What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freedom 35

Rowdy420

I began my freedom when I was 35 also(full-time), you have accept we were put here to protect and pass on this sacred plant. Protectors of the light!

Try Claude Bristol, "TNT, The power within" written in 1956 I believe. Life changing shit! maybe not as cool as a ass kicking redhead but crazy all the same!

Your strain reviews are classic!

People don't change, they just reveal! -Ben Harper

Good luck, Peace

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
piston - thanks for the kind words bro you got your spot up and running yet?

rowdy - thanks for the book tip man, i will check that out. i think the fifties had some classic literature, especially when you consider the state of things then. my lost original print of the doors of perception comes to mind.... also i like ben, have been seeing him since the innocent criminals. friends taking me to see him next month i believe. glad you appreciate the strain reviews its funny to re read them

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i have five critical + about 18 days from seed. looking good and starting to smell. this came in a package from a friend. i know nothing about it. any tips on the critical + from dinafem

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
critcal + smoke report -

picture.php

smell - this weed smells amazingly distinct. its so very hard to pin it down. heres my best. this weed smells like the crawlspace underneath a singlewide trailer on an early august morning. maybe it rained earlier in the week. maybe you can smell your lavender laundry detergent mixing in with the dank dirt smell. maybe you smoked a clove when you got up that morning. maybe something like that. not really much weed smell to be had. while growing smells wonderfully sweet and very bubblegum in the middle around week 4

taste - first toke is some mold log thing. second is sandalwood with wet dank cellar aftertaste. third makes me imagine im in a marsh hunting for ducks, something ive never done. the rest is a general swampish thing and all a mixture of sortof bad tastes but delivered in quite a nice way thats not unpleasant, with shiny wrapping paper!

high - after about 5 normal tokes off a glass bowl i set it down and wait for a few minutes.
after doing some editing and uploading i am noticeably high and slightly paranoid, but i think ill take another few pulls off it after about ten minutes or so. with the other two strains i did yesterday i didnt want to touch a bowl for a couple hours really. dont get me wrong im stoned, i just feel like i could use a few more tokes. well see................
ok so after about ten more minutes i have decided i am pretty high, but in a mellow sort of way. but ill still finish the bowl off ... to see if this mellow increases or if i nerd out. so, my eyes are red, but not as overwhelming as the other two strains.

about growing her budman - to be perfectly honest this is the last run i did with this girl. i had the highest of hopes because of her acclaimed heritage, but she was a slow vegger, and pretty fluffy somehow. tried her three times, same every time. nice smell, great bag appeal, but a little short on the high and alot short on her weight. could be comparable with extra 10 - 14 days veg under hid. but still skinny probably. but i must state, again this is another seed that was a free single seed. critical is a strain known for its mass... lol anyway critical mass is which is what this is bred with. i feel i got a bad representation but a decent plant for a free seed, dont let this discourage you bro i think mine was probably unusual, i hope.

ps - my first job was installing security systems that were really cheap when i was 14.
and i forgot to add the picture.... lol

and those are billy dee williams' shoes.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
the nugs look great. i also have some sour diesel ibl x og kush. i have high hopes for both but you review didnt get me too excited. oh well, it is what it is. did you top? train? FIM? how long did you veg for? thanks in advance

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
topped by fim a couple times when running clones, the plant in this run was a mother and was vegged for a couple (2 at least more like 3) months under flouros, never really cut back too much. with clones id say, if you normally veg clones in soil like i do, under flouros it would need 3-5 weeks, under MH 3 weeks maybe a bit more. dosent really stretch at all hardly, maybe adds about 25% if 100% is doubling in size. roots average, ok sometimes can take a bit longer if less than optimal conditions but will still keep pokin along. goes 9 weeks. this pheno with 25 days mh veg, topped twice in 2gal organic soil rootpots will give me about 25 - 30 grams per. id wager that sdiblxogk is going to blow this out of the water, id be really happy with those beans, the crit can just be something you switch off to when you get tired of that lol. id be happy to answer any other questions i can

ps she is kinda spindly and she will fall over if you veg her to any decent size ( which you have to ) so make sure you stake in advance or something. this thing did a lumpkin dive on me as you can see earlier in the thread

more- a very tolerant and steadfast plant, never irritated her in the slightest when other plants were a bit rifled. never seemed to require much food either i didnt give her a whole lot of ej bloom tea like i did with the others

