What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

BillFarthing

Veteran
Perhaps Humboldt Seed Company/Shapeshifter used radiation or EMS for the mutation?

It could explain why the seeds were small, white, weak and cracked that I got from the breeder. :moon:

djonkoman

Veteran
if you use a mutagen you still have to take it a generation further(the mutations will be different in different cells, so the seed you irradiate will be chimeric, you need to grow it out and make seeds with it to get a plant with the mutation in all cells).
so even if that was used you would not get the seeds directly out of that.

might be that it's some kind of mutation that also has an effect on how the seeds look, besides the weird look of the leaves, though. or just not ripened long enough.

Amynamous

Freakshow X ABC F1 = normal plants lol. Humboldt CSI IG

Probably indicates the mutations are completely different. Hopefully F2's bring out something fun

I’m surprised by that.
Some of the Freakshows seem to have some ABCness in their leaves.

rolandomota

Veteran
I have a secret and I ain't telling no one because you crazy seed collectors will buy them all before I can get some it's NOT pure Freakshow available it's something ..... nevermind.... again hint hint bye lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Male.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rolandomota

Veteran
Theirs a lot of meat left you ravenous dogs go get them while their hot I wish I had 1 k to splurge 7 east genetics my amigos mucho amor from yo to you lol ask about that bulk promo running this month 1k I would kiss goodbye right away but damn no 1k to splurge right now or ever poor me....

rolandomota

Veteran
That's awesome I would backcross with that male to infuse red colors in to this strain. Here's a review on YouTube https://youtu.be/b_vP7_7iHN4 my kind of smoke I'm excited to see what my cross to original haze skunk will give I'm planning a backcross with that awesome plant so far all seedling are normal I have seen about 60 I guess killing most of the original Freakshow was kind of a good thing now I don't have to wonder what my hybrid is like and I can breed it further

Thesearch

if you use a mutagen you still have to take it a generation further(the mutations will be different in different cells, so the seed you irradiate will be chimeric, you need to grow it out and make seeds with it to get a plant with the mutation in all cells).
so even if that was used you would not get the seeds directly out of that.

might be that it's some kind of mutation that also has an effect on how the seeds look, besides the weird look of the leaves, though. or just not ripened long enough.

The seeds actually just have a very very thin coating that rubs off, making the seeds appear to be premature. They actually all had the stripes/darkness, it just doesn't survive transportation.

Theirs a lot of meat left you ravenous dogs go get them while their hot I wish I had 1 k to splurge 7 east genetics my amigos mucho amor from yo to you lol ask about that bulk promo running this month 1k I would kiss goodbye right away but damn no 1k to splurge right now or ever poor me....

7 east have some very nice stuff, it seems. I just have trouble believing them after they claimed to have made a fern leaf stabilized freakshow x rare dankness #1 cross within the time after the freakshow seeds were released that it would have taken to rush grow and breed it as fast as possible one time. So it seems either they're selling freakshow x freakshow seeds and calling it a cross to avoid being called thieves or they're selling freakshow x rare dankness #1 seeds and just taking pictures of freakshow seedlings and claiming it to be that 'cross' so people think that trait is stabilized in their 'cross'. I wasn't there, but it all doesn't add up for sure. Everyone else I have heard talk about it claims that the f1 outcross of freakshow has no fern leafing or is very rare. No one has claimed different but them. Maybe they got it straight from shapeshifter a couple years before the official release though? who knows...

... I'm excited to see what my cross to original haze skunk will give I'm planning a backcross with that awesome plant so far all seedling are normal I have seen about 60 I guess killing most of the original Freakshow was kind of a good thing now I don't have to wonder what my hybrid is like and I can breed it further

rolandomota

Veteran
The guy germinated a couple of thousand 3 I think he got a few less than 10 some of my cross have slightly bigger serrated leaf nothing too over the top just slightly bigger serrations I'm sure the back cross will produce freaks if not then bx 2 should do the trick or f2 of bx 1 the 50 50 will be harder to find the trait in f2
You make f2 Freakshow they all come out strange I have not done it yet but .....a whatever dudes latter im not in the mood now

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The guy germinated a couple of thousand 3 I think he got a few less than 10 some of my cross have slightly bigger serrated leaf nothing too over the top just slightly bigger serrations I'm sure the back cross will produce freaks if not then bx 2 should do the trick or f2 of bx 1 the 50 50 will be harder to find the trait in f2
You make f2 Freakshow they all come out strange I have not done it yet but .....a whatever dudes latter im not in the mood now

Freakshow F2s plants all have freaky leaves, but not any real variation on the leaf type from the mom and dad.

Freakshow cross F1s have normal leaves, some with bigger serrations.

The Freakshow cross F2s have normal leaf and freaky leaf (at about 15-20%) plants. Some of the Freakshow cross F2 plants with 'normal' leaves do have some variation; ie leaf blade looks normal until you look close and see there are slits from the edge of the leaf blade down to the middle rib.

The Freakshow cross F1 back-crossed to Freakshow have normal leaf and freaky leaf (at about 40%) plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts