What's new

fuck...busted

whodi

Veteran
why didn't they wanna go after the guy in TN, also? Makes me think they were onto this guy and they've been monitoring his mail

Blckbrd

Just curious how you know if you have a good lawyer or a shitty one? Please don't tell me by the price tag.

REPUTATION. Not cool advertisements or other self promotion. Call the court clerk or better to go in person, ask around with a question like "if it were you or your family, who would you go to?" You'll be surprised at how few names will quickly rise to the top.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
if you grow and he knows it you might want to think about your security ,ya never know what someone will say when being charged

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Hmmmm. My girlfriend recently sent a package to California with one gram vacuum sealed along with some christmas presents (stuffed animals, toys etc). They got it but.. the package showed up with no note or anything just a retaped (obviously opened) box delivered with no ganja. My guess is that it got stolen by a worker. This makes me a little more nervous. Although a gram is probably nothing to worry about.

I'd be interested in knowing which county it was in as well. Although I don't know of that could be too revealing for his case.

ddrew

Veteran
Already said it was his huh? Too bad.
I would have said nothing and made them prove I sent it, CSI the fucker, fingerprints, hand writing analysis, etc...
Sounds like he got spooked into fessing, typical, hope it works out for him.

Tuggo

It sounds like Whodi is right. SelfHemployed you're right a gram is nothing to worry about, but since they snagged it they will be waiting and watching for any more packages. That way when they do knock on your door there is nothing to discuss. No snitching necessary, probably what happened to op friend.

Danimal, if you get any packages from said friend, don't open it send it back asap. Don't know if it will help, as the key to dealing with USPS inspectors is to never get them on your trail in the first place but worth a shot.

Last edited:

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
It sounds like Whodi is right. SelfHemployed you're right a gram is nothing to worry about, but since they snagged it they will be waiting and watching for any more packages. That way when they do knock on your door there is nothing to discuss. No snitching necessary, probably what happened to op friend.

Danimal, if you get any packages from said friend, don't open it send it back asap. Don't know if it will help, as the key to dealing with USPS inspectors is to never get them on your trail in the first place but worth a shot.

True words^^ I forgot to state though that she sent it fedex not usps so not quite as relevant.

robbiedublu

In an effort to clamp down on marijuana growers using the U.S. Postal System as a means to distribute their harvests, the United States Postal Service, in conjunction with the Drug Enforcement Administration and local officials, have constructed a "Drug Package Profile" to alert postal employees to suspicious mail. The mail profile focuses primarily on the following characteristics:
* size and shape of the package;
What "size and shape" of package is most likely to contain illegal drugs ?
* package heavily taped to close and seal all openings;
Go stand in line at the post office and look at the packages people mail and pick up. A lot of them are "heavily taped"
* hand-written labels;
Almost every parcel mailed by an individual versus a business has a hand written label.
* unusual return names and addresses;
What, like Sin C Mellia ?? If you're that stupid you should be sterilized after you're busted.
* unusual odors coming from the package;
Seems like a reasonable criteria
* fictitious return addressee;
How do they know a fictitious return addressee? Unless you make it totally obvious.
* destination of parcel;
Not sure how that would matter.
* multiple packages sent to same address, but to different persons
Seems like it might be a reasonable basis for suspicion depending on how many packages you're talking about
* packages mails to arrive for delivery on a repeated basis.
Too many reasonable explanations for this to list.

hemp23

Hmmmm. My girlfriend recently sent a package to California with one gram vacuum sealed along with some christmas presents (stuffed animals, toys etc). They got it but.. the package showed up with no note or anything just a retaped (obviously opened) box delivered with no ganja. My guess is that it got stolen by a worker. This makes me a little more nervous. Although a gram is probably nothing to worry about.

I'd be interested in knowing which county it was in as well. Although I don't know of that could be too revealing for his case.

I know a kid that works for Fed-Ex. He says he can easily spot people that are trying to send shit. He says by the way they look and how they act. Then he just opens that shit up and takes whatever. I think the most he took was a QP.

L

LolaGal

usps is the most popular and safest to ship .

Priority Mail, which is often used for shipping tobacco, is sealed against inspection. Therefore a federal search warrant or consent would be needed to open these packages. Unless the mailer voluntarily discloses that a package contains nonmailable matter, generally the only way to determine whether it contains unlawful contents is to open the package.

Well I'll be!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the interesting and informative post.

Most interesting factoid I've learned in months. Hmmmm....

I can't understand why anyone would put a return addy on it.

Molson

I can't understand why anyone would put a return addy on it.

False names/sketchy addresses (abandoned properties) can also be red flags. IMO, it's best to have the package as 'normal' as possible (legit addresses, etc). I'd be weary about sending anything through the mail these days though, at least in the US.

Tuggo

usps is the most popular and safest to ship .

Priority Mail, which is often used for shipping tobacco, is sealed against inspection. Therefore a federal search warrant or consent would be needed to open these packages. Unless the mailer voluntarily discloses that a package contains nonmailable matter, generally the only way to determine whether it contains unlawful contents is to open the package.

Even if this is true, there are multiple ways around it. Not saying its not true, just never heard of a warrant needed. I still believe usps is the safest way just be smart about it.

Sorry Lola:comfort:

He admitted it... haha oh God.

I would have just been like, "Are you kidding? Someone obviously just used my name and address. Nobody would be dumb enough to use their real name."

whodi

Veteran
Also, how does your friend look? If he dresses or looks a certain way they might profile him.

was it a box package or what?

D

danimal7

He admitted it... haha oh God.

I would have just been like, "Are you kidding? Someone obviously just used my name and address. Nobody would be dumb enough to use their real name."

poor kid must have been like a deer in the headlights

I know a kid that works for Fed-Ex. He says he can easily spot people that are trying to send shit. He says by the way they look and how they act. Then he just opens that shit up and takes whatever. I think the most he took was a QP.

People must not know how to act cool...I have heard several people tell me they have successfully sent genetics, buds, clones, etc and none ever had a problem. My guess is the dude might spot a few people here and there, but for every one he gets he misses 20 others. Good thing too b/c I find what he's doing quite despicable.