What's new

FUCKING RAIN!

northstate

ICMag Donor
Way to clog a thread there emilyC, hope thats not pointed at me. (I work my ass off) Not out of the ordinary but a few forceful storms to close the door quick is all this is about, not insulting people regardless of their skill level. Are most of your plants pushing ten feet?NS

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

How many are going to wait it out in the PNW?

Looks like above the Oregon Border north is looks like a bit a rain for you.

Here in the lower triangle, the NWS has an expected 1" total over Sunday/Monday.

I am waiting, the girls are bulking up nicely. The trichs say they are done so its chop time soon.

Pray no mold or PM.

Good luck all.

minds_I

I chopped 80% of my one garden 2 days ago using the Twister trimming machine. That machine works a charm! At $1200 a day, I was hoping to do it all, but the machine showed up an hour late.

I found a bit of mold on the biggest colas of my Blue Dream, caused by last Friday's rain, but not too much.

I have to let the rain happen tomorrow, and chop my other garden on Tuesday.

Not enough time and man-power to chop this next garden in time. Weekends are bad at this location, neighborhood people are home.

talktosamson

Veteran
Two of my biggest snapped at the base and went down along with their cages. Sucks, but at least they were some of the furthest along.

Lost 4 last night, wind ripped them right out of the ground...cage and all. Snapped my bamboo poles and ripped my trellis netting. If I dident know better I would say attempted rip?

JohnnyATL

Veteran
damn samson! that sucks man, in the high desert we get huge windstorms but mostly in the spring. 50mph sustained.

k+++

full time daddy
Veteran
It's been hit or miss around these parts, mostly hit. Horti-net and emergency twine has been crucial. Bought a nice gas powered leaf blower for mid morning drying. Looking good though and stay safe everyone!

leaf blowers are the only way to go :laughing:
we net every 1 foot of growth in the season and wrap the whole plant as they show signs of flower very few arms where lost mostly small scraps

theJointedOne

Veteran
DEP FTW! seriously though. I did lose one to falling over cage and all. Took some hits, but the work dont stop and we keep kicking ass. I love weed

geo1

when it comes to rain, the heavier the better it seems, the plants can take a bit. Drizzle or mist and its game over, just lost half a big BC Coastal haze to morning mists with sunny days. Took a week of rain and only a tiny bit

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im very sorry to hear that geo1.
I know exactly what you mean. Its almost impossible to grow in a swampy area in our neck of the woods. Can almost guarantee bud rot and powdery mildew.
Even growing in nice, sunny dry spots, a few drizzley days, and budrot sets in faster than mold on cheese.
I think growing OD's is alot more stressfull than growing ID's, with the temps and humidity being a tossup every year, plus every other unpredictable terror your plants could face in the wild. Any bud harvested from an OD plant is a good harvest.

Bongstar420

I believe Ive recently seen about two pounds just get absolutely soaked in the recent PNW rains- its still out side as of 10/4. I still havent seen an an eights worth of mold get removed from the total of it. Ironic, its even been flooded out. The moisture and humidity couldnt be any higher. I think the grower has a good technique because them buds I saw were solid. Im surprised as I was predicting mold salad with the weather we are havin.

cannasaur

we have lost about an oz due to some bud rot (grey bud mold) due to these fucking rains. mostly on the buds that are about a calf muscle thick....mr. nice is the strain. all the other strains are rockin on without mold problems....

nappybutbald

@cannasaur.. I feel your pain between the caterpillars and grey mold botrytis my granddaddy and my AK47 is about half lost it did not affect my white widow at all 6 out of 9 are infected so damn close to harvest. I had to use a nasty chemical captan fungicide to stop the mold so i have wait till that nasty shit has dissipated before i can harvest in 22 days Halloween.

Latest posts

Latest posts