What's new

Freedom 35

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yo some healthy green new baby coming up bro, those 2012 promise so good!!!
keep up.date!!!
respect to you buddy!!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
oh yeah, 2012 is going to be a phenomenal year for freedom 35. i plan on being able to move across country after this year! thanks kw!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
nameless

My apologies if I missed it, but could you elaborate a bit on your soil mix/feeding detail? Whatever's goin' on in there, you're doing something right. :respect:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
sure thing silver. heres the general rundown on my full strength mix...
clones are transplanted from 4in. pots (light mix is roughly equal parts of ffof, ewc, and peat, sometimes a dash of full mix or peace of mind fruit and flower) into 3 gal containers of this. they veg for ~2 wks in 3 gals. before flip

all measurements an approximation
4 cf recycled soil
3 cf peat
80 lbs ewc
4 c DE
3 c azomite
4 c greensand
2 c blood meal
5 c bone meal
5 c kelp meal
4 c lime

ill probably water in 10-15 gallons over the next week
will cook for about 3 weeks i think, depending
ill add another 40 lbs of ewc before i mix it the day i plant in it.

im sorry im not as precise as i used to be...
i started out with a basic mix and it has evolved to suit what is available and works best for me. since i dont veg for too long, there isnt that much blood... since i used recycled soil, there is a little less lime.... since i like kelp and ewc, and they are cheap, theres more of that stuff... since i like to supplement anyway with liquid organic food and bone meal takes a long time to break down ( recycled soil) i re- amend less of that ect ect...

when plants are first transplanted i use a tea of maxicrop, ful power, molasses, myco madness, and microblast. once before the flip and once after...

then straight water for a few weeks...

then around week 4 i start feeding a strong flowering tea using earth juice stuffs. once a week for 3-4 weeks depending...
ej bloom, ej catalyst, ej meta K, maxicrop, myco madness (once at least), ful power, molasses, maybe one or two other things...

all teas are mixed about 20 gals at a time,
maxicrop i just add about a cup at a time at least, maybe 1.5
myco madness is 1-2 tbs
molasses is a few shots, 5 maybe?
ful power is a few shots, probably 6 or so,
ej products are recommended strength for heavy feeding

final week or two get only ful power or straight water

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
AWESOME BRO, seems you find your holy grail of soil...thanks for share those precious information, I THINK MANY NEW GROWER CAN USE YOUR FORMULA BRO ..JUST TRY...
RESPECT TO YOU BRO AND YOUR freedom35 fo su!!!

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
nameless

On that jammin' soil mix, approx. how many gallons does that equate to?

I've got my soil still from last run, but I think I'll start fresh. I made the [lousy] decision to give Dr. Earth's soil a try, .. No bueno. Will be going back to FFOF as my "base dirt." I've had good success with a mix of ~ 3 parts FFOF, 2 parts ProMix HP, and 1-2 parts EWC..

Now that I'm gonna rock the blumats, I want to spruce up the dirt a bit, .. The greensand, azomite, all that, I get, .. What's the deal with the DE? Does it add any nutritional value? (part of a balanced breakfast?) When I think of DE, I think of it in terms of pest control..?

Edit: Looks to be about 50-55 gallons, just between the recycled soil & the peat. I'm guessing about 55-60 gallons once you add the EWC and the other fixin's.. ?

What do you use to let it cook in? A couple totes? Kiddy pool? :thank you:

Last edited:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
picture.php

is a little more than that when its all said and done...

all that comes out to be about 100 gallons of soil, fills 30 3gal. pots with some left over every time. the DE helps add silica to the soil which strengthens the plants up, on runs without DE my plants flop alot sooner or alot harder. initially i got it for pest control, but it didnt do a damn thing for that lol...

its an entire kiddie pool, the standard size ones not the smaller ones... i know @ 7 gal. per cf that dosent seem to add up, i dunno what to say. maybe i start with more recycled base?

KW - SS - thank you

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I have been using organic bottle nutes up until this point. I would really love a complete soil and just add water

I have been using the complete roots organic bottle line...been happy but I don't know if I could be getting better results using different food. any ideas on the roots line?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
What a beautiful heap! :dance:

When you water it, do you water it and then work it some more? Or just mix it all together, water, and go smoke a bong?

And lastly (for now), when you let it cook, does it just sit in the pool? Covered or un?

:thank you:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
budman, no ideas on the roots line. ive heard some good stuff about their soil mixes, but thats all honestly. i went straight from PBP to Earth Juice when i switched from chemical nutes. it seemed best suited to me, and my current style of growing. i knew alot of folks got great results from it, and i wanted some organic buds. but i felt like the ej alone wasnt unlocking the true potential of the plant. i wanted a more living soil, and wanted to recycle that soil too. so i did, and i think the two together is a pretty good approach. it works for me anyway. i dont really think that the liquid supplements matter as much as the amended soil, as far as healthy plants goes. but the extra kick really brings out the most in the girls i feel. i guess im trying to say that you should try amending your soil. do water only, or stick with the roots bottled organics for supplementing. or do a side by side. either way, couldnt hurt... i hope that helps.

silver - i water it and continue to stir it every few days or once a week, whenever i think to really. the kiddie pool sits uncovered on the concrete floor in my garage.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
there are as many tyes of soil as there are growers just about... im the first to admit im a bit of a novice with organic gardening... its only been 2 years since i was using pbp.... i learned from ic, and mimicking other grows. there are alot of really helpful threads in the organic soil section, and just the other day i found a thread by joe fresh (theres a link in his sig) that lists a TON of different soil recipes... its a great read even if you have no intention of changing anything, just to get a feel for how many approaches there are.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
im not sure, is it the same stuff? i dont know much about it or how it breaks down, i thought it was some type of clay, maybe im thinking of the pink stuff...

GrowForIt

nameless: sorry if I missed it but are those bogbubbles from clone or did you top them? Things are looking good iin here I got about 5 days head start on you, I got 1 bb female so far and possibly 1 more, I've already culled two males. It'll be nice to compare plants that are so close together.

Sending a pile of K your way!
GFI

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
bogbubbles are from clone, fimmed once or twice. i ended up with one female and i kept a nice looking male, which is in the cloner. i am hoping i end up with a decent pheno, i have good faith obviously dedicating half the tent to it...

Latest posts

Latest posts