What's new

FREEwoman's First Time

FREEwoman

Access~ lol, you know I never mind the nitrous tank! Glad to see you're watching my channel :wave:

Brother, Cocktail Frank & SuperSizeMe~ thanks for having my back! lol

And to the ladies... thanks girls!!! Glad to see there are some others out there like me. I know what you mean about all that sausage :biglaugh:

Thanks to everyone so much for all of your interest and good luck wishes! Lap is having a ball living vicariously through me. I know it means a lot to him that you guys are constantly sending positive vibes his way. :thank you:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
4,000 Watts, oops! lol That is some serious wattage. I know I won't live that one down. And yes, they are not bags, which I was going to use originally (the word was in my mind as I wrote). Thank you for pointing out my mistakes because that is why I'm here. Luckily they were only newb mistakes this time - easily fixable :)

so what are you running then?

FREEwoman

Thanks Brother, I'll try that next time!

Heady - I'm running a 4000, less one zero :tongue:

Mountain High - I know my picture was kind of shoddy. I was rushing to take it for you before I left for work. The connection is located on the far side of the res (in the pic) and toward the very bottom. It's in a spot that is hard for me to take a picture of :/

P

Peat

Yeah!
400 is great!
(I run 2 of em...but not that effeciently...yet...) :tiphat:

Nice full canopy of happy healthy ladies! :respect:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good FW,ladies look like they want to really start to show u something in the next couple weeks.i have a feeling you will surprise urself with ur virgin run.and as long as u make it to harvest you have probably done better then a lot of the people on the site lol.keep at it and stay focused,u got this.
tell Lappi i say wattup and keep his chin up...we aint goin nowhere,well be here for him thru this shit and when he gets out.thats what F.A.M. is for.
peace-T-

T

TribalSeeds

I'm working to get there brotha!! Foot long :biggrin: I know I have a good amount of space, but since this is my virgin run, I decided to keep it as idiot-proof as possible. If everything works out to my satisfaction, I will expand from there.

I highly recommend cutting of all secondary branches and anything on the bottom 2/3 of your plants. I had a hard time getting good light down there with 1200w. I thought it would improve after removing some leaf, but it just kept getting more crowded. I pulled off a bunch of larf late and its gonna hurt my yield.

Hi freewoman, glad to see you in the organics forum! I would love a blumat set up, for now I'm happy with my upgrade to a gawd blessed pump and hose! I was going to mention that some of your pots look really full, if you were to need to hand water them there's no room at the top for water to set as it sinks in. I take it the bluemat system is a slow steady drip irrigation and the full pots dont matter... Trimming up the bottom canopy is always like cutting off dreads or a limb to me... but it is sooo worth it and the one thing that took a couple cycles for me to see what a difference it does make. 2/3 is kinda drastic, then again I run higher wattage, so more light gets deeper in to my canopy. sounds like a LOT to trim up, but for a 400 watt set up, i could see that being ideal. Have fun watching your ladies transform! ~mgd

threeeleven

Hey there FREEwoman, mind if I pull up a seat? Looking great for your first time, every run from here on after will get better and better and better! Hope everything has been going well.. Subscribed to this thread for sure! :wave::joint:

FREEwoman

WEEK 5:

Some pretty big changes this week. Lap informed me that I had a stupid mistake going on (not my doing). My buddy who helped me set up my room originally had us set up the duct work so that it was connected to a fan, cooling the light, in a prettymuch continuous loop. This means that not enough fresh air was getting in. I thought it was odd, but I didn't want to question a seasoned grower (Lap taught him as well), but I guess he just isn't as 'seasoned' as I thought he was. Now I know why Lap would get so frustrated with him for not precisely following his instructions.

Anyway, I tore the ducting away from the light, and I just have a fan cooling it, blowing the air right into the room. I took the ductwork from the outtake and attached it to the fan that is attached to the filter so that it truly is an 'outtake'. I made sure all other openings were sealed and that my intake was working properly. I also made sure that nothing crazy happened once I shut the door (did get some suction, so I nailed the panda wrap to the wall, as there is nothing else I can really do about it in such a small space). I also added in my oscillating fan.

This was a big lesson for me - I have taken full ownership of my spot and my girls. I finally understand how all of the equipment works and I shouldn't have to rely blindly on another ever again. Although I am eternally grateful for my buddy's help, he likes to skip certain little anal things in his grow because he thought that Lap was just too perfectionist. Not the case - there is a reason for every little 'anal' thing! And if you really take a second to think about it, all of the anal things make perfect sense! I'm pretty upset that my buddy made such a blunder, but I am a firm believer that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Now that I know how things work, and how everything should be set up, I will always rely on myself from here on out. I just hope that the quality of my finished girls does not get compromised due to this issue. *Fingers crossed*

Set up changes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My girls:
(And I'm sorry about the glare in my pictures. I didn't have a chance to try out the new picture-taking methods.)

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

FREEwoman

You go FW!! Looking good...tell Lap the Babbas said howdy :D
Keep up the good work.

:thank you: I will make sure to tell him hello for you guys. He is in high spirits lately - about 10 months left, and he is heading to a halfway house within the next 2-5 months.

I'm very happy to have you following my little adventure... and very grateful for your input!

FREEwoman

lookin good FW,ladies look like they want to really start to show u something in the next couple weeks.i have a feeling you will surprise urself with ur virgin run.and as long as u make it to harvest you have probably done better then a lot of the people on the site lol.keep at it and stay focused,u got this.
tell Lappi i say wattup and keep his chin up...we aint goin nowhere,well be here for him thru this shit and when he gets out.thats what F.A.M. is for.
peace-T-

Thanks Tonatiuh! It really means a lot to me to hear you say that. Here's hoping I make it to harvest!

Of course I will send Lappy your love. Thank you for always being there for him- for both of us :)

FREEwoman

Tribal & MissGreen~ I actually did cut off a lot of the bottom stuff. At least I thought it was a lot, heh. It was definitely hard for me to remove ANY of the plant because they are so precious to me :biggrin:, but I knew I had to do it. Knowing that I did not want anything on the bottom competing for light, I looked at every little part of each plant and where it was located in accordance to the light - anything that I thought would not get efficient light I cut off. I'm hoping that method works obviously; if not, I will trim up a bit higher the next time around.

G

gloryoskie

WEEK 5:
This was a big lesson for me - I have taken full ownership of my spot and my girls. I finally understand how all of the equipment works and I shouldn't have to rely blindly on another ever again. And if you really take a second to think about it, all of the anal things make perfect sense! I'm pretty upset that my buddy made such a blunder, but I am a firm believer that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Now that I know how things work, and how everything should be set up, I will always rely on myself from here on out.
[/url]

Nice. I admire your pluck. Too many folks pussyfoot around misguided advice from well meaning people.

You own it.

Nice.

Cannagirl

I can only hope to do as well one day, FREEwoman. You keep on keepin' on and you'll be one of the best, I can tell by your tenacity! Fingers crossed with you. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts