What's new

Friedrich Breeze Mini-split Installation...

the gnome

Veteran
I'm thinking of getting another back up mini for my room, looking at the breeze with DIY quick connects.
Ive only found 2 sizes, 12K/24Kbtu and the come with a heat pump.
anyone know if they come in other sizes and without the heat?

J Rex, your std. house ac condensate pump runs on $110-120v but 220v is available

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I'm thinking of getting another back up mini for my room, looking at the breeze with DIY quick connects.
Ive only found 2 sizes, 12K/24Kbtu and the come with a heat pump.
anyone know if they come in other sizes and without the heat?

J Rex, your std. house ac condensate pump runs on $110-120v but 220v is available

12/24 are the only sizes.

So apparently the breeze can be unconnected and moved and then reconnected. I wonder how many times this can be done without harm being done to the unit.

Time to either move my condenser/compressor outside or buy another unit for summer operation.

the gnome

Veteran
to bad only 2 sizes but 2 grand and a day and it running sounds good.
after my 1st harvest last month Ive thought about the $$ at risk and $2000 is the the best and cheapest insurance there is.
really not too worried about my mitsu taking a dump,
florida is the thunderstorm/lightening strike capital in the usa
1 unlucky strike takes it out.
as far as connect and disconnect seems like your losing an iota of vac and 410 every time
it's done.....be quick! :D

Catatafish

Veteran
Gnome, i think the ones with the heat pumps are the more efficient units fwiw. Freidrich has only diy with heatpumps....been searching a looong time :)

Gnome did you do your own install on your other units? I just found a buddy's dad that has the pump and trying to get a little support on remaining questions i have.

I have been weighing out the costs on the freidrich diy and getting someone to install a fujitsu and no matter how you slice it the freidrich is cheaper unless you do it yourself they cost the same. Then you figure in the cost of shutting down for a few days and cleaning up so someone can come into the room == $$$ and labor that will suck.

Catatafish

Veteran
Oh and by the way the larger freidrich was out of stock for the longest time. Im not sure if they ever became available again or not....i gave up looking about 2 months ago.

the gnome

Veteran
Gnome, i think the ones with the heat pumps are the more efficient units fwiw. Freidrich has only diy with heatpumps....been searching a looong time :)

Gnome did you do your own install on your other units? I just found a buddy's dad that has the pump and trying to get a little support on remaining questions i have.

I have been weighing out the costs on the freidrich diy and getting someone to install a fujitsu and no matter how you slice it the freidrich is cheaper unless you do it yourself they cost the same. Then you figure in the cost of shutting down for a few days and cleaning up so someone can come into the room == $$$ and labor that will suck.

hey cat,
I planned a DIY with my mr slim.
by the time i figured cost for gauges and a vac pump
and a backup bottle of 410 and a scale to weigh it.
and with the other things for the build to buy I passed and found someone for $75 1st hr and $50 after.
I was under $300.

i like the fried for the plug and play aspect.
i can't shut down and have anyone there for a complete install.
i plan on getting everything i need to do an install in the future.
the only thing with the mitsu is the flared fittings, and mine leaked out in a few weeks because of a bad flair fitting.:(
i had another tech come by, he said about 1 in 100 fail
i told him to weld that line, I should ahve welded all the llines when he was there.
lately I'm thinking it's not cooling as good as it use to, maybe summer ut its not that hot yet.??
I'm getting a tech to come and check the 410 level.
its a pain and cost more $$ because of the inverter compressor won't let gauges be hooked up to it to check the level of the 410
they have to remove the 410 and weigh it, this is my understanding.
I have a local tech that is mitsu certified and plan on calling soon.