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
buddy whats up?!?!?

i just read the blue widow report that shit are interesting bro...competitive explanation style ehhh
For the c+ report maybe if you get the pheno like i get something change..in better, c+ is one of my favorite weed, i no c+ not are strong like sourd or chem or ..but is really excellent in tasty , so hard for me explain but i say what my girlfriend say: smell like precious old red wine ahhh i don't no if is right bro but wtf i like this weed!!!
the pheno i get more time is hard rock nuggs full of sugar covered sweet smell and great yield...
just my 2cent for this weed, anyway your report is good for pheno you get

also good point you share bro(maybe i send you PM soon), so now i CHOICE the title of my new thread : "FREEDOM 33".....what ya think?

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
freedom 33 for teh win! my next will prob be titled freedom 36, when i start flowering the new beans ive gotten which will be later this year. yeah, you should let budman know about your pheno of the c+ so hes not discouraged by my review. i know the plant is better than that like i said i just feel i got a bad representation of her. anyway, it would be cool to have a couple freedom threads up at the same time by different growers. alot of us are growing for freedom from something.

Khaleel

Veteran
i would like to know if anyone cares to share their personal thoughts on happiness and/or the pursuit thereof, and how or if friends/friendship relates to it if at all.

dude my "friends" experience is the same. i don't mess with heavy drugs or those that do, but i know that every time i've done some kind of business venture with a "good friend of mine" it seems that the friendship takes a backseat to the almighty buck, not on my end but on theirs. at first i thought it was just those certain friends. then it started happening even with my best friends. so i learned that lesson after losing money to people i thought were friends (and losing the friendship too). my words of adivce: don't do business with friends, and don't bother making friends with your business partners. it's like fucking a coworker or a roommate. it always end up messy. (don't shit where you eat, that kind of thing.)

as for happiness... i like to think of it as our default emotion, something we are born with as kids and learn to cover up as we adapt to the life we human beings have created, hoping to dodge the inevitability of death as long as possible (so silly).. why aren't we happy? one can blame commercials and the way they present our subconscious with models of living/feeling that are completely inaccurate (drinking a miller lite does not, in fact, make you more "manly" lmao)... our eating mass-produced/preserved food that our bodies are simply not equipped to digest well (gotta have some live microbes in there too and a little roughage!), the fact that physical activity is the most important thing to "feeling" good and yet one of the least valued thing in our culture, if you look at how we actually live.. and don't even get me started on religion. the principle idea in almost every religion is that we are broken and need fixing. that alone will doom an individual to depression for the entirety of his/her life (or set one free through self-administered madness?).

imho as long as we are doing what we are programmed to do in said circumstances, like if we are hungry we start looking for something to eat, if we are tired we sleep, if we are about to fight we fight, etc. then we are happy. and that is why i'm not sure it is something that can be pursued... it's almost as if the act of wanting it makes the very thing go away. i have come to see happiness as a slippery weasel sort of a thing, hiding from us where we think we know it will be, but also popping up to surprise us where we least expect it. this is beautiful, to me. just my thoughts.

