What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free your fluorescent bud pics!!

K

khaleel

damn $pk, those flowers are right on the light! i like how it is spread out more too, very cool. great stuff :joint:

elfin1mf

when growing with flouros, is it best to use some indica in the genepool? Or would sativas flourish because the ability to actually touch the growth tips to the light would minimize stretching?

K

khaleel

elfin1mf said:
when growing with flouros, is it best to use some indica in the genepool? Or would sativas flourish because the ability to actually touch the growth tips to the light would minimize stretching?

good question. i've only grown 80/20 indica and 50/50 strains. they've done great, you can get the buds right up to the tubes without worry, especially if you LST (low stress training)... this girl is one plant, shooting buds all over the place right up to the light:

but i like your idea about the sativa. i'm sure the plants would love it, and since the buds aren't that dense anyway maybe you wouldn't lose that much weight. :confused:

i say grow 'em both and see what happens!!! :pimp3:

WoW........Good job guys!! Floro's are always impressive.

For those who use over 250w and multiple plants, how much heat do they

putt off?

K

khaleel

SensiMilla024 said:
WoW........Good job guys!! Floro's are always impressive.
For those who use over 250w and multiple plants, how much heat do they putt off?

hmm... my 200 watt in veg puts off virtually no heat, but its a compact with internal balast. (there's a link on my grow diary thread somewhere.) the pioneer IV in bloom with 4 t5's... i'm not sure what the wattage is. 4500 lumens apiece i think (once again, link, my thread...) the bloom light will raise temps around six or seven degrees, and needs to be a few more inches above the plants.

everyone else, outstanding pics. can't believe some of the results with cfl's. grow green and free!

“Researches tested a new form of medical marijuana that treats pain but doesn't get the user high, prompting patients who need medical marijuana to declare, "Thank you?"” - jimmy fallon

laters! :wave:

bogusik2

WoW amazing theard :) real nice plants - i guess hps is not that over cfl :respect:
Khaleel i make some fresh shots especially for your theard :)
I build and prepare that box in less than one hour.. hehe quick, simple and work fine ;]
Clones flower much nicer than i expected.. they've got 2 more weeks to harvest.. Grpefruit and C99 are 100% sativas, but breeders make them short and fast .. indica size, 8-9 weeks of flo and strong sativa high afterwords.pzdr

12128topki_cfl_1_-med.JPG

12128topki_cfl-med.JPG

12128topki_cfl_2_-med.JPG

12128topki_cfl_3_-med.JPG

12128topki_cfl_4_-med.JPG

Last edited:
K

khaleel

bogus2k: outstanding!!!! :headbange

glad to have you aboard, my friend, and thanks for the kind words. that's awesome you put that together in one hour. be sure to update with some pics as things come along... good show man!

K

khaleel

well guys, i've been harvesting a little so here are some pics, all under T5's of course:

Super Ice

and if you haven't checked out the LST thread in my signature, this is what you are missing out on. keep in mind this plant has been bloomed under a fluorescent. Chrystal, around week six and a half bloom:

let's keep the thread alive, peeps! :muahaha:

Last edited:
G

i've said it once before.....but beautiful buds bro!!! Just wondering......do you run a continual harvest or start from seed each grow? I was just wondering because you can def tell that yield is the only thing affected by flo's still................cuz those buds are DANK!!!

peas,
BF

K

khaleel

BubbleFunk said:
i've said it once before.....but beautiful buds bro!!! Just wondering......do you run a continual harvest or start from seed each grow? I was just wondering because you can def tell that yield is the only thing affected by flo's still................cuz those buds are DANK!!!

peas,
BF

muchos gracious, bubblef. i am running a continual harvest... though you made me realize i haven't put up a veg picture for quite some time. i had to throw out six real nice bushy four week old plants because of spider mites from a gifted clone (always check anything you bring into the garden, or better yet don't bring anything into your garden that you don't grow from seed). i've got six little clones goiing now. i'll put some pics up in a while. i'll probably start a new thread or something with that group.

evertking, thanks my friend! :wave:

Bud Hi

! started with T-12,, 4 footers and had heat issues, then tried 8 footers .. these pics are from my 2nd grow

these pics are the start of my 3rd grow :jump:

Last edited:
K

khaleel

holy shit budhi! nicely done. thats amazing, the plants growing right up around and through the tubes man :respect:

flexo

thats some hot shit!!!

didnt think you could keep those flo's that close to the plant, damn thats cool.

Awesome pics... I have to bookmark this thread for when I start thinking I need to buy a HPS instead of keep using my CFLs and tubes. Thanks for the inspiration to keep it simple. :joint: Peace.

Last edited:

Bud Hi

flexo said:
thats some hot shit!!!

didnt think you could keep those flo's that close to the plant, damn thats cool.

I only use 2--- 20" window fans set on low, 1 pushing and 1 pullin

complete set-up uses only $20, extra on the electric bill :joint:

Last edited: