What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Carraxe

Veteran
Some of the Senegal Black females. Still growing their own version of foxtailing.

Some are more savage:

and other have more resin and a different shape. Look at the red stems:

Still some weeks to harvest. They are near 9 weeks now.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've taken some pictures. They are now at 10 weeks.

Tijuana. The great sativa of unknown origin, probably breed in Holland with Mexican plants. Tall and resinous. She'll be ready in one week.

And this is just one of the Senegal plants. They aren't all the same since the bud structure is different, but all of them have resin and a very natural odor. They must be great outdoors, here indoors they are a bit tricky, take much time and get very tall.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I'm vaping some Ghana plants I discarded and cut with just about 11 weeks. After 5 weeks curing they look like this:

They do have resin and the smell of that sticky resin after I shred the flowers is difficult to describe. It is obviously different to anything else. Taste is subtle, but they got me a little high.

Let's see in another month of curing.

Cheers

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I'm vaping some Ghana plants I discarded and cut with just about 11 weeks. After 5 weeks curing they look like this:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62524&pictureid=1835378&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62524&pictureid=1835377&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

They do have resin and the smell of that sticky resin after I shred the flowers is difficult to describe. It is obviously different to anything else. Taste is subtle, but they got me a little high.

Let's see in another month of curing.

Cheers

Looks very good, but its cheap for only €2,- :laughing:

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the Mexican a sailor brought years ago. It is now near 13 weeks, and looks very authentic.

I had more seeds, but this was the only that popped. I have some more and I think I'll plant them soon. I'm liking this plant.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Tijuana with more than 8 weeks. Despite all the mites and mistreatment she gets, she still looks like the pretty slender girl she is. Very sativa looking, but at the same time quite fast and productive. I think she will match very well with the Mextiza males.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Tijuana and La Bella with a little more than 8 weeks. I think Tijuana will be a great match for my Mextiza males, because she is similar to Mexican weed. Stinky. La Bella, coming from African genetics, has got a very subtle floral tone.

Tijuana (left side) and La Bella (right side). 3l pots, the stick measures one meter.

This is La Bella, that is very fast and very resinous. Airy buds.

And this is Tijuana:

I have pollinated both plants with my Old Mextiza males, so I'll know how they pass they traits to the descendants, and which one matches the best.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
One of the plants I love. Authentic Mexican brought by a sailor. Very airy buds, packed with resin. It's got the creamy lemony scent with an aromatic laurel-rosemary background. So I think it will match perfectly with my Mextiza. 13 weeks.

I've just planted the seeds I had left, and some Zipolite from Bodhi.

Cheers

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very nice colas! You are going to have a nice selection of satties for a nice smoke session with the Mextiza, Bella, Tijuana, Mexican, Ghana and so on!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice projects you have there Caraxxe! :)

Mextiza is a nice cross for sure. Im happy that i was able to save my super fast Mextiza, this pheno is ready to harvest after just 7 weeks. It's funny, cause it's faster as the Top44 i've grown in the past, and there is no indica inside.

Will hit the Mextiza with some Oaxaca79xOaxaca12 Finger pollen when there is a male. Would also like to pollinate the Mextiza with a Oaxaca79 Skull Male from Vermontmans Oaxaca line. Mexican weed is what i need. hehe

Good luck!

Carraxe

Veteran
I planted many Mextizas during the last years, and I found slightly different phenos. Now I select the plants for the aroma, trying to keep the original citric-honey cream. I didn't find any 7-weeker I liked, the best were usually 9 weekers.

If I want to keep the strain and remove genetic defects, I think the Mexican I showed is the more similar one in terpenes and effects, although after years of selection (and a little bit of Skunk) Mextiza became a 9 weeker. This is going to be the tricky thing.

How are these Oaxacans?

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I'm growing the last batch of Mextiza F2 I made some years ago. Germination is low, but I expect to find some nice females to keep going. And some males to pollinate the wonderful sativas I have... Tijuana, Bella, AngolaxSenegal, Senegal Black... I keep 2 different Mextiza lines, but I think I'll mix them in the next generation.

And these babies are the result of my first Ghana cross. I mixed a Ghana male with a Jack Herer Mextiza female. This is the only I got, the Mextiza Ghana cross didn't worked so I'll have to pollinate again, but with selected parents this time.

I am eager to see their evolution, I hope that the Jack Mextiza will intensify the spicy spirit of the African Ghanaian strain.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Fresh blood for this old genetics based in Oaxaca '79. The best sativa ever. I've just collected the seeds. Let's see how it combines with these two elite strains, very known by sativa lovers in Spain: La Bella, a work based in African genetics, and Tijuana, a special sativa of unknown origin.

Fresh seeds from the best sativa genetics, coming from very different origins. A lot of hybrid vigor (heterosis). Very cool
indeed.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Old Mextiza females after three weeks flowering, just pollinated with pollen from selected Mextiza males. Tall, thin and slender as usual.

Cheers

SumRandomGuy

The Ghanaian strain takes almost 4-5 months. Selectively bred with a Shri Lankan strain. Then phenotype hunted the 50 offspring I grew for the tastiest and fasted flowering offspring. This is now at f5. Collected seeds not from seed banks i.e. folks with feet on the ground in country. Still long flowering time but down to 12-15 weeks... not 18-20+. Have to upload some pics. Bud density still sucks we call the offspring "fox". Added a little of another land race sativa strain to increase density...

Carraxe

Veteran
The Ghanaian strain takes almost 4-5 months. Selectively bred with a Shri Lankan strain. Then phenotype hunted the 50 offspring I grew for the tastiest and fasted flowering offspring. This is now at f5. Collected seeds not from seed banks i.e. folks with feet on the ground in country. Still long flowering time but down to 12-15 weeks... not 18-20+. Have to upload some pics. Bud density still sucks we call the offspring "fox". Added a little of another land race sativa strain to increase density...

Did you get any of the spicy spirit of the Ghana in the progeny?

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the first cross I made with the Ghana strain. A female Jack Herer Mextiza (JHM) crossed with a Ghana male. Since JHM is very aromatic, fast and resinous, I hope Ghana taste will be increased and maturation time will be shorter.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the female I selected between a bunch of Senegal Black. 6 weeks flowering, quite a Sativa experience. I'd like to take her to 14 weeks but I don't think I will, If the cuts I took don't root I'll have to reveg her without harvesting.