love the smoke report, brother. good stuff. :yes:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
K thank you for sharing that insight, that is awesome. im currently involved in a weird situation with a friend that i started doing business with, so it certainly rings true with me. youd think id know better, and i do really, but was trying to help this guy out, of course. part of the reason i brought it up is because my girlfriend seems to think that having friends is for the most part essential to happiness and i disagree. i believe all that is necessary for happiness is a good understanding of the concept and how it relates to you personally. i think its different for everyone, which is why i enjoy hearing others thoughts and ideas on the subject. its always evolving for me, and sometimes i feel like ive got a decent grasp on it and some days i dont.
i really like your idea about it being our default emotion and we just sort of cover it up as we go along, thats pretty good and makes me feel better. lol. i think there are alot of things we can blame unhappiness on nowadays, all of what you mention being prime examples. i also think that its very easy to overthink the concept and create some hard times for yourself by expecting too much of it. i once opened a fortune cookie that read "success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get" now i know that dosent apply to everything but it struck a few chords with me....

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ok so heres a nice little update on the blue widow - its fifty days of flowering today, by the looks of it ill probably be taking it down this weekend, 55/56. i havent even scoped it yet though, i should get to that.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

so. the mix has been sitting for about 3 days with the dry ferts in it. i added the worm castings today and a bag of ocean forest, and ill be planting the clones into the mix tomorrow night. i know this is generally not recommended, but ive done it before and been ol, i dont have the time to let it cook for a few weeks. although i could have, and that brings us back to slacking....
anyway, the mix amounted to about this.

ALL of the soil from the last round, except the rootball and top layer right around the stalk.that will make up about 80 % of the new mix total, the rest being ewc and OF. i couldnt find my fert. measuring cup, and since i dont really use it much anyway, i didnt bother measuring at all, listed is my best guess.

160 lbs of fresh warm earthworm castings. picked them up from the bait farm today
1.5 Cf bag of Ocean Forest
1.5 cups of blood meal
6 cups of bone meal
6 cups kelp meal
3 cups diatomaceous earth
2 cups azomite
3 cups greensand
7 cups lime
3 cups peace of mind fruit/flower
6 tbs myco madness

all going in the same rootmaker 3gal. containers and back into here to veg for awhile as they are still puny. i still cant get over the tent being empty still
picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those Blue Widows look great. I can't wait to see your big tent filled up again. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
sprout, funk, thank you very much. they have plumped up well the past ten days or so and im pretty happy. im hoping to hit about an ounce per girl average anything more is just a blessing.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
amazing nuggs show this blue widow buddy, look'n you do great job ehhh..as usual maybe?!?..joke !!! i no you ever do the best in your freedom garden..mybe get freedom high?!?..i no
maybe i smoke to much this morning?!?!..YES i no!!!..never is enough ehhh

keep this shit up brotha!!!

Resistant

dude my "friends" experience is the same. i don't mess with heavy drugs or those that do, but i know that every time i've done some kind of business venture with a "good friend of mine" it seems that the friendship takes a backseat to the almighty buck, not on my end but on theirs. at first i thought it was just those certain friends. then it started happening even with my best friends. so i learned that lesson after losing money to people i thought were friends (and losing the friendship too). my words of adivce: don't do business with friends, and don't bother making friends with your business partners. it's like fucking a coworker or a roommate. it always end up messy. (don't shit where you eat, that kind of thing.)

as for happiness... i like to think of it as our default emotion, something we are born with as kids and learn to cover up as we adapt to the life we human beings have created, hoping to dodge the inevitability of death as long as possible (so silly).. why aren't we happy? one can blame commercials and the way they present our subconscious with models of living/feeling that are completely inaccurate (drinking a miller lite does not, in fact, make you more "manly" lmao)... our eating mass-produced/preserved food that our bodies are simply not equipped to digest well (gotta have some live microbes in there too and a little roughage!), the fact that physical activity is the most important thing to "feeling" good and yet one of the least valued thing in our culture, if you look at how we actually live.. and don't even get me started on religion. the principle idea in almost every religion is that we are broken and need fixing. that alone will doom an individual to depression for the entirety of his/her life (or set one free through self-administered madness?).

imho as long as we are doing what we are programmed to do in said circumstances, like if we are hungry we start looking for something to eat, if we are tired we sleep, if we are about to fight we fight, etc. then we are happy. and that is why i'm not sure it is something that can be pursued... it's almost as if the act of wanting it makes the very thing go away. i have come to see happiness as a slippery weasel sort of a thing, hiding from us where we think we know it will be, but also popping up to surprise us where we least expect it. this is beautiful, to me. just my thoughts.

love the smoke report, brother. good stuff. :yes:

Killer harvest, nameless! Those smoke reports are awesome!

