What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FREEDOM for BONZ

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Bonzo said:
Any additives T? Im kinda an additive junkie and gotta stop, im also using GH 3pt, but i add a bit of Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. Well thats when im back to my buckets, this current soil project is getting Flora Nova with alot of additives. Your "Same old Buckets " seem to kick ass. If it aint broke, dont fix it eh?

have a good day girlie, the g13 looks killer.

bonz

Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma i also use. :chin: seem's we use the same thing's.I up until this grow that's getting chopped next week have used Dr. Hornsby Big Bud during flowering,but stopped to see if it's worth it or not. :wave: :friends: :wink:

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy Teresa! :wave: How are ya girlie? Yeah that seems like the perfect simple mix. Lookin forward to your harvest pics :woohoo: . Is you screen door ready? :yoinks: Im using a smaller window screen for some of my lower stuff off the 3 plants i just cut.

some random pics :

Allways good to hear from ya T! You have a great day! :woohoo:

peace

bONZ :friends:

PS. I have a mini (6) 2 gallon bucket thing goin in my veg cab and im givin PBP a whirl, ive allways wanted to try it. Ill keep ya posted.

G

hey b

everythin looks great
you do use a shitload of nutes dude...you still got that metanaturals formula i wrote down for ya? it works great in hydro if you keep the water circulating and its 100% organic

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy Danimal, :wave: I know man im an additive junkie and gotta stop i want to SIMPLIFY! hell yeah i still have the formula, im gonna start lookin into it. Thanks my brotha! :woohoo:

Hey Big Toke, this pic is for you, i remember you sayin you were gonna keep an eye on the large bubble cloner i made, well that one didnt work as well as i wanted it to :badday: . Heres a smaller one using bubble "bars" pretty good results: :woohoo:

peace, pot and microdot :woohoo:

bonz :wave:

Last edited:
G

Line yoru ceiling w/ chicken wire which then you can tie up plants to the ceiling if they start to have problems holding themselves up.

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy Chodo, :wave: how the hell are ya?! You have a good Christmas? I hope so bro.

Well im bac to hydro usin a little test kit i put together for closet growers of course i letem get too damn big so i moved em in the 2k flower room, might need the chicken wire there:

before i moved them out of the cab:

Good to see ya my friend :friends:

peace ,pot and microdot :woohoo:

bONZ :wave:

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
:wave: been awhile my :friends: .Nice to see the bucket's back in action :yoinks: . :chin: seeing a HUGE yield in your cab :woohoo: .Trust you and your's had a wonderfull Christmas and brought ya'll lot's of goodies take care handsome :wave: :friends: :wink: .

Bonzo

Veteran
Thanks girlie, :wave: i am so stoked to be back in buckets, that dirt thing was a nightmare :yoinks: . Yes very good Chrismas thank you
, and i hope yours kicked ass as well.

Take care girlie and ill talk to ya later :friends:

Last edited:

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Bonzo said:
Thanks girlie, :wave: i am so stoked to be back in buckets, that dirt thing was a nightmare :yoinks: .

Take care girlie and ill talk to ya later :friends:

:biglaugh: isn't that strange as ive been leaning a little toward's dirt myself lately!!This new seed run i stared are all in dirt :yoinks: .But will NEVER give up on the bucket's.Thank's sweetie Christmas was real nice lot's of family and freind's dropped by and we puffed alot of Rez's Sour Diesel :yummy: amungst other tasty treat's :friends: :wink:.

G

i gotta make the first complaint on your thread bonz... ya don't have a linky to this thread on your sig dammit!!! j/k man.. guess I gotta do more reading and diggin....

awesome grow man, such craft and attention to details.. love it. just read it all.

lately i've been studying up on bucket set ups... the so quick style as well as the freedom buckets aka kbs which it looks like you're doin. i have a couple q's for ya:

with the bottom bucket open like that is there any prob with algae showin up? some guys like the dark bukets for light proofin but then the bottom one is exposed to light :confused: what's your take/experience on it?

and the other being about the air pump blowin mad bubbles into the lower bucket... i was thinking that the pump will blow enuf air in that lower bucket to raise the nute temp level there to whatever the room temp is... maybe since it's a constant feed the nutes keep the temp down and the air bubblin in don't raise the temps of the lower nutes too much? looks like you have it dialed so wanted to ask ya aobut this.

I gotta say you bastad for sayin this....

"I have no idea what my rez temps are , i know they allways feel pretty good to the touch, im gonna get somethin' to read it, i wanna know too!"

you lucky dog!! I've had rot a few times... no fun. looks like you added a chiller though so ya got it covered. this bucket shit rocks it looks like. the true aero gig i'm runnin now is proving to be pretty finicky.. no medium = no slack i'm finding out. very picky on nutes. If you make a slight mistake the plants won't hesitate to let ya know.

great thread and grow Bonz.... i'm impressed and thanks for sharin!!! :yes:

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran

Bonz - your canopy always looks cherry man! One of these days I gotta wrap my head around the bucket idea - I'm such a soil-head :biglaugh:

Glad to see you're in the green! :wave:

KEM

lookin like you's gonna have your self a jungle in there in another month or so... your building skills are top notch bro. pimp shit ... :pimp3:
KEM

Sleepy

Veteran
KEM said:
lookin like you's gonna have your self a jungle in there in another month or so... your building skills are top notch bro. pimp shit ... :pimp3:
KEM

yeah, Bob Vila for sure!!

bONZ, you should do a 'how-to' in the Growroom design forum...master carpentry skills!! :woohoo:

Bonzo

Veteran
God dang look at all the poeples! God dang nice to see yall here! Boy this thread is old aint it? I first created the title FREEDOM for BONZ, cuase i was fooilin around with freedom bukets. Since then ive done a dirt run and am currenly just foolin around with a bunch of different stuff so ive decided to leave the title cuase growin my own is FREEDOM period. So the title of this thread works for me just fine. Evryone on this site is gaining their own freedom by not having to pay for their herb and not only that we all have the freedom to grow so many different strains, not just whats available on the street. FREEDOM!

oops ill be back!

