What's new

From milking cows to milking the system, Watch me turn my barn into a 7kw-8kw machine

Guys I'm the worst! Most everything is finally done but still no new pics. Its been on average -17 here lately so I haven't been motivated to go out there and take pics and I never think of it while I am working. Its warming up some so I will get to it soon!

dj.scotfree

Sounds like you've been working hard! I can't wait for the pictures but the best part is waiting for the suprise!!! Keep up the great work............. s.free

stoney419

Looking O I mean reading great I would run an MLC4 to control the lights the 220 wire goes to it then the ballast plug in it and a 110 trigger cord plugs in a timer to turn the lighs on and off ilike to plug the trigger cord in to a high temp shut down in case the air takes a shit this summer especially with those 1000s they can save a whole room

Last edited:
OK I have a little time here at work to update you all some. So I finished "most" of the heavy work this last weekend just a few things here and there but for the most part the rooms are built!!!! This has been the most frustrating thing I ever did no joke its taken 3x's as long as I thought and cost about 3x's what I thought lol. I was hoping to have the first crop half done by now but that didn't quite work out like how I planned. This was a dirty, nasty, cold, and LONG project but now I finally see the light(hopefully about 8000 watts of it) at the end of the tunnel. It kind of sucks cause the plants I had stashed somewhere else were stressed to hell so I am babying those back up now in waterfarm buckets to get ready to take a ton of clones so that's going to push me back another week at least. They are under 2000 watts now so they should start bushing out pretty quickly. I am finishing a bunch of stuff tomorrow trim,paint,insulating one wall left over, melamine(sp?) up on one wall, and shelves and stuff built. So this weekend should be spent filling the veg room up WEEEEEEEEE!! I will take pics of the progress(cross your fingers I know haha) before I start tomorrow and then the near finished product after this weekend. After all this I will have to move you all to the grow diaries forum and just leave this one for anyone with questions on the actual construction of things!! '

On a sidenote these rooms are so insulated it gets piping hot in the veg room when we shut the door so I am not too worried about heating with the lights I think they will be sufficient. I am still not sure what I will do in the bloom room during lights out time. Its looking like I will have to go with some kind of electric heater for the dark period as much as I hate to do it. I am still brainstorming how I can move hot air back and forth between rooms as needed I love the idea of those plc's but I just don't have extra funds to spend on everything right now. Anyways I am done for now I apologize to everyone for not being as diligent with my updates as I should have I hope you all still learned something from this!!

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I've found that radiator style heaters are much better than the forced air heaters. Plus, the ones I get are made of steel, so they can be hung with chains if you need to keep them out of the plants way.

Plus, the front panel is easily removed for convenient remote mounting.

If you want to move the hot air from the grow into the veg, try getting a simple duct booster fan, and hook it up to a temperature control. The one made to go with the suncourt duct booster fans is called a duct stat I believe. Mount the duct stat in the flower room, and the duct fan coming from the veg area will stay on until the set temperature is reached. Get it done for, say, about $50.

Hi Nite! - Im one step ahead of you I actually purchased a couple of those radiator heaters already one is the Digital Honeywell model then I found a Delonghi one with a manual timer. I like the manual timer better but the one I got doesn't heat as well as the Honeywell one. I found ones similar to the nicer one with a manual timer so I am going to get one of those.

As far as the ductstat and all I already have one of those I don't really like them though the temp settings are not that accurate but what you are saying is pretty close to what I am going to probably end up doing. I have some squirrel fans that I will set up with some kind of temperature activated switch. My big thing is I have a smaller room in between the two big rooms so I am just debating in my head and most efficient route.

MedGuy510

I've got a cheap idea to recycle your heat, but I'm not sure if it will work with what you are trying to so just read and if it is inline with your plans, great!

If you run hot air, the kind created by hot grow lights, through a large highly insulated container of gravel during lights on, the gravel will soak up all the extra heat and retain it for a good while after lights off. If during lights off you want to keep your room warm you could shoot that hot air in the gravel box back into the room.

Ok its late so I am just uploading some pics for you guys first then commenting tomorrow.
album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Barn Growin man,

looks like a LOTTA WORK brother... looks like you still have alotta work left.... BETTER GET MOVIN, TIMES A TICKIN!!! Im really lookin forward to seeing your equipment and plant setup...

tick tock tick tock...

LW

2buds

I would recommend using something to keep your pots up off the concrete so your roots don't get to cold if your doing soil. The heavy gauge pond liner makes a great floor, tough, durable and when you start watering, it doesn't matter what ends up on the floor. I laid out the liner and ran it up the walls about 6-12". At the entry door I nailed up a small piece of plywood (6" tall" to attach the liner to. Large puddles will help create humidity which is great in vegging but can be detrimental in flowering. I bought up some of the black plastic shelf units and used the ventilated shelves on the floor so when I water I get good run off. I have a small fan mounted near the floor aimed at the floor that runs 24/7 to speed up the evaporation process of my standing water. Some wall mount oscillating fans will be your friend during flowering.

Looks great man, lots work in there with even more money. Stay safe. Tell no one.

Personally,
I'd bring it online in stages, get a feel for your environment. You'll find bugs that you thought you had planned for and that is just part of it all. Get ready for the fat power bill too, that's why I would start it in stages.

Peace

PS..I use a Rainbird sprinkler system timer to run my lights. It hasn't let me down yet. I know everyone loves the manual timers but I wore out 2 new ones real quick so I wired up teh sprinkler timer along with some 24v relays and it takes care of lights and a timed co2 dispenser. I have another wired to water things if I have to go out of town. Plan for that now, not 3 days before the family wants to go to the beach.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Sounds good so far, are you going to do air cooled hoods and ac? Or just big ac and co2? How many lights?

What's your target production per month?