Exactly, K! Yeah, I'm really into friendship and the golden rule, but I'm always quite leery of going into business with anyone. It's like this thing built into me that just avoids large financial commitments with friends. Besides, my wife is just about the best friend someone can have! I really try to assume the best about all people until they prove me wrong, though. When I treat people like less than me it seems to drive people away. That's why people are driven from churches (or drawn), because everyone there is telling you how broken you are and need church. Funny how they never say you're broken without asking for your money...

Happiness (for me) is much more based on how honestly and bravely we face our lives and needs. There was a period in my life where I thought anger was really the answer and it was destroying me and my relationships. I read "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida (not a great title) and it really opened my eyes to some things. Not that everything in it was awesome, but there were some great insights in there. Over the last 5 years or so, I feel like I've learned the most valuable lesson I could ever learn: That I can either choose to have a great life, or choose to have a shitty one - so I choose a great one... and to be kind to all. To be a great friend and live honestly. Oh, and avoid religionz at all costs. Oh, and exercise regularly (awesome mood regulation)! Of course I've learned much more than that, but it pretty much boils down to that stuff for me.

High five, friends!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
resistant, thanks for that great input. i think we can get up every day and choose to have a great life or a shitty one, but you have to make that choice all day every day. sometimes i forget that it can be as simple as making that choice. i have a book right now called anger is a choice, it makes alot of good points. regular exercise also leads to a better mood in general i believe, another good thing

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
regular exercise also leads to a better mood in general i believe, another good thing

That is certainly true. That rings home for me right now. I've been kind of bumming lately because we are in a transitional period now slowing down and getting colder for winter. I haven't been getting out as much for being too busy. I was just telling myself I'm going to get my busted ass bike out to the bike park and keep telling myself that I'll be snowboarding in 3 to 4 weeks. Sorry to jump in your thread but I wanted to add my 2 cents. Great looking girls too nameless, stay classy. :yes:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
haha. as classy as the back of the king of donair! its been my experience that it dosent pay off to just lumber on in to snowboarding season.... you better get your stretch on at least! be glad your snowboarding dosent involve a 5-6 hr drive first.... at least i assume it dosent if its already pretty cold there. all are welcome in freedom 35 man its nice to have someone to respond to. so i dont feel like im just blabbing away at cyberspace here....
picked up the new gear yesterday, a GL120 tent, 400w lumatek, 4 in. eco supreme fan (which is now SPEED ADJUSTABLE!!!!!) i dont know why they werent in the past the dummies but theyve changed them now anyway. filter, maxicrop, 6" clip fan.... what else. alot anyway. lots of work got that tent to set up and transplanting to do and i dont know where my cloning machine is should be here today but tracking shows california still for the past 5 days... damn you ups.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ok i transplanted all the girls into the 3 gals. and have them vegging in the big tent. they look ok some are showing signs of some sort of funk maybe calcium deficiency? it happens when i dont pot up quick enough, the cheese is the first to show it, saw just a bit on a chronic.
picture.php

there are 23 cheese 6 chronic #4 and 1 chronic #3

the #3 pheno is very heavy ak47 tight dense nugs very frosty and strong. the number 4 is a decent representation, it gets nice size but it shrinks alot when dried. has great smell and flavor, my go to daytime smoke, can be bland if not dried properly.

picture.php

will veg for another ten days or so i think...