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Hello again , sorry about that, had to avert a water shortage.

Hey Teresa Girlie, :wave: i know what you mean about the dirt, for some reason i just had the urge to give it a whirl, and ill tell ya what if i hadnt run into the mite prob things would have been pretty good cause they werent bad even with the mite prob. Im sure youll do alot better dirt farmin than i did, good luck and i wanna see some pics dang it!!

peace girlie, ill talk to ya later

Hows it goin Gronut! :wave: Welcome to my ongoing thread, i just post pretty much everything i have goin on here, i dont like to keep track of multiple threads. Anyhow i stalled out there a bit with a couple failed attempts and then commited my whole room to a bunch of different cuts from my local lub and grew em in dirt, a medium im not very familiar with, it was a learning experence anyhow and i did end up with a couple moms that i cant wait to try in hydro!

I cant figure out the fuckin link thing, total puter retard here.

Well i prefer black buckets as well, all my 3.5 gallon buckets are black and a little Ma and Pa hardware store pretty close to me sells the Heavy Duty 5 gallon buckets in black. I just got some of that Krylon plastic paint and sprayed one of my white 2 galloners and its good stuff, it fuses to the plastic.

I dont have it dialed in really at all just sorta flyin by the seat of my pants! I never really thought about the fact that the bottom bucket/concrete mixing tub being heavily aerated might have an effecct on the temps on the main rez. I have a digital thermometer somewhere, ill find it and run some tests.

My finger is very well well tuned for rez temp testing dude, just in case i do have a chiller for the sunner months, it kicks ass!

I had some pretty bad root rot about 1 1/2 years ago when i started growin my own again, i think hygrozyme and the last minute adding of air stones to the bottom buckets pulled em through, they turned out real nice too.

Thanks GroNut that means alot comin from some one with the talent to pull off that true aeroponic thingy, way beyond me bro.

peace and love man

MGJ! :wave: Whats up bro, how you feelin'? Thanks dude that was on of my first times at really diggin in and applying GIS's pinching and bending, man it can get tricky. Yeah MGJ, once i tried my first bus-boy tray style flood and drain i never went back to dirt. The little system in the cab is a prototype and its alot of work workin out the kinks as you go, at the end of this post is a shot of my Super Simple ebb & flow Buckets that i have decided to go back to for a couple grows, there pretty damn simple and bulletproof as well.

Thanks MGJ, peaceout dude!

Howdy KEM, :wave: im hopinn for the jungle! Im a carpenter of 25 years so some of the thinhs you see here and there should actually be cleaner but its my house and do it the way i want to damn it! Thanks again my brotha and welcome to IC!

peace out dude

Howdy Stretchpuppy, :wave: thank you so much man, i appreciate it.

peace and dont be a stranger

Sleepy dude!!!, :wave: whats crackin homie? How are you my brotha, you gardens are kickin ass bro! Just so you know Sleepy us carpenters (the one i work and have worked with in the past) consider Bob Villa a big weenie that just walks onto jobsites and gets in peoples way. The new guy Norm Abrahms, hes a master, look for his show called "The new yankee workshop" Cool show, he makesfurniture and othe neat stuff. Stuff Bob Villa only dreams about being able to do. No offense my brotha i just want you to be hip to whos who on those shows. This is the easiest design you can possibly imagin, if anyone wants more info just shoot me a PM.

Peace out Sleepy dude! luv ya man.

Howdy Dr.Feelgood, :wave: thaks man. I have not had a run that was planned or really done right to get an estimate, ill let ya know soon!

peace and thanks again!

So like i said in my little rant, everything i grow will be documented on this thread, how long can it last? Well have fun findin out. And to those of you new to my thread i encourage your pics and comments and questions.

Once again i have abused the shit out of these and thats why i have decided to go back to my Simple buckets for awhile:

Thanks to all yall for droppin by and settin' a spell.

as i allways say, dont be strangers

peace,pot and microdot :woohoo:

G

I just love watching and reading the updates. You are the man when it comes to this type of grow. Great job and keep it up. Man, those plants are just out of control in a great way.
Great Job
BG

Bonzo

Veteran
Well howdy BG, :wave: how the hell are ya!? Thanks a million my friend, that means alot comin from you! However i hate to dissapoint yall but im gonna try to keep this next run a little neater, heres the setup: 4 Female Seeds, Skunk Special in Super Simple ebb & flow Buckets. Possible SCROG, never scrogged before, could be fun!

Thanks again everyone for stoppin in :lurk:

peace

Super Simple ebb & flow Buckets:

Couple of the Female SS:

peace :woohoo:

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Bonzo said:
Super Simple ebb & flow Buckets.

:woohoo: ya know how i feel about bucket's :yummy: .I'll be watching and most definately learning from one of the true master's :respect:.I've been :chin: after your last post to me that it's time to but up another grow thread :chin: maybe a soil thread all seedling's.Or yet another boring old bucket grow :biglaugh: .Hmmmm :chin: better do the soil thread as you'll just make me look bad with your bucket's :bow: i know when to say UNCLE!!!!All my best to you and your's in the New Year my :friends: :wink: .