What's new

Freedom 35

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Fantastically amazing looking reefer, both of 'em. The pink is beautiful, but I'm always skeptical - IME, the colorful ones like that are always awesome looking, but there seems to be a sacrifice in the yield.

Who cares. I'd take both, in a box, with a fox.

:respect:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
you will not take them in a box. you will not take them with a fox. you will take them with a smile. you will get them in awhile. :)

there is definitely a lower yield. but, the one green pheno i came up with is skinnier than the purples. i think its just a lower yielding strain in general. im hoping to improve upon this with the sweet tooth pollen. well see how that plays out. im pretty sure its going to play out like rock hard purple nugs...

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
picture.php

these guys are outside, destroying my tomatoes. the second is the biggest ive ever seen. hard to tell in the picture, but its nearly an inch wide and 4-5 in. long

picture.php

picture.php

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tomato hornworm, really the best is to just find the damage search around the damage site the kill them with your fingers. good luck.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Bogus - they must go. Just found this on the innerwebs:

If you find a tomato hornworm with eggs on its back, allow it to remain on the plant. These are the eggs of a parasitic wasp that will kill the hornworm. When the eggs hatch, they will control an infestation on the tomato plant.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ha! nice. thanks guys. i love this place. what you been up to there Al? i see youve got a healthy karma bar there you have a thread somewhere?

good lookin silver. they both look to be pretty healthy though.

not for long!

chief bigsmoke

thats the lui mom, shes not even that old. now two of the moms i just swapped out, they were old. pushing 18 months. maybe just a year... the lui isnt even a year yet

my little monster remake... holy crap LUI your mommy is a beast. I can`t wait to see how it flowers in the future... so cool

chief bigsmoke

BTW if I pull out the win for this grow of the month thinger I`de like to split the seed winnings with you... but you`ll have to put up with whatever hybrid cultivar I choose.. dun dun dunnnn... I am open to suggestions though. I was thinking gage green.. since most of chimeras stock is gone.

the t-shirt may be harder to split... hehe

but no shit you deserve the win and you`re already a winner in my books.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Such sportsmanship.

:friends:

That dude is badass lookin, dude. What kind of time do you have to set up that shot?

I'm sure it's user error, but I can't for the life of me set up a decent macro shot - let alone with any sort of quickness.

You also have the right tool for the job [Beavis], I suppose. :shucks:

Looks tits man.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
not much time at all. i got off one without flash that was worthless, at a distance of about 4 inches. i figured this would happen, and it was kind of a drive by first attempt, just to be sure. i resurfaced ten seconds later to pop another two shots off. one straight in the face that he did NOT like, and that one, after he started to turn to take off. hand held, and a very wobbly one at that. i cranked the aperture up to 20 and shutter speed to 200 to compensate and tried to shoot at the right time as i rocked back and forth.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i wish i had been seeing more honeybees. theres a colony 100 yards away from my place and i see more carpenter bees than the good kind. not that they arent good. im sure they do something other than eat my back deck.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those are some very nice macro shots you posted. That tomato hornworm is a nasty looking SOB. I'd probably cut it into a few different pieces and let the birds have a snack.

-Funk

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
i wish i had been seeing more honeybees. theres a colony 100 yards away from my place and i see more carpenter bees than the good kind. not that they arent good. im sure they do something other than eat my back deck.
nameless

Have you tried Mason bees? No honey but definitely do a good job at pollinating for chump-change. Very easy to set-up their blocks as they're called.

CC

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nameless, for the wood boring bees, you can try sticking some steel wool up in the holes. You can also make custom traps for them, I will see if I can find pictures.

Oh by the way nice grow!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thank you funk. your one of the few people who has been in this thread from the beginning. i appreciate you looking in and adding your two cents. always welcome! (i cut the hornworms in half with scissors, and they fucking scream when you do that)

ohmless, your right. are way too gross to squish. i cut them.

CC- always cool to see you in my neck of the woods! what do you think of the pck? how do you think they compare to the different purple cuts in your neck of the woods?

mellowfellow - that steel wool is an excellent idea! thank you very much for sharing

im cutting all the plants in the 600 w tent down last night and today. the pcks are skinny as hell. im hoping everything averages out ok. total of 62 days!

Latest posts

Latest posts