What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FRIENDS REQUEST ?

I

In~Plain~Site

2cb85_ORIG-I_LIKE_WHERE_THIS_THREAD_IS_GOING.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got a friend request from someone i don't ever remember talking too..... checked histories and can't even find anyplace we could have crossed paths. i could be missing something, but from no contact at all to wanting to be friends? huh? or is it just those trust issues that we all have that are setting off the voices in my head? don't want to accuse anyone of some kind of scam but it seems like it may be what is going on .........dunno:dunno:

any input???? anyone?????
you would turn down a Friends Request?

maybe it's someone who had a different handle before, maybe it's someone who really likes what you have to say. maybe you recently repped him. and who knows, maybe it's someone who'll be there for you when the chips are down.

did he/she ask for a key to your house?
did he/she ask for your real email addy?
no?
then I don't see a problem.......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get requests all the time from people I dont know. You do not have to except them as a friend its not that big of a deal.

MIway

Veteran
you would turn down a Friends Request?

maybe it's someone who had a different handle before, maybe it's someone who really likes what you have to say. maybe you recently repped him. and who knows, maybe it's someone who'll be there for you when the chips are down.

did he/she ask for a key to your house?
did he/she ask for your real email addy?
no?
then I don't see a problem.......

The only 'problem' is that if you have any private albums, they then have access to them. Would be nice to be able to select which friends can have access... those you know IRL (trust)... and those that are just cool o/l (seems cool, but...?).

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you're right about the albums of course but I'm of the mindset of having nothing to hide these days and I literally have nothing to hide.

There's a link in my signature to my Cheech & Chong concert album and my only other album is comprised of pop culture artworks, nothing to hide. my only grow pics are a few old ones in my gallery.

but that's just me

supermanlives

Veteran
i dont show anything that identifies me in any way. well specifically anyhow lol. i figure anything on the net is never really private. so have a private album on the net dont make sense to me

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my albums are only private to people I dont know. everyone on my friends list can see them all. I need to have a few conversations and some interaction with someone before I let them see. Thats just me I dont think anyone is wrong by letting anyone look at there pics that just not me.

I

In~Plain~Site

As an aside to that point, there is a way to post a picture without having an album here at the mag(for us cautious types)

Just(I) found this out...welcome to the internet

my albums are only private to people I dont know. everyone on my friends list can see them all. I need to have a few conversations and some interaction with someone before I let them see. Thats just me I dont think anyone is wrong by letting anyone look at there pics that just not me.

Stranger

Why wont anyone be my friend...?

:shucks:

Everyone just bad mouths me.. its Stranger this , Stranger that... have you seen that book .. you would think I was a monster or something?

Its not fair I tell ya.

:joint:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Dude, somebody probably just read your threads, thought you were their hero and wanted to be e-friends.

(hint, hint)

I don't have any private galleries. My e-friends are SOL.