :jump: ) hardware cloth will go over all intakes, under the door or anywhere I can find. Unless one is trapped in there, which there isn't, there's no way in unless I bring it in.

Still funny to me though.. damn rat mother fuckers :fsu:

I had a similar problem in a place I used to live. I put out the classic spring loaded traps and I put out poison.

They would come out and zoom right through my mine fields of traps and poisons with out even stopping.

I handled it they way you were trying, hunting them.

I used my .177 Crossman co2 pistol with pointed hunting pellets.

In 3 days I shot and killed 7 mice trying to get in my garden. Never saw another one.

You got lucky the poison worked and you didnt have to dispose of the body, when you hit these things in the head with a pellet they bleed alot. Big mess to clean up.

If you do have to shoot one keep a trash bag handy and scoop him up as soon as you hit him or in 2 minutes he will be sitting in a puddle of blood.

I taped cardboard over the hole they were using to get in after the first night, they chewed it open on the 2nd night and came back in.

I found that using steel wool to stuff the holes with/cover the holes and tape it on would keep them from chewing back thru the same hole.

Now that you got him maybe sealing the holes will keep any others out, but keep that pellet gun handy if not.

Good Luck! :wave:

T

trich-zilla

fulltimehuman said:
maybe you should rename one of the plants "Willard's Wonder."
Fuck... why not? Everyone else is! My afpaks I paid out the ass for ended up being a shitty master kush cut that's been going around for years.. we've tossed out a mom of it twice.. :fsu:

scifreak69

peanut butter, a stick, and a bucket of water
works when we are camping why not in the house
put pb on end of stick place over bucket of water leave stick loose and wavy
when rat gets to the pb at the end it should fall in the water and then death
and you still have plants:)

kurdunkle

ive had rodent problems in the past too. turns out they are mostly just thirsty. Mice and rats chew on the plants to drink the juices that pour from them. i tried trapping the army of mice but it didnt work. a few small bowls of water placed around my plants solved about 95 percent of the damage. maybe it would work for you too.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
The Iceman said:
catch him alive and stick an M-80 up his ass...outside of course as you don't need guts in your mom room....definitely make him/her SUFFER for his/her sins! Wow I'm pissed for ya... drop me a pm if it destroyed something that you cant get back bro

thats harsh man...:)

like your much better. You wait until she is in her prime, then you kill her and set her on fire. Both are tragic deaths...but an m-80 up the ass has got to be the harshest of them all. lol

A rat is a rat...at least he has good taste :) Most rats get garbage at best...this guys been eating like a king. :spank:

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
FUck that was a funny thread man!!!!lol!!! I mean... damn.. i feel for ya, fuck i havent luaghed like that inawhile the responses were just excellent.... The part with you hunting the lil bastard with a pellet gun though..... lol... funny shit guys!!

T

trich-zilla

No more damage.. What can I say? Every grow has it's problems, this one was both fucked up and amusing at the same time.

That rat mother fucker got what he deserved, and got my homies some early smoke. The master is excellent. Horribly low yielding, but great high and flavor. We considered tossing this mom, as has been done twice before, but we'll hang on to it.. Possibly use it as a way to keep rats from chewing down the rest of the crop :laughing: