What's new

Frisian Dew in the Big Greenhouse

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's very easy to get mold in a green house with big plants with big buds. you might consider putting some simple extraction in to help on rainy days when you can't open the roof but the rh is high. luckily FD is very resilient and does not show mold as it's made four central euro climate

chak-ra

Veteran
Thanks guys!

@ B: damn right you better be back! :D
@ VnO: Thx man!

@ Gaius:
Exactly! We knew beforehand mold was going to be a problem. So we use half of the greenhouse that doesn't have any plants in it to absorb the exessive moisture that the plants will release when they are big. The soil absorbs the moisture from the air. The rest will exit through the roof. We are however going to add extra fans to make sure there isn't any static air. Circulation is very crucial to prevent mold. We also have a big heater which can pump warm air in the greenhouse. It is located in the center of the greenhouse. We don't want to extract too much air because it is hard to control the smell outside such a greenhouse. A leakage of odor is inevitable, but we're trying to minimize it. We have tested this with 20 fully flowering autoflower strains already. These 2kg worth of Cannabis was not detectable, even from within the greenhouse and even from 10m away. However, those Frisians gonna be a whole different deal.
It's the only tricky thing left. But having no neighbours around helps a lot too! :)

V

Veg N Out

The fact that you are legally cultivating 5.6 acres of marijuana is just amazing!

greenertea

You dont do things by half in Belgium!! :smoke out:

Love that green house!! how many of you does it take to attend it?,

as must be heller lot of work come trim time :friends:

its now time for me to re-look at your pictures again :tiphat:

chak-ra

Veteran
@ Gaius: Thanks!

@ VnO: yeah, about 0,55 acres is not bad ;) But we'll see when we finish them eh.

@ Ga Farmer: hehehe thanks!

@ Greenertea: We try our best eh! It takes about 4 people to attend it, we manage it with 2. So it's a lot of work I can tell you. We did everything together for the last 7 months :) Blood, sweat and yes, even tears (also tears of joy!)
Trimming will be a lot of work. We are looking for mechanical trimmers as well. But daddy's stach will be dried and manicured manually. :dance013: Even with mechanical trimmers we gonna need a team of 6 working around the clock to get all the work done.
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it ;)

I'll post some more pictures in a bit.

@ Map: Thanks man! you are right, it was a typo... my bad! Thanks for paying attention mate! Happy to show you the Belgian grow heaven

Cheers guys!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
fuckin awesome man love seeing big greenhouse grows, gives us an idea of what things will look like in legalized economy...

if i could add anything, ADD MORE SOIL! get rid of the wooden boards and do big trench/mounds like Vegnout you will crush it with the yields!

V

Veg N Out

Right on, in post 20 it says 23,000 M2 , my mistake. a half acre of green house is AMAZING still. Looking forward to seeing it to completion.

chak-ra

Veteran
@ Yesprop215: That's right! But we tilled the soil in entire rows. When the soil was tilled at about 0,5m depth, the first ft was scooped out, and the next ft was mixed in with the black custom soil mix. So the roots can go deep and wide. The yellow soil you see is loam/clay and holds lots of moisture and micro nutrients. But it is hard soil, only the bigger roots will venture there. And only when needed.
We'll do an autopsy later on when the trees will be finished. We'll see then whether we can increase the volume of the usable soil. In total we put in 20 metric tons of soil, so a lot :)

We also are growing some Dutch Passion autoflowers, for which we dug trenches 1,20 m wide, and 35 cm deep. There's a reason we didn't do the same thing with the big plants :) lol. They will most probably outgrow our greenhouse as it is. But let's get back to this subject when we've harvested!

@ VnO: mistake thuss corrected ! :) Thanks mate! Btw: what organics do you use in your soil?

chak-ra

Veteran
Time for some blurry night shots!

I'm experimenting with this for taking pictures at night when they are in flower. Would be awesome to see.

The lights in the fans are handy because for now they keep the Frisians from beginning to flower (must veg for 3 more weeks).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

greenertea

Looking so green!!
7 months!! :comfort: what will the total veg time be for them Frisians?
As you may need to raise the green house, and put it on block's :beat-dead

Keep up the good work :biggrin:

chak-ra

Veteran
@ Lil Res: Thanks! Yeah, we felt like we just HAD to try ;)

@ Greener: We germed the Frisians beginning of April. Then they were put in slow preveg/simulated 12/12 for the sex. And they were transplanted around 20th May. So total vegtime will be something like 18 weeks, or 4,5 months. Total veg in greenhouse will be almost 3 months.

So we started in April and have bud in October... 6-7 months :) But hey, we just want to see how the greenhouse performes.

We're more than half way there!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow so you got regular frisian dew seeds for this gig? i thought you were using the dp feminized Frisisan dew.

are those plants from seed, or did you make clones to fill the space? you planning to keep any mother plants going?

chak-ra

Veteran
Hi Gaius

No we had the feminised seeds. Henk (founder of DP) told us they don't have any regs from the Frisian. - for a good reason

We sexed them to make sure there were no hermafrodites in the batch. - yes we have had experience with hermi problems in several DP batches and several strains...

We are looking for one phenotype in particular. This week we are going to take cuttings from all the Frisians. We hope to find that really really really good pheno that we know is in there somewhere.

So all the Frisians you see come from the seed batch. Each one is different in their on right. When we find a keeper pheno we might try to reverse so we can take things further from there. Could be another great project. Not sure if it is feasable.

We hope to keep a MOF (mother of all Frisians) during the winter, take clones in januari, put them in flower as soon as they are rooted, flower them for 2 weeks. Reveg them in Februari/march. Pregrow them in April, and put them in the greenhouse around May. That way we could really increase yield from the Frisian Dew.

In the fall, serveral clones will be tested for mildew resistance by placing them outside with no care.

This is just a round of practice in the greenhouse. It is testing for next year, when all bets are off! We will try for a record grow in 2014. This year we must collect data and prepare for next year.

So every advice you guys give is greatly appreciated !

Cheers!